• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Optimum nutrition w/ water or milk...?

THE OAK

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey people,
Im new to these forums and hope you guys can give me some advice!
I just purchased a whey protein...
I choose optimum since must of you guys spoke so highly of it!
Now my question was i have a pre-work out shake and another before i go to bed.
When i make the shake i have both with reduced fat milk and both contain about 400-450 grams of milk, i was wondering if this is too much milk? if there is such a thing as too much?
in total just under 1 litre a day of milk!

Also i am wondering if i should invest in a multi vietamin ?
im still just learning about supplements so any advice would be much appreciated!

cheers

I take it with milk. I like the taste better than mixing it with water. Also, milk has protein in it too, but I'm also a newbie, so I'm not too sure if its the most beneficial way to drink it.

Good choice in protein brand, I like Optimum as well. Try adding a post-workout shake too. Instead of milk, I add heavy whipping cream instead.

YES, invest in a multi-vitamin. I like Nature's Plus, Source of Life w/o Iron.

water...milk fats can hamper the absorption of whey proteins. with whey proteins (any whey fraction) water is the best, then ff then skim milk.

milk fats are neccessary for the proper digestion of milk proteins. if you are using milk for a protein source drink whole milk...

milk or water

hey LAM,

hmmm are you sure full fat milkd is better then reduced milk?
the milk i have isn't quite skin milk, it has 3g of fat and 10 g of protein per 250ml serving.
Are you suggesting i go to full fat instead?
Also is 800g of milk a day to much?

thanks in advance!

with 1% and 2% milks the non-fat dried milk is added back to the milk. the oxidized cholesterol in the non-fat dried milk has been linked to heart disease.

most of the good fats (linoleic acid) are removed from the lower fat varieties of milk along with most of the cholesterol (which is good). if you don't have a cholesterol problem drink whole milk

Hey LAM,
Thanks for the advice!
Well i think i might give the ff milk a try if you reccomend it.
The only thing is i hope it doesnt life my fat levels up!
thanks alot!

Back