• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Am I supposed to feel pain here?

SVB99

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, I was doing a few sets of close grip upright rows and as I'm pulling up, I feel this really uncomfortable pain in the side of my wrist. Your gonna have to excuse my lack of a better description for this part but I'm gonna try anyway. It's basically on the outside of my forearm and closer to the wrist. It's on the outside but between those two sections. I hope you guys know what I mean. Anyway, I get this popping sensation each time I do the exercise and it's quite painful. Any ideas as to what it is?
Sam

Not supprised, have to be carefull with close grip. I keep a sort of loose grip on these to allow it to move a little so I dont hurt my wimpy old wrists. Or you can just go a bit wider and that will help.

Originally posted by SVB99
Hey guys, I was doing a few sets of close grip upright rows and as I'm pulling up, I feel this really uncomfortable pain in the side of my wrist. Your gonna have to excuse my lack of a better description for this part but I'm gonna try anyway. It's basically on the outside of my forearm and closer to the wrist. It's on the outside but between those two sections. I hope you guys know what I mean. Anyway, I get this popping sensation each time I do the exercise and it's quite painful. Any ideas as to what it is?
Sam

Try using an EZ curl barbell. Makes all the difference, considering upright rows are an awkward and uncomfortable exercise.

Side note - A trainer at my gym told me that I was bringing the bar too high today. Apparently, it was recently discovered/published that if you hold your delts back while pulling up, your arms will stop right around the nipples, and that is better for builing the traps. Dunno the validity of this, but I did find noticable difference in feeling in my traps.

Some times after doing heavy bench I would add close grips but widen it slightly more than the usual!

does it feel like someone is sticking a knife into your wrist? best bet is that the tendon could be pulling away from the muscle. i would rest it for a week or two and then see how it feels

Originally posted by SVB99
Sam

This is a common problem with CG upright rows. This exercise puts alot of strain on the wrist joint and its attachments. My suggestion is to either try widening the grip, trying an ez bar as suggested, or best yet, use dumbells which will allow you to create your own plane to work through. With dumbells you can angle your wrists so they are "even" with your forearms, thereby relieving the strain.

what yanks and pro said... :thumb:

also try taking long time stretching... i used to stretch for a full hour a day..... half hour can do you alot of good...
ive been a big fan of dumbell rows lately

what would life be without dumbells ?... i wouldnt want to know

Also, start out CG upright rows light. I know this sounds obvious but actually start very light and SLOWLY biuld up the weight over time. They feel much more comfortable when using lighter weight. Over time you can lift heavier with great benefit (at least I've found that) while still feeling comfortable.

Back