PDA

View Full Version : Help getting started.

Crayons
06-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Well I wanted to post this here since I can't really get good help in person. Most people deny the use or poses no accurate knowledge, or they try and over price THEIR specific product, something which I hate.

I've used Androstenedione (reason being just mentioned) for aprox. 8 weeks, which gave me no result. Tried it yet again for a longer period of time, with still no result.

I'm 21, 6'01'' 191 lbs, with aprox. 14% body fat.
I've been training for about 3 years or so now with a huge difference from the start, but I've been stuck where I'm at for a while; using supplements, different diets, different routines yet no noticeable difference.

I wanted to see what you guys could recommend, its usage and lastly a p.c.t. that could help me lower my body fat % to get more definition without losing my current weight. Thanks alot.

Shadowcam
06-30-2009, 06:15 AM
To lower bodyfat you need to be in a caloric deflict and to maintain muscle mass while in a caloric deflict you need to keep resistance training heavy and hard and avoid overtraining.

Forget drugs your too young!

What does your training routine and diet look like??

Crayons
06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Well I was looking around the forum, I might change my routine starting next week, but basically I do several sets of enough repetitions, increasing weights. Let me explain. I could do 3 sets of 8~10 reps and last 3 sets hit anywhere from 5~8 reps, mon~fridays and Saturday I do cardio or a fullbody workout.

I've tried going on a low carb diet with an increase in protein, but I dropped weight and just received a small amount of definition in expense of a large amount of size.
I can't really say how much caloric intake I have, but I try to get 3 basic meals a day and when ever I have time between class and rotations, get something else to eat.

I know I'm young, just 21, it's just like I said, I've been stuck at the same level with little increase and gain for a while now and have giving long thoughts about the use, just haven't used because I haven't found a "correct" way to use or someone to orientate me. One of my professors offered to help me, but he's been stuck in surgery everytime we have class.

Shadowcam
06-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Drugs will not help you if your diet and training is not in order. Sorry to say but yours are not.

You are basically training too much and not eating enough and sounds like you do not have a consistant diet.

I would recommend you reduce your training to 3-4 days a week and hit each muscle group hard just once per week with just basic exercises. This will give your body more chance for recovery and muscle growth.

You should be eating 6 evenly portioned meals throughout the day to keep a constant supply of nutrients and amino acids in the body to keep it in a anabolic state.

These meals should all consist of protein, carbs and fats just make sure to consume lean meats, clean slow digesting carbs and healthy unsaturated fats. If you cannot consume a real food meal for whatever reason then replace it with a meal replacement shake containing the ingredients mentions before. Forget the low carb nonsense, you will just loose muscle as you have already found out.

I like to keep cardio at low intensity 20-30 mins 3 times a week as a starting point. You need to understand that you cannot built muscle and drop fat at the same time. To build muscle you need to be in a caloric surplus or to drop bodyfat you need to be in caloric deflict so diet and cardio needs to be adjusted to target your goals.

I suggest you do some reading up to attain some knowledge on bodybuilding. Once you have accomplished that and have experimented and know what works for you, become consistant with the bodybuilding lifestyle and built desent size then you can cosider enhancers if you still want to go down that route. Of course that will be in a few years from now.

Crayons
07-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Well there are some solid point you did mention, you could say I do over train and I don't have a consistent diet. Even tho I don't eat 6 meals a day I do drink protein shake with enough grams of protein, aa, and high on calories.

Well Cam thanks for you advice, I'm looking around for a new change in my work out routine, but seriously cut it down to 4 days a week??

Marat
07-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Four times a week is plenty. Additionally, you shouldn't go more than two days consecutively.

Pirate!
07-02-2009, 07:17 AM
All solid advice so far...