• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How do i increase my pullups?

NickB

Damn, so many new faces.
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I cant do pullups. Not close grip hands in or out, nor wide grip. And i need to do all forms by november next year, when i ship out for the army. Im working on pushups/situps/2 mile speed, and im getting better every time. BUT!

I jsut cant get pullups! No matter how hard i try!

How can i increase my "pullup muscles" ? :\

I dont want to have to go through remedial PT in bootcamp. :[

Last edited:
Umm, keep doing them? If you can't do the pullup version do pulldowns, I have a bit of problem with pullups as well but thats because I'm carrying 15.4% bodyfat.

I also like heavy rows, I start out with wide grip then work towards close reverse grip at the end of my sets.

I have a 49.25" chest but still, pullups are tough for me, could also be long arms not helping.

Do the negatives. Put a bench under the bar and do slow negatives. Also try to do them with a little help from your feet pushing off the bench, just enough to keep you moving up. Youll get there.

What are negatives?

I cant even do 1 pullup, i keep trying but ive noticed zero gains.

Negatives are the negative portion of the rep, for curling example lifting is positive, letting it down to resting position is the negative portion of the rep.

Could also use a pullup assist if your gym has one, basically a counter-weight, as you progress eventually you wont even need a counter-weight.

loose like 5lbs of fat, and it'll fly! ezzz 10 of em

Back