• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Drinking milk

I have never had a problem with it at all. I drink at least 2 gallons a week. Drink it with my breakfast, with each protein shake, and for dinner. Sometimes with my lunch.

I have never had a problem with it at all. I drink at least 2 gallons a week. Drink it with my breakfast, with each protein shake, and for dinner. Sometimes with my lunch.

+1 more so on a bulk :clapping:

Full cream milk is fattening...otherwise I cant see any harmful effects from milk......

Full cream milk is fattening...otherwise I cant see any harmful effects from milk......

Anything is fattening if you eat enough of it.

Milk is great, especially whole milk.

Protein, carbs and fat, quick and easy.

IML Gear Cream!
I can't believe you guys drink whole milk. I need to start.

I mentioned above that I drink 2 gallons of milk a week but I forgot to mention I drink 2%.

I go through a gallon every 2-3 days. Skim milk.

I drink about a gallon to two a week. Down fall is i am stuck paying exuberant prices because i am lactose intolerant. Good thing there are lactose free milk companies that I keep in business. I normally just drink it and wouldn't imagine having it with a meal. I mix it in every shake(1-1.5 cups per shake, normally two shakes per day).

I hate to tell you guys this. The USA has the highest milk comsumtion, but yet the highest incidencse of osteoporosis (lack of calcium in the bones), that causes easily broken bones (esp in old people)

you also have the highest rate of inter-species relationships

I hate to tell you guys this. The USA has the highest milk comsumtion, but yet the highest incidencse of osteoporosis (lack of calcium in the bones), that causes easily broken bones (esp in old people)

What's your point?

I don't know, I guess I just always drank skim because I assumed that was what bodybuilders did, but it truly makes no sense to do that. Not for my goals at least.

What's your point?

Your milk just like your high processed junk food sucks, but yet is heavily advertised year after year. Got milk?

IML Gear Cream!
So there's some data that links milk and osteoporosis? Nothing should surprise me.

Before keto I was sticking to skim or 2%. During my cheat meal I'll drink any milk I please, but as a teenager I tried to drink a gallon each day. Pity whoever was stocking the refrigerator because I was not paying for any of it. Those old school bodybuilding articles would tout squats and a gallon of milk per day and I took it as gospel.

Protein, calories, healthy fat? Why not? Plus my cousin owned a dairy farm just up the road from where I lived from birth to about age eight. Milk was the beverage of choice in my household.

Your milk just like your high processed junk food sucks, but yet is heavily advertised year after year. Got milk?

So you are saying there is a causal relationship between drinking milk and the onset of osteoporosis? You aren't really offering a point. Besides, I wasn't asking you, but you it seems like you are asserting the above.

So, are you?

Milk isn't magic, no food in isolation is magic. It takes a balance of nutrition and a good dose of various physical stimuli to keep the body in good health. You can drink milk and get osteoporosis, but that doesn't mean one causes the other.

You can't just deduct a conclusion like you have from a statistic, especially since it is extremely general and non-direct. Maybe there is more to your deduction, but you haven't hinted towards it.

There are so many factors that contribute to the health of the body. Many are large factors and many are small, and there are some that are known and many that are not. Be aware of that before you think you have it figured out.

Last edited:
So you are saying there is a causal relationship between drinking milk and the onset of osteoporosis? You aren't really offering a point. Besides, I wasn't asking you, but you it seems like you are asserting the above.

So, are you?

"Google" seems to be:

milk and osteoporosis - Google Search

:hmmm:
:(

Another study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2000) looked at all aspects of diet and bone health and found that high consumption of fruits and vegetables positively affected bone health and that dairy consumption did not. Such findings do not surprise nutritional researchers: The calcium absorption rate from milk is approximately 30 percent, while figures for broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mustard greens, turnip greens, kale, and some other green leafy vegetables range from 40 percent to 64 percent.

After reviewing studies on the link between protein intake and urinary calcium loss, dairy industry researcher Dr. Robert P. Heaney found that as consumption of protein increases, so does the amount of calcium lost in the urine (Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 1993): "This effect has been documented in several different study designs for more than 70 years," he writes, adding, "The net effect is such that, if protein intake is doubled without changing intake of other nutrients, urinary calcium content increases by about 50 percent."

Researchers from the University of Sydney and Westmead Hospital discovered that consumption of dairy foods, especially early in life, is associated with increased risk of hip fractures in old age (American Journal of Epidemiology, 1994).

From http://www.milksucks.com/osteo.asp

I am totally screwed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link CJ, it offers some interesting perspective.

So, are you?

Milk isn't magic, no food in isolation is magic. It takes a balance of nutrition and a good dose of various physical stimuli to keep the body in good health. You can drink milk and get osteoporosis, but that doesn't mean one causes the other.

You can't just deduct a conclusion like you have from a statistic, especially since it is extremely general and non-direct. Maybe there is more to your deduction, but you haven't hinted towards it.

There are so many factors that contribute to the health of the body. Many are large factors and many are small, and there are some that are known and many that are not. Be aware of that before you think you have it figured out.

I dint mean it to come out that way, Please take no offense by my post. Anyways Fufu after 4 bone fractures (2 finger and both ankles) and years of high milk consumption to come across a article similar to what Curt James has posted has to be pretty upsetting.

Here is one from MilkSucks.com: Got Osteoporosis?

In one study, funded by the National Dairy Council, a group of postmenopausal women were given three 8-ounce glasses of skim milk every day for two years, and their bones were compared to those of a control group of women not given the milk. The dairy group consumed 1,400 mg of calcium per day and lost bone at twice the rate of the control group. According to the researchers, "this may have been due to the average 30 percent increase in protein intake during milk supplementation. ... The adverse effect of increases in protein intake on calcium balance has been reported from several laboratories, including our own" (they then cite 10 other studies). Says McDougall, "Needless to say, this finding did not reach the six o'clock news." This is one study that the dairy industry won't be repeating any time soon.

Got milk?

I use to love those commercials when I was a kid, they were so humorous and entertaining . All this celebrities with their milk mustache all over magazines and tv.

So, are you?

I din't say milk CAUSES osteo..., but mearly that milk does NO GOOD in preventing it! The calcium is simply not that absorbable!!! Many scientific works can be sited on this topic...use a seach engine!! Ther are better sources of calcium!!!

I din't say milk CAUSES osteo..., but mearly that milk does NO GOOD in preventing it! The calcium is simply not that absorbable!!! Many scientific works can be sited on this topic...use a seach engine!! Ther are better sources of calcium!!!

I wasn't reacting to you, I was to the person I quoted. I never laid claim that anyone stated a causal relationship between the two.

You posted a statistic about milk and osteoporosis in a thread not yet touched by that subject. You made an open ended post with no opinion, which is fine. But, I wondered if you had a point of your own to offer, that is why I asked.

I am not disagreeing with you.

Last edited:
I dint mean it to come out that way, Please take no offense by my post. Anyways Fufu after 4 bone fractures (2 finger and both ankles) and years of high milk consumption to come across a article similar to what Curt James has posted has to be pretty upsetting.

Were those from basketball?

I understand you mean. Yeah, the "got milk" ads are dumb. It is all a marketing ploy, most things are. Many nutritional and marketing schemes are based off half baked research, or marketers finger pick what research supports them and ignore what doesn't.

It usually all comes down to the money, and however much people can get.

Back