PDA

View Full Version : Okay what's the low down on air bubbles

flexxthese
06-09-2011, 10:31 AM
I've only recently started dabbling with pinning and hear everyone freaking out about bubbles and drilling it into peoples heads to make sure you get them out...here's my gripe, i'll get all the air bubbles out, but when I aspirate, I get them anyways, so what's the deal? I understand the dangers of air bubbles with IV pinning, but with IM is it THAT big of a deal? It seems like I won't avoid them anyways. As long as I get them out before aspirating, are the new ones from aspirating okay to leave in there?

JerBear1980
06-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Unless your pumping a lot of air in a muscle, it won't effect it. Might cause some PIP, but i know from from first hand expereince, air bubbles will not harm you with intramuscular injection.

irish_2003
06-09-2011, 11:22 AM
it takes quite a bit of air directly into a vein to hurt you......the small bubble will just come out in a fart later!!!

flexxthese
06-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Unless your pumping a lot of air in a muscle, it won't effect it. Might cause some PIP, but i know from from first hand expereince, air bubbles will not harm you with intramuscular injection.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure. It's been quite frustrating avoiding them when aspirating. glad to know not to worry :winkfinger:

Toddler
06-09-2011, 05:10 PM
When I started hrt my doctor told me to leave a small sized air bubble in the barrel of the syringe. She explained this would in a sence 'pack' the oil into the muscle so little to none would weep out of the injection site. Its fairly effective and it hasn't killed me yet.

chronicelite
06-09-2011, 06:34 PM
If air bubbles were harmful, I'd be long dead.

flexxthese
06-10-2011, 09:49 AM
:winkfinger: thanks again guys. happy pinning!

withoutrulers
06-13-2011, 12:29 AM
I pinned a big air bubble yesterday, it made a slurping sound. That shit isn't anything to be concerned about. Now air bubbles while doing dick shots? That sir is the bees knees!

heavyiron
06-13-2011, 05:38 AM
A little bit of air is fine. No worries.

GreatWhiteTruth
06-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Now air bubbles while doing dick shots? That sir is the bees knees!

Good to know. I was always too afraid to try! :roflmao:

castlehill
08-29-2011, 08:09 PM
No air bubbles are for Arteries and veins because they could cause a blockage to the heart or brain by causing the blood to clot. It would probably still need to be a descent size one.

SloppyJ
08-30-2011, 09:01 AM
I like to leave a little bubble to help push the extra gear out. Plus it sounds cool.

vannesb
09-02-2011, 11:42 AM
I've only recently started dabbling with pinning and hear everyone freaking out about bubbles and drilling it into peoples heads to make sure you get them out...here's my gripe, i'll get all the air bubbles out, but when I aspirate, I get them anyways, so what's the deal? I understand the dangers of air bubbles with IV pinning, but with IM is it THAT big of a deal? It seems like I won't avoid them anyways. As long as I get them out before aspirating, are the new ones from aspirating okay to leave in there?

You would have to inject over 1cc straight into your vein (bloodstream) to be harmful. Since you are not injecting into your veins you have no worrys!