• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Low Vitamin D Linked to Colon Cancer

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Study: People With Low Levels of Vitamin D Are More Likely to Get Colon Cancer

By MICHAEL SMITH
MedPage TodayStaff Writer

Jan. 22, 2010???

Low levels of circulating vitamin D are associated with a greater risk of colorectal cancer, European researchers say.
A case-control study found that people in the top fifth of vitamin D levels had 40 percent lower risk for colorectal cancer than those in the bottom fifth, according to Mazda Jenab of the International Agency for Research on Cancer in Lyon, France, and colleagues.
But more research is needed to see if increasing circulating vitamin D can effectively reduce the risk of the disease, they concluded online in the British Medical Journal.
The main role of vitamin D is to maintain calcium levels in cells and bone metabolism, the researchers noted in the journal. But there is some evidence that it may also play a role in cancer control by modulating cell growth and death and by reducing the development of blood vessels to support tumor tissue.
Unfortunately, they said, epidemiological evidence -- mostly based on counting people's dietary intake of vitamin D rather than taking blood circulating levels -- is inconclusive.
To fill the gap, they turned to the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) study, which is prospectively following 520,000 volunteers from 10 European countries.
Jenab and colleagues compared 1,248 people who developed colorectal cancer after enrollment with 1,248 controls who were disease-free.
Dietary and lifestyle data were obtained from questionnaires and researchers measured circulating vitamin D concentrations.
The researchers found:
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
There was a linear trend for colorectal cancer. Those in the lower fifths of vitamin D levels significantly more likely to get the disease than those in higher fifths.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
The same trend was seen for colon cancer but not rectal cancer.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Compared with volunteers with a mid-level concentrations, those in the lowest fifth had a 32 percent increased risk of colorectal cancer.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Higher concentrations were associated with lower risk.
The vitamin D concentration was associated with lower colorectal risk in a dose-response manner, the researchers reported.
The study's strengths include its large size and prospective (following a group of people before any got sick) design, the researchers said. Also levels of circulating vitamin D before a diagnosis of cancer were available for all participants.
On the other hand, follow-up was relatively short, which may mean that some participants with disease already had the illness at the time the samples were taken.
In addition, the study did not control for colorectal screening; however, the investigators said this is not routinely performed in Europe.

Copyright © 2010 ABC News Internet Ventures

It is not too late to get fit and take care of yourself by maintaining good diet.

it's been linked to a lot of cancers, breast and pancreatic and prostate.Remember, vitamin d is not really a vitamin, it is a steroid molecule, in fact the only steroid legally sold over the counter.

In breast cancer patients, if their vitamin d is low at the time of diagnosis, no matter what the initial staging of the breast cancer, it confers a poor prognosis.http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/574846

what's interesting is that all these cancers are more aggressive and occur at higher frequencies in blacks when the move to the northern and southern latitudes( where there is less sunlight).........

Last edited:
Vitamins do a lot of benefit in the body. To avoid cancer like that, we should engage ourselves in healthy lifestyle. So when we get older, our body can defend itself in any disease like cancer. Vitamin D is important but in colon cancer prevention, rich in fiber food is better.

Prevent this by getting the daily value of vitamins needed. All natural Bazi contains 12 essential vitamins and up 68 minerals that contain many antioxidants to keep you healthy.

When I saw my Dr last month to go over my recent blood work. He noted that I had low Vit D. He went on to say that it's an epidemic situation!
Not more than 2% of blood results he's done had adequate Vit D levels, he told me! Since, he directed me to take Vit D3, 1000 IU, 3 times a day until my next blood workup in a couple months.

get a good diet, take a multivitamin, should be okay!

gotta also think about all the people with this in their family that vitamin d is not going to help. my friend is 25 and last year he had a tumor in his colon. luckily it was benign, but colon cancer runs in his family and his grandfather died of it. sometimes you just can't avoid everything.

IML Gear Cream!
Vitamins are good for our body.take a multivitamin, should be okay...
no not ok. 400iu od vit D is FUK ALL.
most multis have this amount some less.

I Take 5000iu VitD every day year round And have never been better.

Back