• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Duel of the diets

Duncan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well, I was looking at w8's bumped article and thought of a great idea. How about we get a few individuals of similar size and get them to cut down using a few different diets, keeping caloric intake equivalent and only tweaking with macronutrient ratios. Hell, we don't even have to have them of similar size, we could do it all based on % of body weight or lean mass. Any takers?

Good idea...I volunteer for the high protein, moderate fat, low carb, sugar-free type diet, lol :D

We'll need people who can actually get MORE ripped, w8 .. :D

I volunteer: High protein, moderate fat, low carb (no ketosis though). Gonna be hell on my mountainbiking performance though ..

If i had the stamina, will power and no degree course to be clear headed and alert for, i'd volunteer for the McDonald's and table sugar diet.

Of course i'd have to have a blatant disreguard for my health, but c'est la vie...

Of course i'd just like to mention that different people with different genetics and different degrees of insulin resistance would achieve different results with different diets and so renders the experiement void.

However, one person experiementing with the different diets would prove to be a more worthy study case.

Care to volunteer Dunc?

This proposal would take entirely too long TCD and the results would only be valid to me for the same genetic reasons you stated.

I think we should go with the original proposal. ;)

Actually, after finishing with NHE (in a few weeks or so) i'm gonna do a gradual gain phase going for 0.5lb gain a week so i can stay in calorie surplus for longer. For my next diet down i was gonna experiement with moderate carbs, moderate protein, moderate fat with weekly refeeds to see how goes it.

What i've found weird, is that at the end of my last cutting cycle (using carb rotation) i was 183. I'm 200lbs now and prolly leaner than i was at the end of that diet. After coming off carb rotation i added about 7-10 lbs of glycogen/water weight. I'm quite depelted at my current 200lb weight. I was depelted at 183. This leads me to believe i gained about 15lbs of muscle from merely a 15 week bulk of high fat with periodical carbs post workout. Gained a lot of fa too, though, cause my cals were unnecessarily high for my bodyweight and i upped them way to fast.

This is leading me to believe that i'm retaining muslce quite nicely on NHE so i'm not totally decided just yet whether i want to change something that seems to be working fine.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
I was depelted at 183. This leads me to believe i gained about 15lbs of muscle from merely a 15 week bulk of high fat with periodical carbs post workout.

LMAO ! :D

(yes, it can happen)

DP

Yeah, not to mention the previous dieting strategy of carb rotation lasted 32 weeks. I wouldn't be suprised if i gained about 3-5lbs of muscle within the first two weeks from a time-lag anabolic response or something.

I'm going 40/30/30 for the up coming gain, so i imagine i'll put on a few lbs from glycogen/water repletion in the first two weeks and maybe go up to 205 or so, but after that i'm going easy for 0.5lbs a week.

I was being facetious :lol:

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

For a woman, especially an experienced one, to gain 4lbs and drop 7 within 10 weeks is quite unbelievable. So much so, that i don't.

I'm not saying there wasn't a change in body composition cause i'm sure there was, but i reckon there's discrepancies (sp?) between bf testing and water/glycogen weight fluctuations giving mis-readings.

And saying, YES, it's possible! :D

DP

IML Gear Cream!
I'll volunteer for a CKD...

This will never happen....or work....or have reliable results that could be extrapolated into useful information....or.....

Originally posted by Twin Peak
This will never happen....or work....or have reliable results that could be extrapolated into useful information....or.....

I agree, but damnit i need a kick in the ass, my dieting has sucked lately
:mad: :yell:

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
I was being facetious :lol:

And saying, YES, it's possible! :D

DP

Umm...did you miss the point i made that i was bulking when i gained that?

Not to mention that i wouldn't class myself as an 'experienced lifter' just yet.

That's why I had the leg challenge, which seems to be falling appart! But that was just for motivational purposes this is supposed to teach us something....

Actually, a little bit of both motivation and learning, in my opinion.

If you follow science to the absolute T, you cannot extrapolate the results to anyone other than the participants of the study. That is why TCDs idea would be no more worthy than mine, seeing how I would be the only participant. I feel that if we were to figure out BMR thru FFM, we could all keep cal intake below maintenance at the same percentage and only change macro profile. Assuming we have no diabetics in the sample, I do not think insulin resistance will play that large of a role, the average person SHOULD lose weight regardless of macronutrient profile. Now, what % is fat and which is muscle would be decided thru the diet, genetics, or both. For the most part we all know whether we are hardgainers or have trouble cutting up. I think we all go by anectdotal results quite often in this field/area. I remember taking creatine before there was any research on it because someone told me it gave them an incredible pump/strength gains and boy did they turn out to be right.

1) You'll never get enough participants.

2) If you do they won't last the entire time.

3) If they do they won't follow it to a tee.

4) If they do it will still be relatively useless for extrapolation purposes since even in normal healthy individuals, people react differently to different diets.

5) Probably the most important factor in retaining LMB is workout intesity, duration, etc. We all know we all vary greatly in that relm. You'd have to control that as well. And even if you did our bodies respond differently to different training methodologies so that wouldn't help either.

Now if you are doing this purely for fun and inspiration and you get 1-3, I'll watch with interest.

Or if you get 5 competing diets and 100 persons per diet and control the diets to the calorie as well as their supplimentaion and their training then you might come up with some relatively useful information for which diet works better for more people.

Back