PDA

View Full Version : Newbie advice

mtosubuckeyefan
01-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Read multiple posts and ebooks, but still need advice. Probably don't fit "typical" BB poster.

Age: 48. Weight: 155. BF: 14%. First weight lifting EVER: 9 months ago.

Workout: one hour with Trainer 3x week (weights). 2 days aerobic, one hour at 90% max.

Little muscle masss or strength increase for fist six months until T tested and low. Upper range of normal with test cyp 200/week. Now increased to 200 2x/ week with every other day estrogen blocker.

Is this too low of a dose or should I add second agent to increase bulk and decrease BF?

Will never be as large as most posters nor is this expected, but wish to minimize gains.

Obviously, not going to be massive at this age, but hope to maximize gains.

Work IN Progress
01-10-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm no expert but I'm sure everybody is gonna tell you to start at 500mg a week at least. That's usually a good baseline. At 155 lbs you should see good gains if you are eating enough. Gear is a waste if your diet is shit. See how your body responds from there then adjust up. You should prolly post your diet and a detailed training program if you want people to help you around here.

heavyiron
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Up the dose. 300mg twice weekly on the testosterone.

chronicelite
01-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Now increased to 200 2x/ week with every other day estrogen blocker.

Every other day estrogen blocker? what the heck does that mean ?

Built
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
chronic, the OP is taking a SERM EOD. I think.

To the OP, you'll see some good gains on what you're on for HRT. Hubby's on 150mg test weekly and the change to his physique over the past year and a half have been profound.

If you're looking to run a cycle, go with HI's advice, but investigate "blast and cruise" since HRT is for life.

TwisT
01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
I agree with built and heavy, look into blast + cruise which would incorporate more compounds + higher dose of test for your "blast"

-T

Read multiple posts and ebooks, but still need advice. Probably don't fit "typical" BB poster.

Age: 48. Weight: 155. BF: 14%. First weight lifting EVER: 9 months ago.

Workout: one hour with Trainer 3x week (weights). 2 days aerobic, one hour at 90% max.

Little muscle masss or strength increase for fist six months until T tested and low. Upper range of normal with test cyp 200/week. Now increased to 200 2x/ week with every other day estrogen blocker.

Is this too low of a dose or should I add second agent to increase bulk and decrease BF?

Will never be as large as most posters nor is this expected, but wish to minimize gains.

Obviously, not going to be massive at this age, but hope to maximize gains.