• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Favorite Leg Exrecise

Fit Freak

Fit Freak
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just wondering what you guys enjoy the most when training legs.....as for myself I LOVE squats.....they get me so pumped sometimes I feel like I could do them til' I drop:mad:

It used to be leg press, but now I think it could be squats.

I much prefer squats to leg presses...squates are so much more challenging and the intensity is uch higher...not to mention that squats produc great quads.

I like regular squats too... and the 1 1/4 laying leg curl.

Fade never did squats up until several months ago... he only did leg press for 13 yrs. and can press over 1400 lbs... and he's got huge legs and a great butt... but I'm sure you didn't care to know that last part ;)

i'm with butterfly - squats and the 1 1/4 lying leg curls are both my favorites!

Squatting is the best...supersetting it with leg extensions=double the intensity...I like lunges, deadlifts and hack squat too...

Lunges are my next favorite...forward and backward...I also do plyometric lunges sometimes with a light BB.....basically junping from one leg lunge right into the other leg lunge...talk about working up a sweat

Leg presses are my favorite. The only part that sucks is loading and unloading all those god damn plates.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Leg presses are my favorite. The only part that sucks is loading and unloading all those god damn plates.

No kidding, why don't gyms get 100lb plates for leg press machines. :scratch:

Originally posted by Scotty the Body

My gym has 100lb plates, they're just plain annoying to lug around though.

It's ok, when there is just 1 or 2 on the leg press a side, but anymore and it's annyoing shifting them and picking them up to put dem on .....ARGHHHH

They aren't really that heavy, but I admit when you pickup the 45s they seem like quarters after that :lol:

The last place I was at got rid of the 100s, probably due to liability and complaints.

Originally posted by Scotty the Body

My gym has 100 lb plates. Yeah, those are even more fun to load and unload. :rolleyes: I won't use those unless they are already on the machine.

If the wife is at the gym the same time I am when I do legs, she helps me load and unload the plates. :)

For me there are no favorite leg exercises. :yell: They all Suck!! They all hurt like buggery!! :yell: Fuq leg leg day, it's a pain in the.......... well, legs!!
He he :D thats right, i did legs yesterday....... "fuq you gopro!"
That aside, Squats and stiff leg deads. :thumb:

Hate it cause it hurts...but love it cause when done intensely it works...nothing better than heavy leg training to kick-start the entire body into new growth.

Squats and leg presses, both are challenging for me.

Originally posted by butterfly
I like regular squats too... and the 1 1/4 laying leg curl.

Sorry for this simple questions, but how to do the 1 1/4 laying leg curl? And how does the effect differ from regular laying leg curl?

- Josh

Hi Josh - On the 1 1/4 lying leg curls you curl the weight up to your butt then at the top instead of going all the way down you go 1/4 of the way down and then back up again. then you lower it. that counts as 1 rep.

They awesome - prolongs the time you have tension on the muscle and the contraction is intense. Really like them!

I hate leg exercises. Fortunately for me, because of my hockey past, my legs have always been in great shape and very strong, so I'm not to hard "pressed" (pardon the pun) when I do them.

I'd have to pick leg presses if I really must pick one.

;)

Squats 20 reps (once every 3 weeks) KILLS ME BUT I LOVE EM !!!
Also seated leg curls supersetted with Stiff deads w/ dumbells are great.

Leg day has always been my least favorite. when I train legs I can't skate. If I had to choose a favorite movement it would have to be extensions. I really like to watch the muscles working and you can't really do that with squats.

squats for me too,:thumb:

Legs are my favorite! Leg extensions, leg press, deadlifts, and squats...in that order

Not sure what the exercise is called, but you straighten legs from a sitting position, then you make them walk your ass over to the fridge and grab a nice cold beer, then back again. You do this several times and you can really start to feel it.:p

Seriously though, I'm a leg press fan.

Originally posted by irontime
Not sure what the exercise is called, but you straighten legs from a sitting position, then you make them walk your ass over to the fridge and grab a nice cold beer, then back again. You do this several times and you can really start to feel it.:p

I believe that's referred to as the "diddly-squat". :D

My favorite leg exercise is straight leg. They seem like they hit a lot of areas. Backing off squats do to some knee pain lately. I???ll have to like press machine to keep the knees happy.

Joe

Hate :yell: : lying leg curls ....so don't even mention the 1 1/4 leg curls!!!

Like :) : squats
why?....Great training for Public bathrooms!!! So you don't have to sit on those dirty filthy seats!! :toilet:

Originally posted by crunch

I believe that's referred to as the "diddly-squat". :D

:laugh: :haha:

Originally posted by Fit Freak
Just wondering what you guys enjoy the most when training legs.....as for myself I LOVE squats.....they get me so pumped sometimes I feel like I could do them til' I drop:mad:

Leg press for sure I love watching Jaws drop when loading the plates!

Back