• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pete Sampras still has it.

EarWax

Top Banana
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Pete Sampras is still king of the tennis court. He just lost some confidence in my opinion. I just think it's great that he showed up that Ruskdfladfjlk guy or whatever his name is. I'm looking forward to his match against Roddick.

Go pete

Dont watch too much tennis my self but I know how pete sampras is

really i just posted becuase I dont like unanswered threads

I can't watch mens tennis.

Heh... thanks bigss.
Anyway, I was scared for a second that no one played tennis but me. I really hope Pete does well in this Open. Although he doesn't really excite the fans, no one can match his serve and volley style when it's on (the kind I like to try to use).

I never liked Pete because he had zero charisma. He still doesn't have any charisma, but he gets the automatic charisma associated with being washed up as of late.

Pete won! Yahooooooooo!

Frankly, I don't know why you guys are so concerned about charisma. He's a tennis player, not an Anna Kournakova. :lol:

Anna Kournikova has no charisma either, she is just eye candy for pre-pubescent boys.

I don't understand how people can think that Pete is boring to watch, especially because of his game. Maybe it's just because I'm actually a tennis player, but I love watching Pete. His strokes are beautiful, he's one of the last around that still plays with anything remotely resembling a classic style. The fact that he rushes the net when he has the opportunity means that there will be more fast, bang, bang kind of points in a match. To me that is more exciting and fun to watch than two guys with western grips hitting a dozen groundstrokes with major topspin back and forth from the baseline until one of them finally gets bored and ends the point with either a winner or an error. It's Pete and Andre in the final today and I'm expecting a great match...

IML Gear Cream!
Yep Mordred, I agree with you. Also, his serve is still one of the fastest around.

This is amazing, another Pete and Andre match! Go Pete Go! Though I wouldn't be dissappointed with a Andre win either. Guess I can't lose.

Samprass is serving now as we speak for the US Open title.....................................................................................................................................not over yet......................that's it...Samprass wins!

I'm happy for him but I have to say I was rooting for Agassi!

It is not that Sampras is not fun to watch, it is just that there are so many others that are more fun to watch than him. This final was a good match, but the first 2 sets were boring as hell to watch. Anything on Sampras' serve was decided in 2-3 strokes, that is not fun to watch, I would rather see 2 baseliners chase down 30 balls than watch service, ace. Service, return winner. I am a baseliner, however, so my opinion is slightly skewed. Roddick and Hewitt will be the future guys I will be watching, they get everything back.

hahaha Ivan Lendl... I still remember that fiasco during the French Open Final with Micheal Chang. Remember? Chang stood really close to the service line when Ivan Lendl was serving. Ivan got mad and Chang won his only Grand Slam

I also remember the time when Ivan was losing to (Sampras I think) and he screwed around and jumped in the air and hit between his legs. Imagine if the ball was cookin' and he mistimed his jump??! Tennis ball in the croth area! :lol:

:lol: I did the crotch catch with a squib kick from an american football. I was writhing on the ground asking for water for about 20 mins.

I remember Becker once was playing and everyone was yelling "Boooor issss, Booooor issss" It was like that cat commerical.

IML Gear Cream!
Petes days are over, he honestly was a fluke to win this US OPen. very luck draw. Im not doubting his greatness. He is probably the best of all time, but this was a lucky grand slam win.

Back