PDA

View Full Version : Sore/Bloated stomach after eating. Possibly an ulcer??

zootroid
05-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Hello, about one year ago I injured myself eating. Food was entering faster than it was leaving I suspect, top that off with having some very poor food choices each week.

I find that I can barely get in 4 meals per day, which are more like half meals to be honest. I'm only taking in around 1200 calories per day. Pretty much always feeling bloated after each time I eat. I can eat only once per every 3 1/2 - 4 hours at best.. Even a bowl of salad is enough to make me bloated :(

I weigh between 135 and 140 at 6'2", so I pretty much need to be able to double what I'm eating to be able to start to grow again.

I can feel pain within 20 minutes of consuming some food. I feel this in my upper midsection. But I can also feel pain sometimes throughout different areas of my midsection, like my sides. Pain is like pinching. Sometimes I can feel a slight itchy feeling in my midsection, which is inside me. Not itchy on my skin.

I did go for several different tests, I don't believe they actually tested me for ulcer's, which I suspect is the case here. Although my family doctor prescribed me some medication to reduce my stomach acid. I didn't take these as I was on a lot of medication at the time. One of the meds would've had increase effects with reduced stomach acid. (Im sure they all would, but the one I was worried about)

Anyways, I was tested for celiac disease. I had a chest x-ray as well as an ultrasound. Everything came back good.

To add to all of this, I'm definitly not constipated. I drop everytime I eat a meal. Generally a few bites in and I gotta go.

I'm going to start having probiotic yogurt and cottage cheese each day to see if this can help me.

Are there any other foods that would be good to incorporate so I can fix this? I read cabbage is good to repair the lining, however, I don't know if I can force myself to eat it! :P

Any help is greatly appreciated:)

Zaphod
05-31-2010, 05:11 AM
Endoscopy. Maybe time to get the gullet scoped and see if there is something visible going on. It also depends on what you are eating.

zootroid
05-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I was offered that but turned it down. Tho I can definitely still go for one if I choose to. I find that anything fast food (McDonalds/Wendy's) causes me pain.

Thing's I'm currently able to eat, which causes me the least amount of discomfort are: Oatmeal w/ milk, whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, peanuts, almonds, cottage cheese, yogurt, raisins. As long as I'm not over eating, I find I don't usually experience any pain or anything.

I find that banana's can cause me quite a bit of pain. They can make it feel like I have rug burn inside me. lol

Only thing I can really think of doing is just cutting out fast food entirely and see if I can follow a diet of foods which don't cause me pain/discomfort for awhile.

Built
05-31-2010, 10:19 AM
You really need to work with your doctor on this, zootroid.