• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Road to Marine Boot Camp 2. (Insanity Beachbody)

ceazur

Placebo Abuser
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Starting a fresh journal to keep up with how well this Insanity Beachbody Routine plays out. For those of you who don't know what it is -
INSANITY® - Fitness, Nutrition, Diet, Weight Loss Official Web site

My diet will remain around 2000 calories per day, 200+ grams of protein, Minimum fat and carbs, separated into around 5 -7 meals depending on how busy I am.
Carbs will be from sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and 100% whole wheat bread. Fats will be from eggs, turkey sausage, and some lean hamburger patties.
Protein will come from whey, tuna, chicken, beef, eggs, and turkey sausage.
I will be running 3+ Miles every morning at 5 a.m.
I will do the Insanity Beachbody Routine around 11 a.m.
I will lift weights in a 3 day split at 4 p.m.
My supplements are fish oils, multivitamin, potassium, whey, and I will start CLA when it comes in.

Here's my before pictures.
24g0jtx.jpg

2ex598x.jpg

ab2t1s.jpg

29bc4g5.jpg

264ry8w.jpg

11cbm04.jpg

My stats are 6'3''+, 185lbs.
9:22 in a mile and a half run.
12 Chin up max,
120 Crunches in 2 minutes,
Not sure about my 40 yd dash time ,but I will be getting that.
P.S.- I'm a BEAST
I will update this regularly ,and let you peeps know how it goes. You can give some advice on what to change up and move around if you'd like. Constructive criticism is my SHET! :thumb::thumb:

My problem areas are my hips and naval region. For those of you who don't know. I am NOT trying to gain mass. I am trying to simply lose ALL the body fat that I can while maintaining strength and gaining some if possible. I am trying to build endurance and stamina. Tiredness is going to be eliminated as much as possible.

Are those pictures current? It says 2008. You need to work on those chins. I don't know how it is for you enlisted guys but for OCS the pullup count has to be 20 to get 100pts for pft.

Calories also seem a little low for your weight and the amount of activity you're doing. Yeah you want to lose some bf but you want to conserve that lean as well. Just saying you may want to be closer to 25-2800 calories.

When do you ship off to Parris?

Are those pictures current? It says 2008. You need to work on those chins. I don't know how it is for you enlisted guys but for OCS the pullup count has to be 20 to get 100pts for pft.

Calories also seem a little low for your weight and the amount of activity you're doing. Yeah you want to lose some bf but you want to conserve that lean as well. Just saying you may want to be closer to 25-2800 calories.

When do you ship off to Parris?

Ahh good response bro. Yeah digital cameras are gay. Those are from about 30 Minutes before post tho. And yeah I am definitely going in with the full 20 at least. You have any certain way you go about hitting your pull ups? Like certain days and sets, or do you just do them on bicep day?
Yeah they are a little low ,but I usually eat like 2300 a day because I dont remember the snacking, splenda (5 calories per serving), etc etc.. shit like that. And my set ship date is September 20, 2010. I was going to get a May date cause a girl got over weight and she was discharged ,but they gave it to a 90 day reservist.. So as of now and until further notice it'll be the Sep date.. No worries tho cause I will be here for mine and my gf's 21st birthdays and get to spend Christmas and New Years here. Also, although I don't care about the weather or it being harder, It isn't a complete tragedy that I will be at recruit training during the fall months. :wacko:

You are going to need more calories. You have quite an active day and you are most likely going to be in a deficit.

The infamous mile and a half. Decent times. Brings me back to track in high school where i ran the 2 mile in 9:50.

Well I guess being in the delta you know all about September in the south. F*cking humidity's a bitch.

As for pullups, they're my opener on back days. What I did to get good at them was this 100 day challenge a friend started.

Day 1, 1 pullup. Day 2, 2 pullups. If you miss a day, you add the pullups to missed to 'today's' pullups. So if it's day 5 and you missed day 4, that's 9 pullups. They don't have to be done at the same time, just over the course of the day. Work your way up to day 100. I stopped around day 80 because I missed a day and there was no way I'd get 160+ in one day. A body needs to recover.

That was a good spring board for me when I could only do sets of 3-4 pullups at a time. Now I just do pullups one day a week.

Weighted pullups are another great way to increase your pullup count. Start with a 10lb or a 25lb and just crank em out. 2-3 sets, then 1-2 sets bodyweight afterwards.

This was my back workout yesterday:

Pullups: 20, 15, 5+45lb, 5+45lb, 2+75lb, 2+75lb, 6+45lb, 5+45lb, 10+25lb, 8+25lb, 10
Total: 88 pullups

Seated Cable Rows: 100x10, 120x10, 140x10, 160x8, 160x7, 100x10

DB Rows: 40x10, 60x10, 70x8
Now, I know that we can do either chinups or pullups, but I prefer doing pullups (wide grip) because they're working my lats more than my biceps which is why I like them on back day. It's just like getting that run time down, which you already seem to have covered. Your tracking about 19-20 for the 3 mile right? The only way to do it is to keep working at it.

silentbob's been doing this shit for a long time man, his advice is the one to take.

Good luck mate!

You are going to need more calories. You have quite an active day and you are most likely going to be in a deficit.

The infamous mile and a half. Decent times. Brings me back to track in high school where i ran the 2 mile in 9:50.

9:50 is elite bro.. My goal before boot is 5 minute miles.

Well I guess being in the delta you know all about September in the south. F*cking humidity's a bitch.

As for pullups, they're my opener on back days. What I did to get good at them was this 100 day challenge a friend started.

Day 1, 1 pullup. Day 2, 2 pullups. If you miss a day, you add the pullups to missed to 'today's' pullups. So if it's day 5 and you missed day 4, that's 9 pullups. They don't have to be done at the same time, just over the course of the day. Work your way up to day 100. I stopped around day 80 because I missed a day and there was no way I'd get 160+ in one day. A body needs to recover.

That was a good spring board for me when I could only do sets of 3-4 pullups at a time. Now I just do pullups one day a week.

Weighted pullups are another great way to increase your pullup count. Start with a 10lb or a 25lb and just crank em out. 2-3 sets, then 1-2 sets bodyweight afterwards.

This was my back workout yesterday:

Now, I know that we can do either chinups or pullups, but I prefer doing pullups (wide grip) because they're working my lats more than my biceps which is why I like them on back day. It's just like getting that run time down, which you already seem to have covered. Your tracking about 19-20 for the 3 mile right? The only way to do it is to keep working at it.

Dude, Fk pull-ups. I do Chins. MUCH easier since I have already starting trying to build them up. I only get like 4 - 5 pull ups. Yeah laugh, i suck at them. But either or thats alot to fucking do. YOur back is my idol ffs. I was increasing in pull ups pretty steadily doing 3 sets a day or so in my door way. But then ppl said I was over working so i stopped. I think i should have kept going. BUt your the doctor so I will try weighted chins and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice. And hellz yesh I know about the humid summers. My dad is a fish farmer ,and I have light skin since I am red headed. So i know all about sun burn and heat.

IML Gear Cream!
Far from elite. I was running against guys that smoked me. When i clicked sub 430 miles they were toying with 410 miles.

Check out this bad ass kid that is from local(20 miles away).
Keep in mind this was highschool and no one to pace him
YouTube - German Fernandez 3200m National Record

The kids a beast.. I mean dam that's awesome. If I stick with running the way I do right now then I will be that good.

Dude, Fk pull-ups. I do Chins. MUCH easier since I have already starting trying to build them up. I only get like 4 - 5 pull ups. Yeah laugh, i suck at them. But either or thats alot to fucking do.

It helps me two fold, pre-exhausts the muscle group before the lift AND it helps me with that core component of our PFT. Since you're already doing chins, stick with them. If anything maybe alternate your grip (regular, supine, neutral) to hit your bis (as well as your back) at some different angles. It will make testing that much easier when all of the muscles in your arms, shoulders, and upper back are used to the movement.

I was increasing in pull ups pretty steadily doing 3 sets a day or so in my door way. But then ppl said I was over working so i stopped. I think i should have kept going.
Play a game with yourself, every time you walk under that bar, do a set of 3-5. Then when it's actually chinup day, see if you can get more reps per set.

I will try weighted chins and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.
They're the bees knees man. And it's just like going high weight/low rep with any other lift. Your strength will go up really fast with those shorter sets (2-3 to start probably,) in the same way that powerlifters increase their strength by doing max reps in the 5-8 range instead of the 8-15 range that a lot of people do. That 10 count is just one of those numbers that everyone likes.

And hellz yesh I know about the humid summers. My dad is a fish farmer ,and I have light skin since I am red headed. So i know all about sun burn and heat.
F*ckin A man. It's going down to damn near freezing tonight and it's going to be 90 over the weekend. Summer comes early this year.

^^ solid advice. You da shet bro.

I was browsing some other forums just trying to re-up on knowledge, seeing what others are talking about etc etc... Started looking at threads on Bodybuilding.com, and I swear those fellas are some of the most unmotivating, arrogant, cock sucking douche bags.. I almost made an account to talk shit. Pfft... Every young guy there was ridiculed and treated as a chump. I'm glad I stumbled on ironmag ffs. It's been a great learning experience so far. As for bb.com. They can blow me for real.

lol @ bb.com . . faggots and limp-wristed girls :coffee:

my quads are sore as shit from squats tuesday and then that workout yesterday.

Just ran. Although I ran 3 miles in 21 Minutes which is pretty good for me, It was harder wearing my nike shox rather then my underarmour illusions. I guess these are heavier. They look better so i was going to try and see if it made that big of a difference ,and either it's all in my head or else they do ffs. The illusions are also mesh on top so they're cooler.

Quick question.- Should I take jack3d before my Insanity workout? and then take it before I lift later or only before 1? if only before 1 then which one?

I just finished day 2 of the Insanity Workout. I think of myself as a fit guy ,but it definitely got the best of me. I had to take breaks periodically. Definitely a good workout today. I have Back and Bicep's later today. :lifter:

Just did back and bi's... It was a rough ,but good workout. COuld tell I wasn't quite as strong since I have ran and did the Insanity Routine today. BUt still better then dropping it all together..

your gonna come outta mcrd at 150 pounds skinnyer then uve ever been bro. good start stay motivated and lift hard after mct and youl see huge gains
-dubz

your gonna come outta mcrd at 150 pounds skinnyer then uve ever been bro. good start stay motivated and lift hard after mct and youl see huge gains
-dubz

That's what I am hoping for. I am learning SOO fucking much now. My goal is to get rid of all BF that I have in bs places from when I was younger and chubby. On my first deployment when I don't have to worry about fitting into Uniforms and what not, I am going to BULK.. I mean the world's craziest bulk. But for now I want to be a strong, lean, endurance machine. I don't want to get to boot getting tired after 30 minutes of drills. I WONT. I will be a ELITE MACHINE

Would it be possible for you to post today's diet?

Do you do legs at all? Running doesn't count.

What is this insanity stuff? P90x knock off?

Insanity is far more intense then p90x. I put a link so quit being lazy and look at it for yourself.
Yes I do legs lmao.. Squats, lunges, calf raises, but I do dead lifts with back.

Would it be possible for you to post today's diet?

Diet looks like this:
5am- Oatmeal - 300 cals 12g protein
8am- Eggs, turkey sausage, bread - 450 cals 45g protein
11am- turkey sandwhich, banana, half scoop whey - 325 cals 28g protein
2pm- chicken, sweet potato - 450 cals 45g protein
5pm- Whey shake with skim milk (post workout) - 200 cals 35g protein
8pm- Tuna - 300 cals 66g protein

I keep it simple and convenient. It's easier to stick to it the less cooking it takes and the more filling it is.

I have eaten today:
5 am- oatmeal and coffee - 325 calories
8 am- egg whites, turkey sausage, and wheat bread - 470 calories
10 am- whey protein and skim milk - 225 calories

Ran my 3 miles. I clicked the stop button on stop watch and didnt notice so I didn't get a time.
Just finished Insanity Routine. This program is not some secretly designed shit that is new to the world. It is back to back high intensity core workouts. The video and media display is only motivation to the weak minded. Yeah it gives me some structure and provides a good schedule ,but I could have made this myself. For those who have considered buying I would say yeah it's worth it. It gives you something to look forward to since they have planned out all the kinks. The program has no other purpose ,but to build endurance and burn calories ,so it is exactly what I wanted. For those wanting to lose weight I say start running and doing HIIT before you start this because it is no walk in the park by no means.

12pm- 2 chicken breast and sweet potato
(had a banana around 1030 also.)
Sweet potatoes are the shit man. I look forward to it all day.

I was so sore doing insanity today it was ridiculous. Dead lifts killed me yesterday..

230pm- banana (was holding off until I went to store to eat) - 70calories
515pm- atkins protein bar lmao from grocery store, tuna/turkey sandwhich on wheat, spoon full of pnut butter. - 650 calories give or take lmao.. It didnt mean to eat that much but o well.
Added up, and rounded up it shouldn't be any more then 2350 Calories. About to go watch Nightmare on Elm. I'll write a short review on it later.

Also, made some protein bars, 8 scoops whey, 2 cups skim milk, 1 package of sugar/fat free pudding, 3 cups oats, glob of peanut butter. Awesome. You mix them up and then spread into non stick pan and put in fridge over night, cut into 8 bars and its like 250 calories.

Last edited:
Insanity is far more intense then p90x. I put a link so quit being lazy and look at it for yourself.
Yes I do legs lmao.. Squats, lunges, calf raises, but I do dead lifts with back.

You squat when you shit or what? What are you workouts. Just saying a squat doesn't give much info.

Getting butt hurt on the internet won't get you far in a man's(or woman's) world you are about to get into. You talk tough then you chat about a workout on DVD.

Before there was Insanity, there was p90x. Before p90x there was the greatest workout ever put on tape, behold the original no weights, no need for a gym workout, YouTube - Sweatin' to the Oldies

You squat when you shit or what? What are you workouts. Just saying a squat doesn't give much info.

Getting butt hurt on the internet won't get you far in a man's(or woman's) world you are about to get into. You talk tough then you chat about a workout on DVD.

Before there was Insanity, there was p90x. Before p90x there was the greatest workout ever put on tape, behold the original no weights, no need for a gym workout, YouTube - Sweatin' to the Oldies

Okay my first comment would have started an e-fight. I do squats, dead lifts, lunges, and calf raises. Talk tough? lmao dude you have no fucking clue what I am so don't ridicule me. You seem to have attitude towards me for some reason and I dont really care to hear it. So unless you have some motivational or constructive criticism, please hold your tongue.

Last edited:
Back