• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Check my stats plz

Josh

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The last time I did measurements was early May, and I just did another one this morning. Here are the comparison within 4 months:

Chest: 33.5" -> 33.75"
Waist: 34.5" -> 36"
Thigh: 20.5" -> 22"
Biceps: 11.25" -> 11.5"
Shoulder: 39" -> 39"
Calves: 14.5" -> 15"
Forearms: 9" -> 9"

Weight: 68.5 kgs (151.02 lbs) -> 71.5 kgs (157.63 lbs)
Fat %: 27.89% -> 25.52%

My observations are as follow:
1. Body part growth is very minimal even after 4 months of training.
2. Most noticeable "growth" is at the waist!
3. Weight has increased, and fat % reduced but still high.

My questions:
1. Could anybody suggest how to improve the above stats please?
2. How to reduce the "growth" of waist and increase the other muscles? It seems like most of what I eat goes to the stomach and only contribute minimally to the rest of the body.
3. How to further increase the weight while reducing the fat %?

Thanks.

- Josh

Umm what do u mean by training? Theres lots of types of training.....Lets see your lifting routine if u have one.

Its going to come from diet.

Your chest is smaller than your waist, wow get to work. I'm not being a jackass, just telling you what to do. Basically you gained almost 7lbs and most of it was on your waist.

Tell me what your diet and training looks like. We will be able to help you then.

Thanks all for the replies.

For the last 9 weeks my weight training had followed Gopro's cyclical methods (meaning I have done 3 cycles of power/rep range/shock). The exercises were similar to what Gopro has posted in various times in this forum, but I had to adjust them to the available equipments in my gym. Also I believe I did less sets than Gopro's posting, about 6-7 sets for major muscles, 4-6 sets for smaller muscles. I am now taking a week break. Next week I will start trying HST style.

Diet is probably the most difficult aspect for me because I can't consistently measure the cals and grams of every meal. Also, Indonesian/Chinese/Asian foods and eating style/habit are completely different from western - I think - so it's very difficult for me to try to follow western guidelines. Basically our main food is rice (every main meal will include this), plus some meat and vegetables. I eat this kind of food about 5 times a day, plus a protein shake before bed if I'm not too tired to make one. Now I understand that to be ideal I have to measure the composition of protein/carbs/fat of each meal, and also the total cals to be consumed, but it is simply not practical for me. I simply have to guess how much to eat by portion of each meal. And lately I have tried to reduce the carbs (most importantly rice, I reduce about 1/2 of what I used to eat), and try to put more meat on the plate.

If anybody has a practical guideline to estimate the portion I should eat on each meal to improve my condition, I appreciate it very much. Or maybe some solution from weight training, that would be most welcome as well. Thanks.

- Josh

You know, you should allow yourself more time to gain. 4 months usually isn't gonna heed major results. I think you are being a little too impatient. Have you been working your abs at all or doing any cardio? Because a 2 inch increase makes me think you are just eating tons of junk food and being lazy. If you are bulking, make sure you are doing it cleanly.

Originally posted by Lightman009
You know, you should allow yourself more time to gain. 4 months usually isn't gonna heed major results. I think you are being a little too impatient. Have you been working your abs at all or doing any cardio? Because a 2 inch increase makes me think you are just eating tons of junk food and being lazy. If you are bulking, make sure you are doing it cleanly.

Actually, my main concern is not simply gaining, but how to gain not mainly in the stomach but in the muscles. I realize that 4 months may not be enough time to have substantial growth, but I did gain weight, and my main concern is that weight seems to mostly end up in the stomach instead of in the muscles. I admit I have not work on my abs for some time, but I understand that abs workout is mainly to strengthen abs muscles, not to reduce waist measurement, that's why I didn't put any priority at all to them. And no, I also have not done cardio for some time because I was trying to gain weight, and I understand that cardio is mainly to reduce weight, at least I thought it does not work on shrinking the waist particularly, and also I heard that cardio may hamper the effectiveness of weight training, that's why I also have skipped them. Regarding junk food, I tried as hard as possible to avoid them; I always eat only rice and meat and vegetables and fruits and protein shake, no candy or cakes or ice creams, etc. And for being lazy, my job is a desk job indeed, but I always try to walk and be active anytime I have the chance.

In any case, I was a skinny person and gaining weight has been my pursuit for long time. But now that I have some gains, I notice that my waist gain faster than other parts of my body. I'm trying to find a way out from this situation.

- Josh

what kind of protien shakes do you use?(brand) cause you might have weight gainner cause i know i did that by accident when i first started out :D

do you know how many grams of protien per day you eat?
do you know how much you should have?

same questions with carbs and fat etc...

just wonderin about the diet cause 7 pounds is quite a bit of weight

Originally posted by CRASHMAN
what kind of protien shakes do you use?(brand) cause you might have weight gainner cause i know i did that by accident when i first started out :D

do you know how many grams of protien per day you eat?
do you know how much you should have?

same questions with carbs and fat etc...

just wonderin about the diet cause 7 pounds is quite a bit of weight

I currently use EAS Protein. I know weight gainer and have used it about 2 years ago, at that time from Universal. Now I mostly drink the protein, but sometimes (very seldom though) I also mix with weight gainer. Is there anything wrong with using weight gainer? Can't I use it sometime?

I don't quite know the grams of protein I usually consume per day. It's usually something like a small fish + cuts of beef or chicken legs (maybe 2 pcs) + fried egg (maybe 1 or 2); of course this is not a constant menu each day. I do know that I need to have minimal 1 gram per lbs body weight (meaning I have to take minimal 157 grams of protein daily, correct?). Carbs I think should be about the same amount as protein, and the rest is fat.

Yes, 6+ lbs increase seems a lot, but back in May I did not consistenly eat 5-6 meals daily. About 2 months ago I started to commit to eat more meals. I guess this contributed to the weight gain.

- Josh

If your eating tons of rice, forget the weight gainer you don't need it. I have a Filipa friend trying to lose weight and she said the same thing, they eat rice all day long so she had to americanize a bit to lose the weight.

You do not need as many carbs as protein in general, usually you'll find 50/20/30 or approximately thereabouts protein/carbs/fat. I'm about 228 pounds and my total carb intake for a day is 120g.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
You sure you got the measurments right??

It doesn't seem possible that a man that weighs 157lb could ever have a waist that was 36", unless of course your 4 feet tall??
(I'm not trying to make fun, it just seems strange)

Like Mudge and others have said, you need to count those calories, diet seems to be the problem you need to work on.

The only other thing I could see your waise getting bigger while still loosing BF% would be working your Obliques, I don't do alot of Oblique work just for that reason.

Wow you eat 120g carbs per day ? that's 480 cals.
And at 50/20/30 that would be 300g protein = 1200 cals.
and that would also be 180g fat = 1620 cals

Would you be better eating more carbs and less fat ?

Does this diet work for you in a cutting or bulking phase?, or just in general ?

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
You sure you got the measurments right??

It doesn't seem possible that a man that weighs 157lb could ever have a waist that was 36", unless of course your 4 feet tall??
(I'm not trying to make fun, it just seems strange)

I think I measured correctly. I am about 175 cm tall, 33 years old.

Like Mudge and others have said, you need to count those calories, diet seems to be the problem you need to work on.

Do you count all the cals of every single meal? Do you weight all the grams of protein, carbs, and fat of the meals? I find this very impractical, but maybe you can suggest some practical way to do this.

- Josh

Originally posted by KarlW
Wow you eat 120g carbs per day ? that's 480 cals.
And at 50/20/30 that would be 300g protein = 1200 cals.
and that would also be 180g fat = 1620 cals

Would you be better eating more carbs and less fat ?

Does this diet work for you in a cutting or bulking phase?, or just in general ?

Hmmm, maybe I was wrong about the carbs and fat. As I said before, I do not measure everything I eat because I find this very impractical. Any suggestion would be most welcome.

The diet I use everyday is just ordinary diet for everybody here in Indonesia, not specific for cutting or bulking. I just need to find a way to adjust it so I can at least maintain my weight (if possible increase it) while making my waist smaller (make what I eat go to the muscles not to the waist).

- Josh

I do count everything now yes, because I need to lose some fat myself. How about try what your eating on a regular basis and just add protein (meat, etc)? See how that goes for 2-4-6 weeks or so?

Not sure what your routine is like or how closely you follow it, but you didn't grow much, is this protein related or ?

I tried to avoid counting calories for months, but I had to admit to myself I was fat and I wanted to get rid of it, and I also don't want to kiss any muscle goodbye at the same time, so to make the best of things its neccessary for me.

Originally posted by Mudge
I do count everything now yes, because I need to lose some fat myself. How about try what your eating on a regular basis and just add protein (meat, etc)? See how that goes for 2-4-6 weeks or so?

Hmm, I'll try that. I think I need to also start to find out how much of anything I am eating now. Reading the replies here, it looks like I won't be able to correct my situation without doing the weighting and calculations. Oh boy, I already feel uncomfortable just by thinking about it.

Not sure what your routine is like or how closely you follow it, but you didn't grow much, is this protein related or ?

As I said I just follow Gopro's routines, only probably at less sets than his original suggestion. And I do grow after using this method, but is it not much enough? Again, I think I must calculate my intakes in order to pinpoint my problem more acurately.

- Josh

Originally posted by Josh
Thanks all for the replies.

Diet is probably the most difficult aspect for me because I can't consistently measure the cals and grams of every meal. Also, Indonesian/Chinese/Asian foods and eating style/habit are completely different from western - I think - so it's very difficult for me to try to follow western guidelines. Basically our main food is rice (every main meal will include this), plus some meat and vegetables. I eat this kind of food about 5 times a day, plus a protein shake before bed if I'm not too tired to make one.
If anybody has a practical guideline to estimate the portion I should eat on each meal to improve my condition, I appreciate it very much. Or maybe some solution from weight training, that would be most welcome as well. Thanks.

- Josh

If I were you I would cut the protien shake before bed out, maybe cut breakfast in half and add it in there, I have found that throughout the day my metabolism tends to be alot higher and as evening begins to creep up it slows down dramatically. For example i can eat two chicken breasts and a cup of corn and a baked potatoe for lunch, my stomach feels empty by dinner, if i eat the same size meal for dinner it sits with me all night, therefore i tend not to eat after 7:00 pm (I usually go to bed at 12:00 am) and just keep the water beside me, took awhile to get used to. But your average protien shakes are runnin about 300, 350 calories no need to throw that in right before bed when your metabolism is at it's lowest. Thats my thought on the subject. :)

For me, I prefer to eat something before bed, because in my experience if I don't I will feel very hungry in the morning. From what I read, it's better to eat protein before bed because this can help with recovery and building of the muscles during sleep; avoid carbs before sleep because without any activity those carbs will be easily turned to fat. That's what I understand, and that's why I take protein shakes before bed. CMIIW.

- Josh

drink a protien shake before bed

Yep, fine to avoid the carbs before bed but fats/proteins can be good if your trying to gain muscle, otherwise your not intaking protein for 12 hours or so, that means muscle starvation.

IML Gear Cream!
hmmmm, 12 hours of sleep must be nice, im working off 6 - 8, not arguing the benifits of protien but in my opinion right before bed is no good try finding whey protien thats not in shake form and can be mixed with water. But whatever floats yer boat man, just sounded like you'ld gained a belly and wanted to know the reason, i can gaurentee that the protien shake before bed was part of the equation.

You posted that you don't eat after 7pm, I assume you wake up around 6-7? I would not suggest for anyone to sleep that much, 10 hours is a maximum I'd say, in high school I got 9-10, today I prefer 8-9 but I can function on less, just don't like too because thats when I start needing coffee through the day etc.

Protein is fine before bed so that you survive through the night, but not whey.

:shrug: it works for me.

Back