PDA

View Full Version : How to go about getting blood work

ROID
02-02-2011, 05:14 PM
This is going to be a silly question.

I haven't gotten any blood work done since I have started back using gear. I've been on, varying doses, for around 12 months. Roughly 30 weeks lower dose test with the remaining weeks higher doses with other compounds.

In the past when I got blood work it was 2 to 3 months after cycle and I just wanted to make sure everything was back to normal.

What I'm getting at is i'm just hesitant because things aren't going to be normal this time.

What would be the best way to approach a doctor ?

Will it effect me getting health insurance in the future ?

Phetamine
02-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Well for one your Doc can't disclose test results to the insurance or anyone for that matter by law without your permission. For example I had stitches in my head and the health insurance kept sending me letters wanting to know why I had gotten stitches, basically trying to figure out if it was car accident or a workmans comp claim they could charge someone else for. So obviously they couldn't find out exactly why they just knew what they were charged for (a stitch tray). Any who if you're concerned about them figuring it out from the test type (which I am unsure they couldn't know if it wasn't for a standard care procedure, like an annual physical kind of thing) pay for it on your own. As for the Doc just tell him Doctor patient privilege and if you have had the same Doc forever and just don't want him to know then goto a different one for just this stuff like people do "doc shopping" for pain meds. I am sure someone else is much more knowledgeable on this but thats my 2 cents.

G3
02-03-2011, 11:04 AM
A guy posted here recently about having labs done without going to your regular doctor. I wish I could take credit but here is the link.

Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online (http://www.privatemdlabs.com/index.php)

ZECH
02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Yes there are clinics you can walk in, have blood taken and they will send it off to be tested and they will mail you the results. Probably not cheap, but hey at least you know where you stand which is very important.

XYZ
02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Well for one your Doc can't disclose test results to the insurance or anyone for that matter by law without your permission. For example I had stitches in my head and the health insurance kept sending me letters wanting to know why I had gotten stitches, basically trying to figure out if it was car accident or a workmans comp claim they could charge someone else for. So obviously they couldn't find out exactly why they just knew what they were charged for (a stitch tray). Any who if you're concerned about them figuring it out from the test type (which I am unsure they couldn't know if it wasn't for a standard care procedure, like an annual physical kind of thing) pay for it on your own. As for the Doc just tell him Doctor patient privilege and if you have had the same Doc forever and just don't want him to know then goto a different one for just this stuff like people do "doc shopping" for pain meds. I am sure someone else is much more knowledgeable on this but thats my 2 cents.

If he signs a HIPPA release form, it's ALL fair game. 99.9% of the time you're going to have to sign one for one reason or another.

G3
02-04-2011, 12:16 PM
If he signs a HIPPA release form, it's ALL fair game. 99.9% of the time you're going to have to sign one for one reason or another.

That's why I'll never tell my PCP what I'm doing with gears, unless I have to.

Du
02-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I think highlights the importance of having a great doctor that you are close with. I've been honest and upfront with mine about cycling, and while he may not approve, it's not his decision. What he can do, though, is help me maintain a healthy body by frequent blood testing, physicals, etc, as well as being able to know my FULL history while treating me for any other ailments.

I'll say get a doc you trust, and be open with him.

brundel
02-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Just go to a doctor and tell them what you want a test for.
If your on the west coast I can refer you to a very good doc.

Runner22
02-16-2011, 10:09 AM
A guy posted here recently about having labs done without going to your regular doctor. I wish I could take credit but here is the link.

Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online (http://www.privatemdlabs.com/index.php)

I'm in my 2nd week of my cycle and wanting to really dial in my AI requirements by getting bloodwork and prefer not to use my PCP unless my results are bad - then full disclosure. I checked out the above link and it's not very obvious to me what I would request. Are there any other tests that I should get at this point or midway and upon cessation?

Here's what I'm running...

TestE 500mg wks 1-10
Dbol 30mg wks 1-4
Aromasin 12.5mg ED wks 1-10 & PCT
Clomid PCT 150/100/50/50
Liver Supplemnt
Nolva if needed

BTW...has anyone experienced "diuretic" like symptons from thier AI's? I know that it will combat water retention, but what I'm experiencing seems a bit excessive. Maybe I'll change my AI to EOD, but I've had gyno problems in the past. Thus, my need to dial my AI dose through bloodwork.

Thanks in advance!

brundel
02-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm in my 2nd week of my cycle and wanting to really dial in my AI requirements by getting bloodwork and prefer not to use my PCP unless my results are bad - then full disclosure. I checked out the above link and it's not very obvious to me what I would request. Are there any other tests that I should get at this point or midway and upon cessation?

Here's what I'm running...

TestE 500mg wks 1-10
Dbol 30mg wks 1-4
Aromasin 12.5mg ED wks 1-10 & PCT
Clomid PCT 150/100/50/50
Liver Supplemnt
Nolva if needed

BTW...has anyone experienced "diuretic" like symptons from thier AI's? I know that it will combat water retention, but what I'm experiencing seems a bit excessive. Maybe I'll change my AI to EOD, but I've had gyno problems in the past. Thus, my need to dial my AI dose through bloodwork.

Thanks in advance!

Holy crap your using PCP ? :)
If you dont usually use an AI its gonna drain some water from you for sure.
My training partner...is just now using an AI for the first time. Hes stubborn like a mule. He started losing some weight pretty quick but man he looks bigger. He feels better as well. Water weight is just uncomfortable and ugly.
Let the water drain youll be happier.

Ill dig up some of my bloodwork and see what my doc tests for.
Here are the ones I can remember offhand.

Total T
Free T
Estro
LH
FSH
t3
t4
tsh
ldl
hdl
triglycerides
ALT
ALP
AST
GGT
LDH

Some others Im likely forgetting

ANIMALHAUS
02-16-2011, 10:31 AM
This has always been taboo for me because I'm worried about having my HI find out. I've always been that once you visit a dr. to have blood levels tested it will ALWAYS go on your medical records... am I wrong?

Runner22
02-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Ya, PCP is great when used pre-work! LOL j/k

This is my first time using an AI and the water loss was a bit unexpected. Being a runner this could be problematic. I'll have to pay particular attention to my electrolytes. I used gears many years ago before anyone was using AI's and simply added Nolva throughout the cycle. This has now added another layer of complexity, but I'm very concerned with gyno and from what I've been told - "it's better to prevent" estrogen side effects in the first place. So...moving forward and pisisng a lot!

Lastly, I called Labcorp about getting testing without a Dr referral and was told that I could, but need to prepay using a company like the below. I was looking at the top 10 tests for males (see below). Would this cover it?

https://directlabs.com/Home/10MostImportantTests/tabid/187/language/en-US/Default.aspx

TGB1987
02-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Here is another link www.hrtrx.com (http://www.hrtrx.com)

supperfly1977
03-12-2011, 01:20 PM
The HRT company I work for uses Access medical labs here is a link for you to check.
Access Medical Laboratories - Jupiter, FL Medical Laboratory, testing, blood, urine, saliva, quick results and all private (http://www.accessmedlab.com/)

supperfly1977
03-12-2011, 01:21 PM
they have locations all over the US

supperfly1977
03-12-2011, 01:23 PM
ACCESS SPECIAL

COMPREHENSIVE MALE PANEL (00778):

1. Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
2. CBC
3. Lipid Panel
4. TSH
5. T3, free
6. T4, free
7. Testosterone, Free & Total
8. Estradiol
9. PSA
10. SHBG(sex hormone binding globulin)
11. IGF-1
12. LH
13. FSH
14. Ferritin
15. DHEA-S
16. CRP,hs

supperfly1977
03-12-2011, 01:25 PM
ACCESS SPECIAL

COMPREHENSIVE MALE PANEL (00778):

1. Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
2. CBC
3. Lipid Panel
4. TSH
5. T3, free
6. T4, free
7. Testosterone, Free & Total
8. Estradiol
9. PSA
10. SHBG(sex hormone binding globulin)
11. IGF-1
12. LH
13. FSH
14. Ferritin
15. DHEA-S
16. CRP,hs

here are panel's I think you are looking for..

dave 236
04-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I once had bloodwork done and misjudged the timing on EQ clearing my system. I came back at 3300ng/dl. I told my doc that I took an otc prohormone and he bought it.I wouldn't suggest this approach since there are so many online options now, but hey it worked.

JCBourne
05-03-2011, 03:24 AM
Here's how to use Private MD

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/anabolic-zone/125599-cheap-bloodwork-how-get-without-insurance.html