• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Favorite bars (not booze, not boobies!)

Vai Fan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone, I'm about to embark on a several month journey that's gonna have me away from my refrigerator from 3 days up to 3 weeks at a time.

So, I gotta eat somethin', right? I'd like to ask for some input on your favorite protein bars so I can stuff my pocket with these things before I head out.

GP suggested these as a beginner:
Designer
Met RX
Premier
Labrada
Natures Best
Twinlab
Biochem

Help me, please! My first outing is this weekend, starting Friday, so I gotta go shoppin' tomorrow. Oh, thanks in advance, too.

I really like Nitro Tech bars, but they are expensive. I have not tried a flavor I did not like. :)

What bars are not expensive? $1.50 is like a cheapie last I recall, proteinfactory makes thier own but I wouldn't doubt they are not taste test winners, but probably good on content.

I used to have MetRX bars when I was lazy about food/powder, cookie dough and fudge, both good IMO but some people expect a Snickers bar...

Originally posted by Mudge
What bars are not expensive? $1.50 is like a cheapie last I recall, proteinfactory makes thier own but I wouldn't doubt they are not taste test winners, but probably good on content.

I used to have MetRX bars when I was lazy about food/powder, cookie dough and fudge, both good IMO but some people expect a Snickers bar...

Exactly! It cracks me up when my non health conscious friends have tried some of my goodies and practically gag. One guy told me that he thought the Nutri-Grain bars were MUCH better! No way...really??? And they are SO good for ya, too.

I think I'll maybe get one of each based on recommendations, then take it from there. I had a Meso-Tech(??) once that tasted like a dog turd that went bad...yeah!

I'm not a protein bar fan simply because they give me the runs and most of them I find :barf:

So if you are planning a trip, I'd suggest you try them before you go so you know which one works and taste good...unless you have a bathroom near by! :lol:

Also, those tuna cans with self-opening lids or in the vacuum paks are good for travel. Protein powder, or if in a pinch, the RTDs are good too!

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I really like Nitro Tech bars, but they are expensive. I have not tried a flavor I did not like. :)

A buddy just said the same...I'll let ya know what I think, and thanks.

Originally posted by lina
I'm not a protein bar fan simply because they give me the runs and most of them I find :barf:

So if you are planning a trip, I'd suggest you try them before you go so you know which one works and taste good...unless you have a bathroom near by! :lol:

Also, those tuna cans with self-opening lids or in the vacuum paks are good for travel. Protein powder, or if in a pinch, the RTDs are good too!

Well, typically Lina, I'm a BIG fan of the runs...what a gas! Ha, I know what you're saying.

Good advice about the trip aspect...whooie wouldn't that be fun! Actually I'm gonna be in classes and various training environments with my Natl. Guard unit, so that could be REALLY bad. Good thing we're all issued gas masks!

Tuna in the bag, yeah, forgot about those, too!

WOW, I just checked the 'power bar' section at the local Kroger. Those damn things have upwards of 30grams of sugar per bar. That isn't good, is it?

None that I saw were those mentioned here, but I'm just wondering if it's typical for protein bars to have high sugar content, or if those were just the mutts of the litter.

Opti pro meal bars !!!

Well Vai, those protein bars are really not that good for you. Especially on a cut.

This past summer when I traveled to AZ, DP and w8 told me to pack a bunch of baggies with servings or protein powder, get a shaker bottle and mix with water when I needed them. Also, so that you can keep your fat count to get some Flax Oil Caps and down those with the shake. The only downfall is that you have to take like 10-14 of those suckers to equal your fat count for that meal.

Healthier and cheaper. Those bars are expensive and to me they taste fuqin nasty anyway. :D

I've found the Protein Diet bars by Optimum Nutrition are pretty good. They are SF and not too expensive. They are yummy :D

Back