• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

DB vs BB

B

Bench_It!!

IML Gear Cream!
Why dumbells versus barbell bench? If I try as much with DBs as I do with BB, I teeter and totter all over the bench and end up concentrating more on not falling off. Do they really help or is it just another exercise to do?

------------------
Shut up and LIFT!

Dumbels will build up your stabilizer muscles more than BB as well you can't cheat by using one side more than the other, both sides have to work alone so they'll grow the same.
You can also get a better stretch with DB as the bar isn't in the way.

I think they should both be done, alternated.

Actually the bench that I use most is called Hammer Strength. It uses free weights, but is still independent. Both arms move separately and allow u to start at a real good stretch. The stations are new and I didn't like them at first. But now I like it a lot.

------------------
Shut up and LIFT!

Nothing wrong with the hammer strength equipment. I use BB for most of my pressing movements like bench and shoulder press, once in awile I'll use DB but prefer BB.

One way you can look at it is if its harder to do, its probably better. Like squats.

You ain't kidding there. I just started doing squats. Never really did them in high school. Just bench, curls and leg press mainly. Squats were always for powerlifters. I'm starting to really like it...but it hurts like hell the next day.

------------------
Shut up and LIFT!

I guess I don't have to answer, Da Man Scotty sumed it up!

------------------
If you build it they will come

[This message has been edited by Large And In Charge (edited 01-23-2001).]

try using DBs for a while and then go back to BB and you will be happy with your results. sometimes when im not making any gains i know its time to switch to DBs and it usually helps

I'll give that a try after my bench program is over. Thanks

------------------
Shut Up and LIFT!!

boom...back from the dead!

IML Gear Cream!
Old thread, but I really prefer DB pressing. I don't do any barbell benching any more, as the straight bars locks my wrists and shoulders into an uncomfortable position. The angle of my wrists and shoulders are free to move naturally within the groove of the DB press.

I use BB for most of my pressing movements like bench and shoulder press, once in awile I'll use DB but prefer BB.
[FONT=宋体]
g.gif
[/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT]​

I am working towards using both more frequently
I usually don't use db for bench or shoulders
Plan to start

Back