• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Protein Advice Please...

walken1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What's up guys?.......I've been working out for.....let's just say a long time now, and I think it's time to reevaluate my diet. I've never had any problem before with my protein intake but lately I've started to bog down. I've always subscribed to a high carb, low fat diet where I take in about 70 grams of protein (usually whey and egg sources) per day. I know, that sounds insanely low, but it's always worked in the past. Every year, I got a little bigger and a little stronger. I work out hard with weights 3-4 times per week with alot of cardio type stuff mixed in. I'm 38 years old now and weigh around 170 ( I weighed 142 before I picked up a barbell), and I'm really ripped right now. I mean I can see every vein in on my six pack and I'm starving myself by any stretch of the imagination. I've been competing in some cardio stuff recently and my strength, not my size, is really starting to suck. I want to know how much protein I should take in from the guys who know best. I work to damn hard not to see any results. Protein gurus, please help!

My supplements: creatine, glutamine, hmb

I have seen your pictures and it's hard to believe the musculature achieved and maintained on 70 grams of protein....about enough for my "right leg!" :D

The common sense approach here rather than us quoting grams per pound of LBM or BW is for you to add Protein gradually until you notice or achieve the desired results ::D

DP

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
I have seen your pictures and it's hard to believe the musculature achieved and maintained on 70 grams of protein....

DP

:eek: that's what I was thinking!

Hey walken,

Just wondering how much carbs and fats were you taking in exactly? And how tall are you?

Yes, you have achieved great results :thumb: and esp at age 38!

Walken, not 70+ in protein supplements plus regular food? That is a SINGLE meal for me! I guess thats why I'm not ripped to the bone like yourself ;)

Thanks for the responses.....yes, I meant around 70g protein from supplements only. I don't eat meat and I don't count protein from trivial plant sources. To anwer Lina's question, I'm 5'9". My fat intake is extremely low and I don't add up my carbs. My carb intake fluctuates with my workout intensity and volume.....my body just sort of tells me what I need and I eat till I'm satisfied. At my physical last week, the doc told me my cholesterol was really low (142). This can be a bad thing as it screws with important hormones like test and endorphens.

Throw a couple eggs into the diet maybe?

Back