PDA

View Full Version : foods

b_real
08-04-2009, 07:05 PM
im trying to find some good foods to eat while trying to build mass. i know salmon is a good one but being laid off makes it to spendy to buy daily. is there anything thats really good for the body but cheap enouph to eat every day?

I.C.P.
08-04-2009, 07:43 PM
im trying to find some good foods to eat while trying to build mass. i know salmon is a good one but being laid off makes it to spendy to buy daily. is there anything thats really good for the body but cheap enouph to eat every day?I hear ya man.I work part time and with the increase of food and everything else it's tuff.I like chicken baked in the oven.Steak/hamburger when it's on sale.I love fish too,but like you said,too spendy:(.I buy sardines at wally world at 69 cents a can,but mainly live off of chicken.

Right Hook
08-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Tuna

I.C.P.
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
TunaForgot that one.Cheap at wally world as well.

VictorZ06
08-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Snack on/with peanut butter, it's loaded with protein. I keep a jar next to my bed. :)

/V

Right Hook
08-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I just looked through the cupboards and a couple of other things:

1. Eggs - cheap (boiled, fried, raw, etc)
2. Olive oil or Enova oil - very calorie dense. look for sales. Add to shakes or on top of any food.

Shadowcam
08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Tuna
eggs
rice
vegies
olive oil

All cheap! I live in Australia so I have the luxury of cheap red mince, compliments of our native friend the Kangeroo.