• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Reverse Push-ups

Freeman

Bearded Attacker
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have ever tried these things I used to do. The guy that showed them to me called them "reverse push-ups". You use a smith machine....lying on your back, and drop the bar down far enough for you to reach it. then you get a good, wide grip, and I liked to cross my legs at the ankles....then you pull yourself up as far as you can go, bringing your chest to the bar...doing as many as possible...

So, ever heard of those, or tried them? I haven't done 'em in forever, bc I never hear anyone speaking of htem, so I figured they were pointless...what d'yall think?

Sounds like a supine pullup to me....your using your back, not your chest?

I've often wondered about doing something like that.

A bit like doing bent over rows I guess, though you'd be getting a really good squeeze. Perhaps a bit pointless like doing pushups as opposed to bench press, of course they have their place in some routines but most people just bench press.

There's a bench at my gym that you lay on face down and row the bar up, its the same thing as you described except people won't be looking at you funny. :) Its a good exercise for back.

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
There's a bench at my gym that you lay on face down and row the bar up, its the same thing as you described except people won't be looking at you funny. :) Its a good exercise for back.

Surely you don't avoid exercises because people look at you funny ;)

lol, it depends what it is, if there's is no other way and it is the best way to get it done then I wouldn't care but if there is another way with the same results, then your damn right I'm not gonna look like a fool and have some 15 year old come to me and say "what you doin" .

Really...huh! I always think it's cool when I see someone training "outside the box" so to speak.

For example, there's these "pink" ankle weights at my gym, I'd like to use them for doing hanging leg raise but I just can't get myself to use them. :lol: stupid, I know.

Why? Because they are pink??? :p

Right!!!You never did explain why you don't like pink!!! :p

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
We do them, feet on a ball, plate held on the chest, tap the plate to the bar! :D :p

DP

How do you hold the plate on your chest?

IML Gear Cream!
Thats what I thought to freeman but I'd be worried about the plate slipping down on the up portion and crushing my boys. :laugh:
I guess a partner would help.

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
hands under the bar! :D
DP

:laugh: I'm guessing you did this to your partner the first time doing them? :lol:

Originally posted by freeman1504
I would want my "partner" to be a chick...then she could still hold it....but her hands wouldn't be under the bar! cha-ching! :D
I was thinking the same thing only having the "chic" just sit on you........:nana:

I have a very "tight" partner......her breasts actually support the w8 in this position.....:grin: (also give her a couple inch advantage)

The problem, you pervs :D, with holding the w8 over the bar, and maybe not a problem if you want your crotch in her face.....it that there is a lot more bending with each rep, and it's more ackward. :D

DP

Back