• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

cutting down

raider6969

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
instead of cutting up, is it ok to gradually cut down the calories?
example:cut 100 calories per week until reach of desired level?

LOL...yes...you want to drop calories gradually, only go as low as you need to to see results.

Please define the difference between cutting up and cutting down. Cutting up is a term used to mean dropping bodyfat. Either way you say it, you're gradually dropping your calories so that you're burning more than you're consuming. I'd like to know what you think the difference is between the terms???

by cutting down calories, u gradualy drop calories thus dropping fat, .........basicaly ur right,its the same. can u still get stonger lifting weight by dropping cals?

my problem i think is that i started adding cals and i didnt stop where i had to, causing excess fat(too much). i wanna drop cals to get to the level that i should have maintained.

Yes...you should be able to get stronger on maintenance calories...once you find out what that is.

If you are going to go on a cut, and drop your calories to below maintenance....depending how long you cut for, you will lose strength...the longer you cut for, the more strength you're going to lose.

If you just go in short 4-5 week mini cycles, you probably won't lose much strength if any.

With the exceptions being that if you are new to lifting you can stil increase strength and muscle mass while losing fat. Another notable excpetion is when on AS.

i wiil bedropping calories to reach a maintenance phase( the maintenance phase that i should have been in ,in the first place).now,how will i know that i have reached it?

w8, i know i might sound like an idiot but what do u mean by my stabilizing ?
also i use 50% protein, 30% fat,20% carbs.... is that good?

IML Gear Cream!
Your breakdown is fine. You know you've reached "maintenance" calories when you're no longer gaining or losing weight....you're maintaining your weight. Another reason why you need to adjust your calories slowly...so you can see how it affects your weight.

so,if i understood correctly, if i gradually reduce calories, i will be losing fat until i reach maintanance level. example so if i drop my calories from 3250 per day to 3000, and from 226 pounds i go to 220 and stay there for a while,that will be the maintenance level?
what happens if i still got a lot of fat, do i reduce calorie furthermore?

Back