PDA

View Full Version : Dull Shoulder Pain

kyoun1e
12-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Have this dull pain in the upper right back / shoulder area. It started after doing some heavy dips and rows. This has been going on for a couple months now.

I can pretty much do all my lifts without restriction and heavy...with one restriction -- dips. I went to my chiropractor who upon inspection immediately ruled out any kind of rotator cuff damage. Then again, he's not a doctor.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Understanding that dips creates discomfort and we're talking about a "dull throb" that kinda comes and goes, any thoughts on what this could be?

Thanks.

KY

Arnold
12-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Yes, I have had it and get it from time to time, personally I take time off from training back when this happens, if you think dips are the culprit lay of them for a few weeks and see if it goes away. I don't think a doctor is going to be able to help though, I would also recommend to take ibuprofen, an effective dose is 800mg.

fufu
12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't do dips for that reason. Mechanically, they just don't work for me.

kyoun1e
12-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes, I have had it and get it from time to time, personally I take time off from training back when this happens, if you think dips are the culprit lay of them for a few weeks and see if it goes away. I don't think a doctor is going to be able to help though, I would also recommend to take ibuprofen, an effective dose is 800mg.

I've been off dips for about a month and a half now. I'm not going back anytime soon.

Here's a perfect example of when this dull, annoying discomfort emerges:

* Lying on my left side in bed and letting my right arm kind of drape over in front of me.

Wierd.

I'll do heavy bench or something and nothing. But this subtle "crossover" type of movement with my right arm like in the above scenario or simply bending over and then across to tie my left shoe kinda hurts.

I don't get it.

KY