• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cant Bench For Sh!t

iSlaNdEr bOy

wOrK iN pRoGrEsS
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
im ashamed to say that i can't bench for shit. I'm 6'1, 210 lbs, and I can only put 165 lbs five times on the flat bench. I know that I've only been lifting for three months, but I feel that for a person my size, I should be lift more. What can I do to increase my bench.

Slowly increase weight over time. Don't worry...you will get there. I have seen people your size lift way less.

Thats about a 190 max, thats not too bad. I knew a guy in high school who was about 95 pounds and benched 45 just barely, so don't feel too bad.

There was a time when many of us (me included) could not even bench my own weight.

Ha, dude I started at 90 pounds and felt like the biggest pussy around, as The berg Master said just keep bringing the weight up slowly as you feel you can and you'll be there dude!!! :D

Hows your tri's and shoulders? What are you doing for chest now and how often do you do it?

A good lifting moto to live by is:
"it's not how much you lift, but how you lift"
Dont worry about your weights or what others think!! Lift with concentration, determination, agression, and good form and it will all come in good time!!
Be consistant and never give up, If i knew how long it was gonna take to change my body i would never have started (just bein honest guys) But now after about 10mths i wouldnt look back... very hooked on liftin :D :D :D

hey nothing to be ashamed of we allstart somewhere hell i still remember how hard those 30 pound dbs where lol the feel about just as hard as those dame 130pound ones. It takes time learn your technque first and strength will come

Originally posted by BjUaFyF
Ha, dude I started at 90 pounds and felt like the biggest pussy around, as The berg Master said just keep bringing the weight up slowly as you feel you can and you'll be there dude!!! :D

Somehow I think you were 5 when you were benching that :D

I started out at about 85 or 90 pounds, when I was 11. I forget how much I weighed but it was probably around 110, tried for 105 and it just hit my chest, DOH!

my bench weight is crap at the moment as well like you only just started.But im determianed to get up there with the best them bye this time next xmas :D

And who cares anyway? I mean, we are bodybuilders and therefore usually train for hypertrophy and not strengh

IML Gear Cream!
yes and no, some will say say that strength wont equel size. I completly disagrea with that statement . To obtain growth you must become stronger.

Originally posted by Mudge

Somehow I think you were 5 when you were benching that :D

I started out at about 85 or 90 pounds, when I was 11. I forget how much I weighed but it was probably around 110, tried for 105 and it just hit my chest, DOH!

No, No Im not ashamed :)cry: lol ) it was not long enuff ago to forget unfortunatley.......but I have always had a weak chest and never put any effort into improving. Im all better now :)

Originally posted by crackerjack414
yes and no, some will say say that strength wont equel size. I completly disagrea with that statement . To obtain growth you must become stronger.

But, that is not to say that you can be strong and small, because its been done. Caloric restriction is what powerlifters use as thier tool for remaining in a certain weight class, but they can still improve strength.

For a bodybuilder then I would agree you should try to lift heavier to grow, benching 110x12 reps is going to cease to cut it at some point in time.

Back