PDA

View Full Version : Why breast growth etc?

Revenant
12-11-2002, 04:57 PM
I was just wondering why steroids can have feminizing effects when they're male hormones. At what point does this happen?

Scotty the Body
12-11-2002, 05:02 PM
I believe that they cause the body to produce estrogen which causes boobs to grow (bitch tits) so you need to take stuff to counter act that.

Dats all I know. :)

Scotty the Body
12-11-2002, 05:04 PM
BTW, welcome to the board!! :thumb:
There are many members here that can answer all your AS and other drug related questions.

crackerjack414
12-11-2002, 10:28 PM
well the man boobs are gyno. There is 2 kinds 1 caused by estrogen and 1 caused by progesterone. Iam sure mudge will throw up some good lik or article on the subject.

Mudge
12-12-2002, 02:35 PM
Elevated estrogen levels, search for aromitization

Crackerjack, you overestimate me :D Maybe Cornboy has something to share :)

crackerjack414
12-13-2002, 06:07 PM
http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/oestrogen-progesterone.asp
heres one on how to combat it

cornfed
12-16-2002, 07:36 AM
Ummm... quick summary:
raise test, the body counteracts by raising estrogen (either through xtra E production or by converting excess test to estrogen via aromatose)

Is this the same revenant from Musclemag.com?

cornfed
12-16-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Revenant
I was just wondering why steroids can have feminizing effects when they're male hormones. At what point does this happen?
Oh, and not all are male hormones :D

Belial
12-23-2002, 08:15 AM
Some steroids can also potentially bind to and activate certain receptors typically only occupied by 'female' sex hormones. Anadrol comes to mind. Trenbolone can raise prolactin levels post cycle, which can cause breast tissue growth and even nipple discharge in men.

And if this is the same Revenant...

Sup man? :)

bigredostrich
01-08-2003, 06:07 AM
so you want the lowdown on bitch tits huh ,well yeah using roids can give you them,an yeah they can shrink your balls to the size of peas ,an yeah in the long run they will give you heart problems an will prohibit you from ever competing naturally but what the hell ,stick a needle in yer ass,i mean why bother with hard work when you can take some roids,course youll also lose any respect the fellow members at the gym have for you ,an roid rage can be bitch ,was it bertil fox or that other guy who was put on death row for killin his wife nmother in law from takin roids?

any way i aint biased either way to roids but dont think bout why roids do this shit to ya, just remember that it does

Mudge
01-08-2003, 07:58 AM
Yes, it was Bertil.

You sure sound biased to me. I don't believe in roid rage myself, I think if anything its probably an athlete that would be violent anyway, there are many sports players including basketball that are accused of wife beating.

Roids can give you bitch tits, but it is DETECTABLE early on and you can totally avoid it if you aren't stupid, and for your balls to shrink you have to be on cycle a long time, and again there are ways around that for those that are on year round, not that I at all suggest being on year round for us common street people.

Next, in regards to heart problems, if you think the human body was made to be 400 pounds at 5'10" offseason weight, well the truth is the body was not made to be such a size, and the larger you become the more work your heart has to do, that is just the truth. Most of us still want to be big, but frankly, if you were interested in stretching every last day out of your life, get your ass under 150 pounds and life your life like that.

No, I will not suggest becoming a marathon runner, because believe it or not they place a strain on thier bodies as well, left ventricle evacuation is a problem for them which is considered a waiting sign of a heart attack. This is because thier heart muscle is so built up, it is squeezing some of its own internal workings, and yes this can be dangerous. There is almost always a compromise and that is what the body likes, if you want to be a super long distance runner, or a huge ass bodybuilder, you are pushing the limits of your body and something very much outside of evolutions natural curve of "slow" adaptation.

Thats the truth for the most part.

bigredostrich
01-09-2003, 08:48 AM
yeah mudge your totally right but lets not forget alot of guys on roids start them as soon as they take up bodybuilding an think as long as they can afford it they can stay on them all year round with no consequences,also on the bitch tits,theres a rumour goin rond that a couple of the top ifbb pros have just had suction and these new implants in their pecs,any idea who?an any one know what happened to bertil?he apparently was gonna get off with it?an out of inteest how many calories a day do you have to eat to add 1lb of bodyweight a week as mines bodyweight in lbs times 30 in calories which sems a shit lot like my motabalisms fucked up

kuso
01-10-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by cornfed

Is this the same revenant from Musclemag.com?

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw his handle too!!! :shrug:

Mudge
01-10-2003, 01:49 PM
I know DP posted calories per pound (well I think he did) but your metabo and useage of the calories can change what really adds a pound, good question though! I am thinking the 2400 calorie area? This is definately one for GP, I'll post in the diet/nutrition forum if you have not already.

I dont know much about the Bertil situation, but its been a story retold on many sites.

Anybody doing 6000+ calories per day is eating ALOT of food, remember that is 2-3 times what the average person eats. I remember reading about Manfred Hoeberl who eats about 8000 calories a day, and if he drops to 7k or less is I believe when he starts to lose weight, he's 6'5" and started out with a fast metabolism (he wasn't all THAT skinny, but he wasn't huge, plus he is tall remember). I dont really know what he weighs but if he isn't over 300 I would be supprised.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14218

Mudge
01-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by cornfed Is this the same revenant from Musclemag.com?

Maybe he just plays DOOM?! :D

http://www.zdaemon.com
http://zdoom.notgod.com
http://www.doomworld.com
http://www.newdoom.com

Belial
01-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Doom II, dammit

Mudge
01-11-2003, 01:11 AM
Doom II and other WADs not old Doom I yes, and of course high resolution and all that fancy pants stuff. I love it :)

cornfed
01-14-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by bigredostrich
so you want the lowdown on bitch tits huh ,well yeah using roids can give you them,an yeah they can shrink your balls to the size of peas ,an yeah in the long run they will give you heart problems an will prohibit you from ever competing naturally but what the hell ,stick a needle in yer ass,i mean why bother with hard work when you can take some roids,course youll also lose any respect the fellow members at the gym have for you ,an roid rage can be bitch ,was it bertil fox or that other guy who was put on death row for killin his wife nmother in law from takin roids?

any way i aint biased either way to roids but dont think bout why roids do this shit to ya, just remember that it does
No offense meant, but that is ignorant. :no:

bigredostrich
01-14-2003, 12:10 PM
make an ass out of myself well if you dont like the truth tough shit ,an as for being ignorant ,ignorant people are those that fail to recognise that a product has bad side effects an everyone well hopefully every on knows about these effects ,mudge made some good points,but you dont seem to want to-so mudge how long you been liftin ,out of curiosity an stats etc as you seem to know alot ,you one of these scientist guys

cornfed
01-14-2003, 12:28 PM
This is pathetic, 1st you said that you don't have to work, just take gear and you're huge. Then saying that all gear has sides, not all do. Out of those that do, over 80% have sides can be prevented before they occur. There is no good data proving the increased risk of heart problems, as most of the "results" have only been postulated or have been conducted by those who used for years and even decades straight. There is no data proving that high test levels cause cardio vascular problems of any kind. And lastly, you insinuate that it was gear that caused that dumb fuq to commit murder. Roidrage is a myth in that it is described as uncontrollable. It's no different than someone who's an angry drunk. Most likely, they were already an asshole and the gear gave them an excuse.

On a side note: Many "natural bbers" have used. I know this as a fact.

bigredostrich
01-14-2003, 12:49 PM
you are a sad ass hole an you have my pity not least because i have alreay discussed this with mudge who actually knows what hes talkin about an now i am discussing isaac nesser in a different thread,sorry but these pussies who take roids an complain about the hard work are more than likely doin 10 sets per exercise an workin out each body part once a week then wonderin why they cant gain the lazy fuck whereas other users of roids realise that there are effecs of roids or there would be no problem in their legalisation but if you knew shit about law yud know these things-my last reply on this matter also i never said that all gear has sides as only a dumbass like yourself would say that ans for sayin none o these side effects are real well thatsjust bullshit roids do have effects

cornfed
01-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Reread my post . . This is pointless and I suggest that it end now.

bigredostrich
01-14-2003, 01:07 PM
well ive already ended it so.........reread my fucking post ive seen several cases of people usng roids an being oh yeah arrested for dealing etc and let me think why the shit is illegal,because of the effects so piss off

cornfed
01-14-2003, 01:10 PM
In the future please give your opinions as such.

Just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood moderator. :)

Revenant
01-15-2003, 02:15 PM
bigredostrich seems to have a case of roid rage. :)

No, I'm not the Revenant from Musclemag.

cornfed
01-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Well, ok then I guess it's still good to have ya :D j/k. :D

Wolfpack22
01-19-2003, 02:24 PM
If you get on roids other bodybuilders that are natural will be jealous. If you want them and don't plan on competing at any time, get them. It's your body and your life. You make the choice.

toddlex
01-20-2003, 08:55 AM
I have done many cycles and never had a problem with bitch tits. You have to remmember evrybody reacts differently i guess i'm just lucky but some people will get sore tits in 2 weeks. What ever you decide i would get some noveldex not sure how its spelled just in case the sympoms show up other wise its to lats.

ZECH
01-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by bigredostrich
well ive already ended it so.........reread my fucking post ive seen several cases of people usng roids an being oh yeah arrested for dealing etc and let me think why the shit is illegal,because of the effects so piss off
It is very obvious that you have no idea about anything you're talking about, and you are spreading bad advice here, so STFU!
CF, I had too!

Mudge
01-20-2003, 10:13 AM
The AHA and other well represented health organizations recommended lifting the ban on steroids, because the supposed risks are generally bullshit unless abused or used abnormally. In other words, if a doctor were to supervise, or if a person was not retarded, there is such a thing as safe useage.

By the way, if you smoke pot or do acid you will end up staring at the sun until you go blind. Just wanted to make sure people knew the risks.

cornfed
01-21-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by dg806
It is very obvious that you have no idea about anything you're talking about, and you are spreading bad advice here, so STFU!
CF, I had too!
It happens :shrug:

:D