PDA

View Full Version : Benching only 60kg ... Help :(

Pika
03-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Ok guys i have tub of p mag and im about to use it as my strenge just wont go up! Im 180bls and only lefting 60kg only 6 to 8 reps :( whys this?

LightBearer
03-28-2011, 01:21 PM
what are your stats? age weight bodyfat estimate training history?
and whats your diet like

Pika
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Well im 21 and been at gym 6 months but been doing weight at home for 8 month so just over a year....bf unkwon but i have before and after picz ... Im 180bls 5,7 My diet is good well ok atleast...

9am 5 eggs 3 weetabix

12 tunna with past

2pm gym til 3 then shake

5 pm 2 chiicken fittets with pasta

8pm 1 chicken fillet with veg

10 pm xottage cheese with beans

Also i take 3 to 4 shakes on top of that i train 4 days aweek

Pika
03-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Heres before and after pics ... The before pic was takin last may

Gazhole
03-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Look, you've obviously made progress in both your size and your strength. Don't be hard on yourself.

The only three things you need to get stronger are:

Hard Work
Food
Time

Thats it. Work hard and eat a lot over an extended period of time. We're not talking weeks or months, we're talking years. Decades even. Strength is built up slowly. Give yourself a break, keep training hard, keep eating well. In 12 months you'll be benching more than you do now.

Some things you CAN do now:

- Fix your technique. The EliteFTS "So you think you can bench?" videos and articles are priceless information. They do the same series for other lifts, so check them out too.

- Change your program. Though there is no "magic" program (and in fact, it really doesn't matter what program you do - just so long as you work hard on it for a few months) a change of pace will probably help move things along. Starting Strength is a great one, The Texas Method is another. I recommend one of those two for your experience level.

- Cut down your shakes and eat more food. Where are your carbs and fats!?! I see a hell of a lot of protein, probably too much protein in fact, but a relatively low amount of carbs and basically no fat whatsoever. If you're trying to put on weight those things are what you need most, not protein. So long as you get 150-180g at your bodyweight thats fine. Shoot for 200g to be on the safe side. Fat is just a huge time saver and makes it a doddle to get your calories in.

Pika
03-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Wow seems like you know your stuff... Wel fats? I mean i eat like chocs and steak and stuff here and there? Im going shoping monday so what ya think i should be looking at? Also what about this p mag bro? I brought it lol have it on my shelf lol its soo tepemting to do a cycle if it ? Thsnks

Gazhole
03-28-2011, 03:56 PM
The hell is p mag?

I mean fats - food with fat in it. Whole milk, nuts, olive oil, cheese. To a certain extent beef instead of chicken. Thats just the good stuff. Throw in some cookies or doughnuts or something too. We're talking every day with all this stuff - nuts you can snack on, have a pint of milk with every meal, put 2tbsp of olive oil in each shake, and cheese is good to melt on things. Cookies are for dessert ;)

How many calories does your diet add up to right now? No guesses. If you don't know go to FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal (http://www.fitday.com) and find out. If you do three days in detail (weight of food etc) you'll get a good enough picture of your diet.

Pika
03-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Wow ok bro i mean i love cookies and cheese and stuff i drink loads milk i do est like that asell but im going to check how much now.... P mag is a ph ( prohornmone )

Pika
03-28-2011, 05:07 PM
4370 cals bro .. Thsts alpt lol

TampaSRT
03-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I couldn't say it any better, lots of good food, work your ass off and have patience. Also, make sure you are getting good rest after the hard work.

D-Lats
03-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Not this guy again! Hey pika you fight your cousin yet? I thought you where going to wait a year before you did any hormones? But you are doing them to protect your family right?

D-Lats
03-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Ps turn on spell check bro

Gazhole
03-29-2011, 01:38 AM
If you're eating that many calories on a regular basis just replace some of your protein with more carbs and a little fat. Shoot for 4.5k, and just have patience.

Do the other things i mentioned like improving technique, changing your program etc. You don't need a prohormone, you just need to wait.

Vezella22
03-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Thanks for replying, everyone. It appears we have a decent cross-section of people here and a lot of well thought-out discussion

------------------------------------------------------
watch movies online free (http://www.watchmoviesonlinefree.tv/)

Pika
03-29-2011, 03:17 AM
No lol i aint had a fight qith him haa..... I said il wait yes but have p mag on my shelf lol its hard ha. Ok bro il try more carbs if i get up to 80kg id be happy ha :)

juggernaut
03-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Gaz is correct. These things take time.
Here's something else; I have a hockey player for a client who needs to get to a certain weight by August, otherwise he wont be able to get into the NHL. He's gaining, but has slowed. I found about two weeks ago that he started slacking off with not eating correctly, not showing up on time (being on time is a major thing to me-it shows dedication to get the job done no matter what), and just staying out late and not getting enough rest.
My point is, you NEED to be consistent, get ample amounts of rest, eat the right foods-even some of the wrong foods and finally, just be aware of how you feel. If you slack off, get bored or feel tired, it might be a good idea to rest or deload and to also change your routine to inject some excitement, try new foods, change things until they wont work anymore. And technique is incredibly important! You need to be certain you're hitting the muscles the way you need to hit.
What's your current routine look like? What's your goal?

Pika
03-29-2011, 03:56 PM
My goal? To be big around 200bls lean would be good for me i mean like in them pics i have gone bigger strench marks all over my body lol hate um... But feel stuck at 60kg its anoyin because everythin eles is going up .... I was going to run a cycle its on my shelf but again i dnt wanna mess up what i got lllol

juggernaut
03-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Pika, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say, as in, I cant understand what you're writing. However, post your routine as I mentioned before and we can take a look at it. 200lbs is not too hard to accomplish if you're doing everything correctly.

buddhaluv
03-30-2011, 05:14 AM
lol

Pika
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Sorry bro im on iphone .... I workout 4days aweek i do chest , tri/bi , legs, shoukders , cardio... I eat alot lol loads chicken beans , past before workout , tuna , steak, loads of water eggs jucie and fat foods aswell cookies and stuff lol ... Im not a pro at all dnt try to be i asked diffrent things and people on this site hace helped me loads .... Somtimes they feel like i though it back in there face by asking same thing diffrent way but i do not mean 2 , i train alone so its hard to know realy i normaly on the free weights but going on the mashine bench as i cant push my self while im alone ... Thanks

Pika
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Again spelling aint good... I cant spell that good sorry lol

Bobbyt450
03-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Try negatives an resistant band for your bench when you hit platues . One week do dumbbells then the next week do straight bar . Change your workouts around start with incline first or start with decline etc . Change your reps up do 2 weeks of 6 reps , then 8 reps etc . Change your rest time take a little longer break . Its the littlest things that could make that difference to help you succeed . Best of luck !!

juggernaut
03-31-2011, 05:48 AM
Try negatives an resistant band for your bench when you hit platues . One week do dumbbells then the next week do straight bar . Change your workouts around start with incline first or start with decline etc . Change your reps up do 2 weeks of 6 reps , then 8 reps etc . Change your rest time take a little longer break . Its the littlest things that could make that difference to help you succeed . Best of luck !!

Bobby, I have to disagree here. In strength training and pretty much anything strength related, if your routine isn't established or is all over the board with no clear cut decision in which path to go, you're not going to improve as well as you could if you have some sort of direction. Clearly, bands will not do much in this case.

My suggestion is to try something that we all know if effective and definitively simple for growth and strength enhancement. Pika, google the 20 rep squat routine. Several of my clients are on it, and everyone of them has seen improvement. If you need help with a setup, let me know.
My other suggestion is to absolutely make sure you're doing all of the exercises correctly in terms of technique as Gaz has stated.

Gazhole
03-31-2011, 06:42 AM
Its in these cases that you see the clear cut differences between training for strength and training for hypertrophy beyond all the basic rep range stuff.

HYPERTROPHY:
-High Volume in terms of sets + reps.
-A large variety of exercises to stimulate the most fibres possible. Usually changed or modified often.
-Isolation exercises to improve small details/accentuate the most visible muscles.
-Constant variation within a program to avoid adaptation and stagnant growth.

STRENGTH:
-Clearly split into main work (high volume sets, low reps) and accessory (high volume for both).
-Main exercises rarely changed, and if changed are limited in variety and cycled on a regular basis.
-Accessory work targetted on weaknesses in main exercises.
-Variation included only when needed to promote 100% familiarity and mastery of technique. Otherwise usually linear progression, in some form.

juggernaut
03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
well put gaz

Bobbyt450
04-01-2011, 06:25 AM
For my experiences those things a stated above helped me to over come platues in everything . Shocking the body from going heavy to light in the same month from 6 reps to up to 15 ( high as i go ) your body should then be able to improve . Like i said above IT worked for me so i just figured to help the kid out . I see it as showing the kid different types of methods to help him achieve his goal an to over come his platue .

Pika
04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Ho guys just got on, thanks so much for the help but im now lifting 80kg lmao?? Dont ask me how but i am i was so close to do a p mag cycle i still am but yh strenges going up and feeling good thanks tho you realy no yr shit bro..... Any1 tryed p mag?

juggernaut
04-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Pika how old are you?

HialeahChico305
04-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Wow ok bro i mean i love cookies and cheese and stuff i drink loads milk i do est like that asell but im going to check how much now.... P mag is a ph ( prohornmone )

Are you related to a guy name danny from new york? :coffee:

HialeahChico305
04-02-2011, 12:19 AM
4370 cals bro .. Thsts alpt lol

oh snap

Pika
04-02-2011, 01:54 AM
21... Haha funny ....

GearsMcGilf
04-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Pitiful bench press and horrible physique. Pretty sad.

Pika
04-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Lmao nice comment lol

juggernaut
04-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Pitiful bench press and horrible physique. Pretty sad.

Dont be a douche. We can't all be as powerful AND as intelligent as you Gears. :)

Pika
04-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Lol its kl man il be der 1 day .... Only bin at gym 5 months and 2 months that was just trying to find my way like

240PLUS
04-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I hate that fuck.

Pika
04-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Huh? Lol

240PLUS
04-02-2011, 01:41 PM
nvmd.

juggernaut
04-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Now thats a fat chick

Pretty914
04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
good info

dedication is key, i slacked and am not jumping on the wagon again
start from ZERO again soon to be hero lol

LAM
04-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Ok guys i have tub of p mag and im about to use it as my strenge just wont go up! Im 180bls and only lefting 60kg only 6 to 8 reps :( whys this?

IMO, you need more structure in your training. progressive resistance almost has to cause an increase in strength to some degree over time. have you ever used any type of bench program or routine?

I have always been a big fan of them, I don't like guessing when it comes to the big 3. I crunch them numbers then let the routine tell me what to do on what day. the thing about bench routines is that you have to set a realistic goal for your increase over X amount of time.

I have used MM2K many times in the past with great results. shoot for like a 20lb increase on your 1RM.

MM2K Bench Program (http://medlem.spray.se/damienthorne/MM2KBenchProgram.htm)

Cjparsons19
04-13-2011, 09:44 AM
use only dumbbells for a month

Pika
04-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys it has gone up to 80kg now i changed it up just like you said on your reply bro i am doing well thanks :)