PDA

View Full Version : Uncontrolable cough

irontime
04-15-2010, 09:19 AM
This is actually for a buddy of mine. For the last 5 months he's had this horrible violent cough. The doctors x-rayed him several times, nothing shows up. They've had him on acid refulx pills, steroid inhalants, cough suppressents. Nothing helps him, he coughs so violantly he throws up.
Any suggestions on what he can try?

petev
04-15-2010, 09:28 AM
This happened to my bro for a similar period of time ... if not longer. The throw up was bile from his stomach because of the excessive coughing. Turned out (after all of the tests and prescriptions) that it was his smoking habits. He quit smoking the fun plant and his coughing ceased...

Not sure if your boy is sessing the greens, but might be a good idea to have him stop for a while if he is.

irontime
04-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks, but I probably should have thrown in that he doesn't smoke.

jcar1016
04-15-2010, 01:14 PM
I'd say your friend should have a full allergy panel done. If his lungs are clear then all thats left are allergies or sinus problems.

bandaidwoman
04-15-2010, 01:26 PM
don't forget pertussis is making a comeback that is why the new tetnus shots are combined with the pertussis vaccine, the ones we got when we were young don't protect us anymore and it is very hard to isolate the organism clinically
these folks cough to the point of vomitting for up to 12 weeks

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ColdandFluNews/story?id=6512732&page=1

irontime
04-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys, I'll send him your posts and hopefully they'll help. Appreciate it ;)

placez
04-18-2010, 07:21 AM
i know some1 like this that cough and i always think they are about 2 have a heart attack