PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Cuff

slimshady95
09-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey guys looking for alittle info on rotary cuff injuries,I keep having very Sharp pains in my left shoulder,like a stabbing pain,and burning,and it keeps pulsating. Not sure if I have torn it or not,any ideas or thoughts.It has been sore for awhile now,probably should get a Mri done. Thanks guys.....

OTG85
09-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey guys looking for alittle info on rotary cuff injuries,I keep having very Sharp pains in my left shoulder,like a stabbing pain,and burning,and it keeps pulsating. Not sure if I have torn it or not,any ideas or thoughts.It has been sore for awhile now,probably should get a Mri done. Thanks guys.....

dude those are nothing to play with I had to quit lifting for months and suppliment cortizone,msm,glucosaimene.Don't take it lightly drop the weight 30% and suppliment those supps msm & gluco. and if that don't get better go to the doc and look into cortizone shot

vortrit
09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
any ideas or thoughts

Yeah, go to the doctor.

LAM
09-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, go to the doctor.

ditto...rotator cuff injury's when not taken care of can lead to possible life long issues with the shoulder girdle.

slimshady95
09-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate ur input,and thoughts.Gonna call the doc today. I just really don't want to get a cotisone shot,for as it is a temporary fix and the work I do I would not feel the pain as much, and the damage would still be there,and I would end up doing more damage.Thanks again.....

vortrit
09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate ur input,and thoughts.Gonna call the doc today. I just really don't want to get a cotisone shot,for as it is a temporary fix and the work I do I would not feel the pain as much, and the damage would still be there,and I would end up doing more damage.Thanks again.....

What your saying makes sense, but do you know that the doctor is going to give you a cortizone shot? He may have other options. I hurt my should a couple of years ago, and wish that I'd went to the doctor. After two years it's finally getting better and I'm finally starting to be able to bench press again, but still have to be careful.

2tomlinson
09-30-2010, 09:22 AM

Check out my thread on Platelet Rich Plasma therapy for rotator cuff. They use your own concentrated blood cells to speed healing. Mine seems to be working pretty quickly.

jstnelson2006
10-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Mine has been killing me for about a year. It hurts at the strangest times. Sometimes I can do bench, overhead tricep extensions, shoulder press, etc and be fine. Then sometimes I can be driving, go to place my hand on the steering wheel and fail to do so due to a sharp pain in the shoulder. Sometimes it will hurt for a couple of hours, sometimes a few days...happens all the time. I should probably go to the doctor too

Zaphod
10-13-2010, 01:14 PM
You think?

d82
11-02-2010, 06:38 AM
A lot of things can cause shoulder pain. AC joint arthritis , biceps tendonitis, impingement syndrome along with rotator cuff tears and instability. Cortisone can help with the first three but will worsen a rotator cuff tear. Recommend seeing a doc that knows what musculoskeletal system (orthopedic surgeon or sports med physician). An MRI won't replace an experience physical exam.

MDR
11-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Suffered a Torn Rotator Cuff in High School while pitching in Baseball. Required surgery. But if you do not have an actual tear, ibuprofen and alternating hot and cold compresses can do the trick, along with rest. Pretty common strain with weightlifters.

Prince
11-02-2010, 11:37 AM
how much pain do you have when you raise and rotate your arm? does it feel like it gets better with rest?

I have injured my shoulders multiple times, never needed surgery. One thing I do now on a regular basis is rotator cuff exercises.

MDR
11-02-2010, 12:47 PM
how much pain do you have when you raise and rotate your arm? does it feel like it gets better with rest?

I have injured my shoulders multiple times, never needed surgery. One thing I do now on a regular basis is rotator cuff exercises.

Ounce of prevention and all that. I think a lot of the injuries I experienced during my youth were directly related to being careless and not preparing myself properly for training as well as competition. Like Prince, I still have problems with both shoulders, mostly impingement issues, but you learn to adjust and avoid catastrophic injury. Shoulders are a very common problem area, for many athletes. Very complex and vulnerable body part.

edwards
11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I had 3 pins put in my right shoulder about 4 yrs ago .
It is actually stronger than my left one now and I'm left handed .
Don't think I would do it again . It sucked .
Try therepy first

slimshady95
11-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Hey guys,thanks for all ur help,and advice.I had competition 2 weeks ago came in third,but besides that,I had a partial rotator cuff injury over time of hard training,last week the surgeon removed what is called Inflamed Bursa,removed part of a frayed and damaged tendon,it was under 50% damaged,anything over 50% they consider it a full thickness tear..