PDA

View Full Version : Ephedrine question?!?!?

KataMaStEr
09-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Hello guys and gals I need your comments please. I am seriously thinking about taking ephedrine. Right now I work out in the early morning at school, and I’m half awake at that time and I feel like I’m not giving my 110% out. It’s football season so I’m just trying to maintain my gains from the summer vacations. The only part I actually train hard is my legs other than that it’s all maintaining.

What product or brand have you felt the best effects from?

Have you had any side affect?

iSlaNdEr bOy
09-20-2002, 09:11 PM
I currently take cytodyne's xenadrine. Its been working great for me. It gives me a great boost of energy and also helps me loose weight. Just make sure you follow the directions. :thumb:

Fade
09-21-2002, 08:45 PM
It's hard to find a good ephedrine. I used to take the mini thins but now only herbal stuff is available.

Sci Fit has a good herbal ephedrine sup. Kaizen has one too but it's milder.

mrguy
09-22-2002, 12:02 AM
You can still get real ephedrine in certain states. Here is a site that has it http://d-n-e.com/ephedrine.html. I believe they have the equivalant of mini thins. I can't get straight ephedrine in Arizona because all the meth heads have ruined for normal people.
If you use them, make sure to call and ask if your state is on the do not ship list.
If it is you can get ephedrine mixed with Gufa something or another.

Trap-isaurus
09-22-2002, 12:34 AM
ephedrine is still legal up in Canada as well, Ive taken the hydroxycut with ephedrine and xenadrine, I found the xenadrine to work extremely well, although the first few times I took it i was buzzing like 2 pots of coffe buzzin, the feeling faded after a few days.

Mudge
09-22-2002, 03:37 AM
I guess I need to find out if I can get it in CA, Ephedra does NOTHING for me after the first use, and even then its minute.

KataMaStEr
09-22-2002, 08:57 AM
I was thinking of this product. What do yall think, I have heard few people reviews on it and they say it’s pretty powerfull shiat.

Rage from Universal Nutrition

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 47g (3 scoops)
Servings Per Container 10.5
Amount Per Serving &DV
Calories: 170
Calories from Fat: 9
Total Fat: 1g <2%
Saturated Fat: 1g 5%
Cholesterol: 24mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates: 25g 8%
Sugar: 15g *
Protein: 15g 30%
Vitamin C: 60mg 100%
Calcium: 60mg 6%
Phosphorus: 60mg 6%
Magnesium: 10mg 3%
Sodium: 39mg <1%
Potassium: 118mg 3%
Rage Mix: 1010mg *
Guarana (seed, 22% caffeine)
Ma-Huang (aerial parts, 6% ephedra alkaloids)
Eleuthero (root, siberian ginseng extract)
Bitter Orange (rind, 4% synephrine)
Green Tea Extract (leaves)
Sida Cordifolia (whole herbs, 1% ephedra alkaloids)
*Daily Value Not Established.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Other ingredients: Ultra- and microfiltered whey protein concentrate, dextrose, maltodextrin, citric acid, malic acid, natural and artificial flavors, aspartame, artificial color, citrus bioflavonoids, and lecithin.
Each 47g serving contains:
• 16.75mg of ephedra alkaloids
• 4mg of synephrine
• 100mg of caffeine

Prince
09-22-2002, 09:04 AM
Twinlab's Ripped Fuel is probably the most powerful one I have ever used.

Mudge
09-22-2002, 01:06 PM
Thats the one I have, doesn't do diddly for me :mad:

I have not tried more than 1.5x regular dose of that product though (3 horsepills).

KataMaStEr
09-22-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Mudge

I have not tried more than 1.5x regular dose of that product though (3 horsepills).

Horsepills? It comes in powder form, or that’s what it says!

wich one are you talking about the one Prince mentioned or Rage

Prince
09-22-2002, 04:44 PM

not all supplements affect people the same way.

Robboe
09-23-2002, 06:56 AM
I guess I need to find out if I can get it in CA, Ephedra does NOTHING for me after the first use, and even then its minute.

Did you ever get round to trying the stack i told you to make?

(I've forgotten just exactly what i told you to take though lol).

Mudge
09-23-2002, 07:15 AM
They are most definately in gel tab form, there is a newer Ripped Fuel "Extreme" or something like that.

I used to use Ultimate Orange and that DID give me a kick, maybe it was so long ago it had ephedrine not ephedra? I really don't know, the Ephedra products though have been dissapointing unfortunately.

Oh, TCD, I think basically you wanted me to make my own stack, no I haven't tried it yet, just been making due. I'll look up the post again sometime, I know alot of other people do it as well.

lilman
09-26-2002, 06:36 PM
yea keep using ephidrin adn when u have a seizer or stroke or heart attack in 3 weeks you'll no its time to stop theres been a lot of reports of sudden seizures heart attacks and stokes with the use of ephidrine i used to use it and noticed all the things they worn u about hapening feelin wired periods of rapid heart beat stuff like that and s5oped using it frequently

Mudge
09-26-2002, 06:51 PM
For every 5 studies linking ephedrine to heart issues, there are about 20 that say there is no proof.

Pitboss
09-28-2002, 04:02 PM
I used to love Extreme ripped fuel.. right before a workout. But I have found over the years that Hydroxy cut does it for me even better and longer durations. I also would say noticeable results from it. One of only two products that I will promote from Mucletech.

Mudge
10-02-2002, 12:20 PM
Let me try to make some points.

1. Ephedra and ephedrine are not the same thing. Ephedra is just a name for a mixture of ephedrine like compounds that may or may not even contain 1 molecule of ephedrine. Even if a product says it's "standardized", you should check what it's standardized to. For example, St. John's Wort is almost always standardized to hypericin while hyperforin is the actual compund that is alleged to affect depression/mood (although neither has been shown to work).
Thus, ephedra DOES NOT do anything. You have to find someone who has real ephedrine. In my state as well as many others, however, ephedrine (although not ephedra) is a C-IV )like Valium and Xanax) making it difficult to come across. But ephedrine has shown for so many years to be effective in short term weight loss (although few compounds have shown efficacy for over a year despite cycling).

2. Is ephedra harmful? Yes and no. If you have diabetes or high blood pressure or heart disease, ephedrine is not recommended, Why? Just like Rhapsody said, you are vasoconstricting and causing raising in blood pressure and restricting oxygen to those that are already restricted to several areas (such as in diabetic extremeties and hearts or in people with heart disease). The water hose example she gave is perfect. Think about it. Also, what happens if you have old blood vessels (analogous to the old hose)? Well the hose can break and blood willl spill internally causing a massive stroke or a blood clot that could easily lead to death. So, if you have these and other disease states, ephedrine is not worth the risk.

3. Ephedrine has 4 isomers. Isomers are compunds that are like your right and left hands. They look similar but they're mirror images. Two of the isomers do something in your body. Two do not. There is one that stimulates beta receptors directly. However, epheda binds weakly and doesn't stimulate well. It's best part is the isomer that stimulates norepinephrine (nor-Adrenaline) release. Thus, this seems to be the most effect. Unfortunately, the weak ephedrine that actually binds to the beta receptors is actually blocking the stronger norepinephrine getting to the beta receptor. So, you're not getting as good of a response as a pure beta agonist like clen.
A weak compound blocking a strong one? This may not make sense at first but it goes a little something like this ... If you see a hot girl at the bar and some slimy little guy is hitting on her, you have to wait until she "dismisses" him until you get yoour chance. Now a lot of your night is gone and wasted due to this other guy. Similarly ephedrine wastes norepinephrine's time by sitting at the beta receptor (the girl) for a while until it is broken down by compounds that get rid of things at the receptor level (the bouncers at closing time). (How male chauvinistic eh Rhap?)

Also, smoking has much more than vasoconstrictive properties that make it bad for you/ But that's for another post.

Got this from another board, and I added EPHEDRA DOES NOTHING FOR ME.

KataMaStEr
10-05-2002, 06:22 AM
Thanks for all the answers. Right now I’m tryng out the Rage from Universal Nutrition, and feel like it was not a waste of money. Next time I’ll try something different to see which one works better on me.

Also I have another question, I hear that the body gets used to the product fast so you have to cycle. What is the time you guys take on/off from it?

Mudge
10-05-2002, 11:48 AM
Are you taking it for energy kick or for fat loss? For fat loss cycling isn't all that big, for energy people do seem to get acustomed to it quickly, just like caffeine alone. 4 on 2 off perhaps?

KataMaStEr
10-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Are you taking it for energy kick or for fat loss? For fat loss cycling isn't all that big, for energy people do seem to get acustomed to it quickly, just like caffeine alone. 4 on 2 off perhaps?

I take it to get more energy, not fat loss. Yeah I'll try that 4 on 2 off see how it goes thanks.