• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need help from a Canuck

ALBOB

IDIOT SAVANT
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Could one of you PLEASE translate this into English???

A correction printed in a Canadian newspaper: "The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn, published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable, and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology." :tard:

HUH? :twitch:

:shrug: Apparently they made an apology to him for saying something wrong. Then in the apology they spelt his name wrong. :scratch: At least that's what I got out of it.

Canadian newsrooms have also suffered collateral damage from the war on terrorism.
In an October 15 Ottawa Citizen column, Liberal factotum Warren Kinsella accused National Post freelancer Mark Steyn
of being an "ideologue...who has attempted to make partisan use of the corpses at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon."
Perhaps coincidentally, Mr. Steyn's column then did not reappear in the Post for 42 days. (Both papers belong to CanWest Global.) Mr. Kinsella and the Citizen issued a 200-word apology October 22; the Citizen then dropped Mr. Kinsella's column. On November 22, the newspaper then printed this astonishing statement: "The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published October 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published October 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable, and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology." Perhaps coincidentally, Mr. Steyn's Post column reappeared four days later. Its title: "The most sensitive war in history." :D

Originally posted by ALBOB
Could one of you PLEASE translate this into English???

A correction printed in a Canadian newspaper: "The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn, published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable, and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology." :tard:

HUH? :twitch:
Ok,you checking up on me EH???
The Ottawa Citizen (that's our local rag)and Southam news(pro'lly some 'merican $$ bag)wish to apologize(bullshit)for our apology(for previous bullshit) to Mark Steyn(some loser).
In correcting( feeble attempt)the incorrect statements(see,I told you it was bullshit)about Mr. Steyn(that loser again),published Oct.15,(we're still talking about that!!!?)we incorrectly published (we fuqqed up)the incorrect correction(That bullshit we talked about,before,yup that shit)We accept (ha,ha...)and regret (if you believe this...)that our original regrets( when we first fuqqed up)were unacceptable(we tried to hose you),and we apologize(sorry)to Mr. Steyn( that loser )for any distress (take a pill) caused by our previous apology(caused by the shit we said way back then).

Now OldBob,what is so hard to understand in that statement?

:D

Originally posted by irontime
:shrug: Apparently they made an apology to him for saying something wrong. Then in the apology they spelt his name wrong. :scratch: At least that's what I got out of it.
IT,I translated it the way we understand things here in Ottawa...
Do you understand it now?

Re: Re: Need help from a Canuck

Originally posted by Dero
Ok,you checking up on me EH???
The Ottawa Citizen (that's our local rag)and Southam news(pro'lly some 'merican $$ bag)wish to apologize(bullshit)for our apology(for previous bullshit) to Mark Steyn(some loser).
In correcting( feeble attempt)the incorrect statements(see,I told you it was bullshit)about Mr. Steyn(that loser again),published Oct.15,(we're still talking about that!!!?)we incorrectly published (we fuqqed up)the incorrect correction(That bullshit we talked about,before,yup that shit)We accept (ha,ha...)and regret (if you believe this...)that our original regrets( when we first fuqqed up)were unacceptable(we tried to hose you),and we apologize(sorry)to Mr. Steyn( that loser )for any distress (take a pill) caused by our previous apology(caused by the shit we said way back then).

Now OldBob,what is so hard to understand in that statement?

OH, now it makes perfect sense. Thanks Dero. :thumb:

Originally posted by mmafiter I'm Canadian..........and I'm sorry.

Yup, you're the sorriest sight I've seen all month. :rolleyes: :rofl:

I think that is six apologies for one thing in one paragraph...that's pretty damned Canadian if you ask me. :D

Originally posted by ponyboy
I think that is six apologies for one thing in one paragraph...that's pretty damned Canadian if you ask me. :D
I'm SORRY,what d'you mean by dat,EH?:D

OlBob,what the heck were you doing reading the Citizen????:confused:

Originally posted by Dero OlBob,what the heck were you doing reading the Citizen????:confused:

Me? Read a Canuck rag? NOT!!!

I saw it in a Reader's Digest. :p

IML Gear Cream!
What was the article in the Reader's Digest about???
What not to do,if you're an editor of a baaaaaaaaad newspaper?

It wasn't in an article, just a joke at the bottom of a page.

Back