• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Valerian tea

Vvitto

Never surrender
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I got some valerian tea to see if I can get a better sleep .
Did anyone try this kind of tea? Did you get any results?

I know that it tastes like dirty socks but I wouldnt mind if I am gonna sleep better.

I`ve never tried the tea...I see no reason in being able to get to sleep only to be woken up a couple of hours later dying for a piss :rolleyes:

I have tried the tablets though, and they did somewhat help.

Many wake up groggy from Valerian, calmatives aslo include Chamomille, Skullcap, Passion Flower, Hops, Kava, 5-HTP, Melatonin (age related) and even Cal/Mag to a certain extent! :D

DP

For a couple of weeks now i have been taking valerian in pill form, one with each meal, and have been sleeping alot better... but the normal dose iss two pills per meal, so maybe since i'm taking half the dosage, I haven't been waking up groggy... your body prolly just needs to get use to it

Originally posted by Chalcedony
For a couple of weeks now i have been taking valerian in pill form, one with each meal, and have been sleeping alot better... but the normal dose iss two pills per meal, so maybe since i'm taking half the dosage, I haven't been waking up groggy... your body prolly just needs to get use to it
I was thinking about pills too. At least I dont have to deal with the pungent smell ...

Does it really work for you? After how many days did you see results? How many a day?

Last edited:
well, mine is actually the actual herb.. it's vegetarian, I got it at a store called whole foods... uhm it is suppose to be taken with each meal, in order to get your time clock back in place... so ya'll must be taking something diff

IML Gear Cream!
I did some reasearch on the web where they say to drink 2-3 cups a day;seems a tad too much for me as I just made a cup and still thinking how can I drink it without barfing...

There are also a few receipes about making the tea;one says to boil it a few minutes and let it stay 15 min and drink it;other says that it have to stay over night and without being boiled .

Just wondering how you made yours? Do you use honey?

I jsut want to improve my sleeping patterns and I also have a long flight from Europe back to California so I want to be able to get some sleep in plane also...Dont want to try melatonin or other pills as I rely beter on herbs.

They also say that you see results in two weeks in terms of improving one's sleep.

Any thoughts on this?

I`m not sure if you are talking to me but........

Mine is a tablet, not tea.

I only take it on nights when I must sleep to get up very early and would not be able to normally ( I`mone of those that is often awake for a couple of hours after going to bed ).

If I wanted to sleep on the plane, I`d probably take a tablet about 20min before the food was served :grin: , eat, and be getting sleepy not long after the tray was taken away.

Does you're body build up a tolerance to valerian root, or any other herbal calmative for that matter?

Originally posted by kuso
I`m not sure if you are talking to me but........

Mine is a tablet, not tea.

I only take it on nights when I must sleep to get up very early and would not be able to normally ( I`mone of those that is often awake for a couple of hours after going to bed ).

If I wanted to sleep on the plane, I`d probably take a tablet about 20min before the food was served :grin: , eat, and be getting sleepy not long after the tray was taken away.

Did your pills help you at all?
After how long did you notice an improvement in your sleep?

About an hour after taking one. I only take them on those bad nights though.....maybe once every 2 weeks, and they general help me sleep.....I do find though they make me sleepy for about an hour, and if I don`t actually fall asleep in that time then I`m fucked....not sleeping at all......and I do feel pretty groggy the next morning.

One day doubled the dose....DON`T do this....I had a MAJOR headache for two days!!!

Back