• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ewing

Will you remember him?

• I will

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I won't

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Hall of famer!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
D

david

IML Gear Cream!
Ewing retires after 17 seasons
Patrick Ewing was one of the NBA's 50 greatest players, but he didn't have one of the NBA's 50 best pairs of knees. The 40-year-old center retired Tuesday after a 17-year career. Ewing missed 17 games last season with Orlando and averaged 14 minutes per game, dragging his career rebounding average under 10 per game. Ewing said he has been hired as an assistant coach with Washington, meaning he will unite with the player who often denied him his shot at an NBA title: Michael Jordan.

That's cool! Coaching on a team Jordan is involved with.

I liked Patrick Ewing personally! But never when his Knicks attempted to dethrone the Celtics in the 80's! But as we all know, it was the 76'ers and Detroit that was a thorn in the Celtics. Detroit were THE BAD BOYS!

He may not have won a championship, but there's no doubt he's a hall of famer. I've never been a Patrick Ewing fan, but I do think he was an awesome player.

I loved the battles Ewing had with Reggie Miller (not Smits!), Olajuwon, Shaq and all of NJ!

As for Chicago, Mike was da' man!

Definitely one of the best centers of all time. He was the only reason the Knicks made the playoffs some years...

great player with awesome skills, but was much too selfish and never wanted to play team ball. thought everything should run through him. after he left we could clearly see why van gundy was far behind.

had many great years and carried an average team, but wasn't a player that could carry them to the next level. choked many a times down the stretch cause he always thought he was the man.

i personally am a Knicks fan! even though the team hasn't been any good the last two years you don't seem many NYorkers missing him!

I used to cringe when Ewing would take the last shot in the game. I guess he felt it incumbent upon himself to be da man... and time after time he wasn't up to the task. He may be Hall Of Fame material but not on the first ballot. He was so badly outplayed by Akeem during the Houston/Knick final a few years back. His limitations as a player really showed themselves. I thought the Knicks were a better team with a healthy Cambry in the middle running the floor. I'm not sure Ewing was the smartest player either to lace em up (smart in the basketball court sense of seeing/knowing the game). My NY buddies tell me he never really bonded with the crowd in the garden the way great players on the Knicks before him did (like Willis Reed, Debauscher, and Clyde)

he will be on first ballot without a doubt he killed it with knicks wouldve been to more championships if not for jordan. knicks didnt surround him with good enough offensive weapons till he was too old ne way. he was the frosted flakes at georgetown too...1

JOHNYORK said:
he will be on first ballot without a doubt he killed it with knicks wouldve been to more championships if not for jordan. knicks didnt surround him with good enough offensive weapons till he was too old ne way. he was the frosted flakes at georgetown too...1

Why are you bringing up a 4 year old thread?

Back