• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pulled muscle

HickeyNC

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Guys, maybe you can help me out. About two weeks ago, i pulled a muscle in my leg when i was running sprints. I streched it out after the workout. and then hit the hot tub thinking that maybe make it feel a little better. I layed off any running or any lowerbody work outs for a week. then last weekend i ran a few miles after making sure to strech very good. The same thing happened. Then then same thing happpened just this morning. I ran only a mile and i could feel it tightning up. I got off and it the stair master. i am sure that i have not just given it enought time to heal, but i am a little unsure what other cardi i can still do so that it will heal quickly. I really dont want to cut it out for a few weeks because i am trying to get back into the routine of doing my cardio in the morning. Please help.

Under those circumstances I would rest it at least 3-4 weeks. Then ease back into running and working out.
Last year I pulled a muscle in my chest, it took 8 weeks to heal. I continued to work it, which probably prolonged the injury, but I worked it very lightly.

Sounds like it needs some time to heal.
Maybe you could try swimming or have you tried riding bike.

OUCH! I feel for you bro

If it's swollen any, you need to apply the RICE method (rest, ice, compression, elevation.) However, if it's not swollen then you were doing the right thing by soaking in the hot tub! Warmth will help relax the muscles and relieve any soreness and that might help in the recovery process. Regardless if it bothers you that day or not, I would keep soaking it for at least 20 minutes a day for about a week. Then I would gradually get back into your workout but keep soaking until it fully heals. Especially at this time, because you are limited on what you can do, look at your diet closely. If you can cut some fat or calories in places, do it! This will help eliminate any excess weight you might gain from your layoff. Good luck

------------------
If you build it they will come

[This message has been edited by Large And In Charge (edited 01-23-2001).]

Hey L&IC...check your signature out.
Build is mispelled. just friendly fyi.

------------------
Shut Up and LIFT!!

Well it is not swollen, but it is stiff as hell by now. I did it this morning at about 7 and i sit and work on a PC all day. So i really dont work it or walk around on it all day. I was worried about loosing the cardio, but i totally forgot about swimming, Hell i used to swim in HS. i suppose i could go back and do that for a short period of time.

Thanks Bench, I must have been too much in a hurry when I wrote it

------------------
If you build it they will come

Back