• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Who said you can't burn fat lifting weights!

Scotty the Body

I'm Dead Sexxxxy!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Got one of those pulse rate watches and thought I'd bring it to the gym for my weight workout, it was leg day.

On each lift, my pulse went up to 135-160BPM on all lifts. Calves were lower but Squats and Leg press were the highest, anywhere form 145 to 165. My pulse went back down to 90-100BPM between sets.

So this leads me to beleive that you can in fact burn fat while lifting. On leg day anyway.

Well, I do agree with you....but the theory behind it is "aerobic" vs. "anaerobic" exercise. Weight lifting is said to be the latter.

Aerobic exercise being a state of increased cardiovascular activity, that is sustained for at least 15 - 20 minutes or longer. Using a large muscle group, rhythmically, while maintaining 60-80% of your maximum heart rate

Hehe, you got me there Prince.

Oh well, I tried to get out of cardio.
smile.gif

Hey...squatting can do wonders for cardio..If you can squat a certain amount for at the very least, 15 minutes non-stop. Good luck everyone!!
biggrin.gif

Scotty , I think gym based cardio sucks in general.
Console yourself with the fact that by increasing your lean muscle mass and regularly stimulating thosee muscles with weight training you are burning fat!

------------------
What doesn't kill us
makes us strong

If you go to musclemedia.com you can read an article by Shawn Phillips on HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Scotty I think you're right to an extent. Appearantly, they've found that periods of going from high to low heart rate does help burn fat.

Back