• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Hey, I remember this place...

Pylon

Squishy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So, yeah. Time passes. So be it.

Anyway, little to tell. Slacked, but working my way back in. Dropped @ 15 lbs this year so far. (Had picked up more than that over the last year or so.) Still way over where I want to be.

So anyway, missed you all. Sorry to have been gone so long. Will try to do better.

Today's w/out was cardio, 30 min elip. Planning to lift in the AM. For reference, will be back on the HIT program, at least to start. Here's the program...

Tues Target Leg ext 6 - 10 SS leg press 6 - 10 calf press 15 - 20 Fri
DB laterals 6 - 10 BO DB rows 6 - 10 Standing BB curl 6 - 10 tri pushdowns 6 - 10 SS dips 3 - 5 Tues
leg ext 6 - 10 SS squat 6 - 10 seated calf 6 - 10 Fri
pec deck 6 - 10 SS HS incline 1 - 3 DB pullovers 6 - 10 SS CG pulldowns 6 - 10 deadlifts 6 - 10

Off we go....

hey amigo!
How's things? Great to 'see' you again!
How's life in the big corporate world? you still at that new job? (which...wouldn't be...'new' now)

Welcome back, man! Slacking is acceptable, just get your foot back on the gas!

Have started a HIT-style program recently aswell so will be interested to see how you go about things :thumb:

hey amigo!
How's things? Great to 'see' you again!
How's life in the big corporate world? you still at that new job? (which...wouldn't be...'new' now)

Heya Burns! Going well. Got bumped to corporate in January, working with a bigger crowd now. Has it's ups and downs, but what doesn't, right?

Welcome back, man! Slacking is acceptable, just get your foot back on the gas!

Have started a HIT-style program recently aswell so will be interested to see how you go about things :thumb:

Working on it, Gaz. Up at 5 to head to the gym, in fact. :ohyeah:

Hi Py! :wave2:

I haven't been posting so much either :( But we all need a break sometime. Glad you're back :D

Heya Kat!

OK, fair enough. I'll let you slide if you return the favor. :thumb:

Tuesday workout...

WU - bike, 5 min
WU - leg press, 180 x 10
WU - Standing calf raise, bw x 20
WU - leg ext - 110 x 5

Leg ext - 130 x 10
SS leg press - 270 x 10
calf press - 270 x 20

10 min cardio - elliptical. (This is a different kind of machine. It measures stride length along with speed, and the only way to get full stride is to really have your arms engaged. Much better cardio workout than a regular elliptical.)

Nothing to write home about here. Nice and easy, light weights, good ROM. First lifting session in quite a while. I'm sure I'll be stumbling around badly by the end of the day. :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Looking good, dude! Enjoy your stumbling, lol.

Strong weights for first session after a layoff.

remember: baby steps...crawl before you walk, before you can jog, before you can run...then next thing you know, you'll be flying again.

Looking good, dude! Enjoy your stumbling, lol.

Strong weights for first session after a layoff.

Thanks, Gaz. I can go a lot heavier on leg work, but I know I'll pay for that bit as it is. I can't imagine what would happen if I would have racked 360 or 450 on the press...and I considered it. I think 360 would have gone up easy enough, but I would have suffered on cadence a bit. 450 would be a struggle to finish the set, I think.

remember: baby steps...crawl before you walk, before you can jog, before you can run...then next thing you know, you'll be flying again.

Yeah, I've never really gotten past the jogging phase.... :roflmao:

Thanks, Gaz. I can go a lot heavier on leg work, but I know I'll pay for that bit as it is. I can't imagine what would happen if I would have racked 360 or 450 on the press...and I considered it. I think 360 would have gone up easy enough, but I would have suffered on cadence a bit. 450 would be a struggle to finish the set, I think.

Totally, dude. Form and cadence are the most important thing, not the weight. You did the right thing! Its always tempting to stroke your ego by racking a lot of weight, but most of the time you end up stroking your injuries straight afterwards.

What sorta cadence are you using for these reps, out of interest?

Totally, dude. Form and cadence are the most important thing, not the weight. You did the right thing! Its always tempting to stroke your ego by racking a lot of weight, but most of the time you end up stroking your injuries straight afterwards.

What sorta cadence are you using for these reps, out of interest?

I generally go 4 beats up, hold for 1, 2 beats down. Or try to, anyway.

I generally go 4 beats up, hold for 1, 2 beats down. Or try to, anyway.

Ouch, 4 is tough!

I saw a vid when Mentzer was making this dude do 5 up 5 down or something. Poor bastard :p

Sorry, had that backwards. It's 2 up, 4 down. Still brutal, though.

4 down is even sicker! I can only manage 3!

4 beats down where the good stuff starts. :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Sorry, YM. I can't talk to you as long as you have that....that THING on your avi... :paddle: :roflmao:

you and my both Py. lol just kidding, YM, your alright:thumb: lol.

but for the record, Pens are taking the game tonight, 5-3. Malkin and Crosby are coming out firing!

welcome back Py, wondering where ya got to. no worries about the slacking, like Gaz said, it's acceptable but now it's time to get back into the swing of things!

your legs will be thanking you after that one!

you and my both Py. lol just kidding, YM, your alright:thumb: lol.

but for the record, Pens are taking the game tonight, 5-3. Malkin and Crosby are coming out firing!

welcome back Py, wondering where ya got to. no worries about the slacking, like Gaz said, it's acceptable but now it's time to get back into the swing of things!

your legs will be thanking you after that one!

Yup, hate the Wings. Hard. Pulling for Pitt, no question.

Been no where special. I've moved my workouts to the morning. I realized I was leaving before the kids were up anyway, but not getting time at lunch or at night to work out. If I do it in the morning, I have more time, less crowd, less traffic, and just as much time with the kids. Win!

4 beats?
What are you humming something?
gosh, man...work out! Not American Idol!
:p

Good to see ya at it.
If it makes you feel any better...I came into work today...and I was supposed to be off...guess I'll mosey back to my 'house' and take a nap...

What, a brother can't sing while he lifts? I mean, you get some odd looks in the gym while you are belting out "Copa Cobana", but no one bothers me about using the cage in between my sets!

Cardio day, 45 min on the bike. Legs feel ok. I think the light weights and elliptical work kept them from going bonkers with the restart.

Will probably run tomorrow. I ran Friday morning (5K), which led to a sore hip for some reason. Probably just natural stiffness, but it lingered for a couple of days. Was going to run Monday, but could feel it after about 1/4 mile, so ditched for other cardio work. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Welcome back, Py. :wave2: I, too, have fallen off the workout posting wagon. :(

That's ok, Trips. We can catch up to it together!

Back