PDA

View Full Version : Personal Hygiene/Mental Health

animal56
09-30-2002, 09:14 AM
Hey there,

Just a thought, since this is a bodybuilding board, perhaps a good forum to include would be personal hygiene, or even mental health.

For instance, check this site out:

http://www.pubicshave.com/pubicshave/index.html

Body shaving, every builder is in the need to know...

There really isn't a forum here, dedicated to mental health and/or hygiene. Oddly enough, there is one for sexual health. And with all the "knowledgeables" around here, I think it could be a useful and provocative forum.

Just a thought. Cheers.

w8lifter
09-30-2002, 11:03 AM
Most issues can be dealt w/ in other forums....shaving has been dealt w/ in sexual health, body shaving could be covered in competition forum and anything goes in open chat. :)

Mudge
09-30-2002, 11:06 AM
I dont body shave, but most of us dont compete either.

bigss75
09-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by animal56
Hey there,

Just a thought, since this is a bodybuilding board, perhaps a good forum to include would be personal hygiene, or even mental health.

For instance, check this site out:

http://www.pubicshave.com/pubicshave/index.html

Body shaving, every builder is in the need to know...

There really isn't a forum here, dedicated to mental health and/or hygiene. Oddly enough, there is one for sexual health. And with all the "knowledgeables" around here, I think it could be a useful and provocative forum.

Just a thought. Cheers.

Thank you for the info I dont compete but I like to shave myself
It gives me clean feel

animal56
09-30-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Mudge
I dont body shave, but most of us dont compete either.

Most of the people I know that work out don't compete either, but for some reason ALL of them shave.

For me, I have major body hair dilemna. The website was helpful, and gave me the idea for the proposed forum.

animal56
09-30-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by w8lifter
Most issues can be dealt w/ in other forums....shaving has been dealt w/ in sexual health, body shaving could be covered in competition forum and anything goes in open chat. :)

Good suggestions, but have you ever tried to filter through some of the junk in Open Chat?! Crikey!

Everyday, it's a plethora of "Unread Posts". Makes me go mental, which is why we need a Mental health category. ;)

Mudge
09-30-2002, 10:28 PM

Most of the people I know that work out don't compete either, but for some reason ALL of them shave.

For me, I have major body hair dilemna. The website was helpful, and gave me the idea for the proposed forum.

I was ordered NOT to shave, and I really dont want to get cought up in a routine requiring me to shave constantly anyhow, and I do not believe in any way normal society would look at me admireably if I shaved my arms/legs etc, so I honestly do not see that much of the male population is hairless.

If I were 300 pounds instead of 230, maybe I'd change my mind.

animal56
10-01-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Mudge

I was ordered NOT to shave, and I really dont want to get cought up in a routine requiring me to shave constantly anyhow, and I do not believe in any way normal society would look at me admireably if I shaved my arms/legs etc, so I honestly do not see that much of the male population is hairless.

If I were 300 pounds instead of 230, maybe I'd change my mind.

I wouldn't dare shave my arms or legs. It's the rest of my body that concerns me. :eek:

Mudge
10-01-2002, 07:34 AM
I knew a guy with a tan who shaved his legs in high school, everyone wondered if he was ... well I think you can figure it out :)

So you want to shave your belly and your armpits etc? ehh... To much hassle for me and I have no reason too.

w8lifter
10-01-2002, 08:08 AM
Muscular & shredded guys who shave don't look...well, you know...to me...:lick:

Prince
10-01-2002, 12:32 PM

the last thing I want hear about is people's hygiene! :D (or lack of)

as far as mental health....well, there are a lot of people on this board that need serious help, but I don't think any of us are qualified! :lol:

bigss75
10-01-2002, 07:09 PM
I shaved my pits once as a bet then I have done it ever since I seem not to sweat as much or have a strong B.O. after lifting .I am afraid to shave my groin and ass region fear of razor slipping:scared:

Mudge
10-01-2002, 08:34 PM
Once you start, if you dont keep it up you have fresh thick hairs biting into your skin, blech.

animal56
10-01-2002, 08:37 PM
What about Neet? Do you suffer ingrowns from Neet?

bigss75
10-02-2002, 04:46 PM
Anyone try nair for men?

Tank316
10-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by bigss75
Anyone try nair for men?
its called a mach 3 and a gallon of shaving cream.:eek: :laugh: :help: :laugh: :laugh: