• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

New Member: Bonobo

bonobo

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi. Glad to be here and I hope I learn some things.

I am a recently retired Marine now working in Thailand. I am 52 years old and one of those "Wow, you look great for 52" guys. Problem is, I want to just "look great" without the age caveat. I may be tilting at windmills, but I have to at least have a goal.

I was an accomplished athlete in a number of sports (several national and military championships and one US team), but I only lifted for specific training for those sports. It wasn't until I got to Iraq in 2006 where running and outdoor exercise was banned as dangerous that I started lifting as my form of exercise. Initially, I had no intentions of building my body, but I liked the results and received very positive feedback from others.

My problem is that I was hurt in Iraq and lost part of my shoulder, so most over-the-shoulder exercises are out. And now, I have biceps tendon inflammation and have not done curls/rows for two months.

That limits my routine. For my chest, I alternate on different work-out days dumbbell flys/bench triplets (well, used to be triplets with a row immediately after the fly, then bench, but now I guess it is a twin?) with a progression of dumbbell bench presses of 10 sets of 10 reps with 60 seconds break, then separately go to the flys. The rest of my exercises are trunk, legs, and cardio.

My chest is fairly large as are my triceps. My biceps were never that large even when I was working them. My definition is not nearly as good as I would like.

I will be blunt--I lift for two reasons. 50% is how it makes me feel and the strength it gives me. But the second reason is for the ladies. As I get older, I can't change my face. But by having a fit body, I can alleviate some of the age factor, and I like the way women receive me now and touch my chest and arms whenever they have an excuse to do so.

I don't plan on getting in Mr. Universe-shape, but I certainly would like a more balanced look and much more definition. And now with my shoulder (which is permanent) and my biceps (which I hope are temporary) I am struggling to get in a good routine which will keep me going and get the results I want.

I hope that by lurking on this site and asking the occasional question, I can glean enough knowledge to help me achieve my goals.

Back