• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Looking for a career in fitness

Muscle_Girl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been thinking for a long time now that I wanna be able to help people out with training.. More specifically become a Personal Trainer.

I need a little help to get myself started.

I know that it's a certificate that you get, but I don't know what it is called. I also wanted the people in the Ontario area to suggest Colleges or Universities that they have gone through, and how long it took.

I was also wondering if this was something that you could learn through an apprenticeship program and then go for a test afterwards?

Anyone know of any gyms hiring for apprenticeship programs??

Thanks for the help :)

Have you tried doing searches on the net? Lots of useful info out there, wish I could help.

There are a bunch of different certificates, gyms dont look at them equally. It was not long ago that a thread was started on this topic, so it should be easy to find.

Thanks, those sites were very helpful... is an online course reliable enough.. does it teach what you are needed to know?

Look at what the gyms in your area ask for as far as certification, the more you have the more earning potential you have (so I hear). If you get certified in one of them that nobody in your area likes, guess who doesn't have a job, of course you can work independantly. I know one PT and he doesn't get alot of hours, but he does make something like $35ish a session, clients are charged something like $50.

Muscle_Girl...I live in Nova Scotia and am a certified personal trainer and nutrition & wellness consultant. I also manage a fitness center.

In Canada the leading certifying body seems to be Can-Fit-Pro...as mentioned by w8. I'm sure the others are great but around here I feel you'll be safe with Can-Fit-Pro. If you live in Ontario there are many different courses available...some of which only take 3 days and then you study on your own and write the exams when you've fully prepared.

Good luck!

Back