• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

help please!

raider6969

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
im presently lifting heavy weights ,i wanna get bigger(bulk) until next summer .im not sure if im properly for bulking.
im 6 feet, 210 pounds, 15 % approx. fat.i need your opinion please.this is a sample of my diet:

meal 1- 2/3 cup oatmeal(dry), 50 g whey, 1 1/2 tbsp flax

meal 2- 5 eggs(3 yolks) ,20g whey. sweet patato

meal 3- chicken breast, 3-4 tbsn peanut butter.

meal 4- (pre-workout) 50 g whey, 1 1/2 tbsn flax, 2/3 cup(dry) brown rice

meal 5- (post-workout) 2 cans tuna , 1 1/2 tbsn flax, 2/3 cup brown rice

meal 6- 50 g whey, 1/3 cup almonds

i workout 3 times a week, every bodypart once a week.

Your diet looks very good...just a few things I'd change:

Originally posted by raider6969
im presently lifting heavy weights ,i wanna get bigger(bulk) until next summer .im not sure if im properly for bulking.
im 6 feet, 210 pounds, 15 % approx. fat.i need your opinion please.this is a sample of my diet:

meal 1- 2/3 cup oatmeal(dry), 50 g whey, 1 1/2 tbsp flax

meal 2- 5 eggs(3 yolks) ,20g whey. sweet patato

meal 3- chicken breast, 3-4 tbsn peanut butter.

I would keep this to 2 tbsp of peanut butter max, replace the calories w/ something else if needed.

meal 4- (pre-workout) 50 g whey, 1 1/2 tbsn flax, 2/3 cup(dry) brown rice

meal 5- (post-workout) 2 cans tuna , 1 1/2 tbsn flax, 2/3 cup brown rice

I would either measure 1 cup cooked rice or 1/2 cup dry

meal 6- 50 g whey, 1/3 cup almonds

i workout 3 times a week, every bodypart once a week.

i was reading at abcbodybuolding about bulking diet and how a guy that eats 2500 cals a day, should bring it up to 4000 cals a day. whats that all about?

You would want to raise calories by 200-500 a day for a few days to a week, and once w8 gain stabilizes then add 200-500 more,

Never go from 2500 to 4000, you will add BF unless you have a "smokin" metabolism. :D

Big problem with your meal plan, NO PHYTONUTRIENTS! You need some veggies, greens, and maybe an apple or two!

DP

how will eating 4000 cals a day differ from eating 2500 cals a day when bulking?

when adding 250- 500 a day, i should add another meal ,in between 2 meals or spread the calories amongst the 6 meals?

do the added calories includ complex carbs and fat?

dr.pain, what do uy mean the weight gain stabolizes? should i add 200 cals a day of protein?

You need to add calories gradually or you will gain too much fat. Take what you're eating now and add 250 calories to that....don't add more meals, just work it into the 6 you're eating now...for instance....up your protein by 5 grams per meal for an additional 120 calories...and up your fat by 3 grams per meal for an additional 162 calories....keep it here for at least a week, monitoring your progress...you could keep it here until you feeling your body needs more calories to continue gaining...probably in a couple weeks....then up it again.

so ,i should up my calorie intake by 250 for a week or 2. how will i be able to tell if i need more calories or not (since i already have some fat around my waist from previous bad fats)?

Weigh yourself...you should add 1-1.5 lbs...if you don't then add more cals in the same manner.

if after one week i gain 1-1.5 lbs, i add another 250 cals and wait another another week till i gain that pound? until i reach 4000
cals?

IML Gear Cream!
There is no upper limit.....you may make consistant gains ay any calorie level. The idea is to minimize BF accumulation! :D That's why the gradual increase and not all at once...we don't want to throw the body into "storage" mode! :D

DP

i still dont understand how i will know when i 'll have to eventually stop adding calories. i eat 2500 cals now, is it ok for bulking or i need more? how do i know 4000 cals a day will be sufficient or maybe i'll nedd less cals per day?

You add calories when you STOP gainning!

And there is NO WAY to tell if your metabilism is going to acclimate to ANY level of caloroes! Remember, what is IN those CALORIES is IMPORTANT!

Please reread this thread! :D

DP

Last edited:
What is your bodyweight now? You could be perfectly fine on that amount and choose to lose bodyfat at a faster rate, or you could choose to continue bulking, but if you don't do it "gently" as mentioned with slow caloric addition, then you could just end up piling on more fat.

If you add the calories too fast as was said (2500 to 4000 overnight) you'll just add fat. Not everyones metabolism, daily activity, is the same so reading on another board someone elses diet isn't going to help you neccessarily as just copying thiers straight away.

Originally posted by w8lifter
You need to add calories gradually or you will gain too much fat. Take what you're eating now and add 250 calories to that....don't add more meals, just work it into the 6 you're eating now...for instance....up your protein by 5 grams per meal for an additional 120 calories...and up your fat by 3 grams per meal for an additional 162 calories....keep it here for at least a week, monitoring your progress...you could keep it here until you feeling your body needs more calories to continue gaining...probably in a couple weeks....then up it again.

on the 2nd and third calorie up, i'll still be adding protein and fat? eventually ill be eating 70 g pf protein per meal, is that good?

When your bulking you'll be adding a little bit of everything. More fat/protein/carbs. Just keep your ratios and add as necessary. When your weight stabilizes (stays the same, stops changing), that is a sign that you will need to add some more cals.

is there a limit , without steroids, that a human beeing will stop growing mass?

There is some kind of limit, simply based on you can only eat so much, and the human body can only do so much, hormones and general laws of nature etc. Some sea going creatures have "limitless" ability to put on size, with our environment, lifespans, and hormones though, I'm not sure what to make of your question.

Natural bodybuilders will not be as big as the top of the line freaks with hormonal help, if Ronnie Coleman were to stop juicing then he'd lose a pretty good deal of size pronto.

I don't know what your height is, but 20-21" arms can be done naturally.

Back