• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Big dumb animal!

bekahleigh23

Leading a Charmed Life!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
On Saturday the gym I work at had a Bench Press Contest. It was pretty cool to watch, some of the women were in pretty good shape. Anywho, there was this guy that benched 635 on his 1st attempt and 2nd attempt was 650 which were all successful. Right before he went onto the stage for his 3rd attempt, he was hitting the theater door with both hands really hard. I thought he was throwing stuff. And then all of a sudden there was this huge *CRASH*. That big dumb animal hit his head against the door so hard that he left a dent the size of his forehead!:eek: He attempted to lift 665, but i guess his heel came up slightly off the floor. So he didn't get that one.

Does anyone here think he was on something? Can a normal human being lift that much without being on something? He wasn't even that big. His chest seemed puffed up, and he had little arms. But it probably just looked like he had little arms because of his chest. I don't know, other than i know he's a big dumb animal!!!

On something? I think he probably consumed a protein shake! :D

That would be difficult to determine as passing judgement on those guys is just as bad a stating most people who workout are "Steroid heads" and "juicers". The one judgement we all hate!

I know a lot of powerlifters here in SFLA that use steroids, such as sus, deca, growth and d'bol. But on the other hand, most of them state they've used at one time or another but not currently :rolleyes:

I think it's a STRONG possibility, Bekah! Just my opinion, though.

Last edited:
what was his bodyweight?

without seeing him it would be difficult to know if he was on drugs.

A friend of my father used to do bench press competitions on a regular basis, and that was really all he did as far as working out. He did not work legs, mainly just upper body with a focus on the bench press.

anyway he was all natural and he competed at a bodyweight of 165lbs and his competition bench press was 425lbs, and I believe his "gym max" (no judges) was around 450lbs.

I've come to the realization that anyone that can lift more than me MUST BE ON SOMETHING!! :laugh:

That's true. I almost forgot the picture thing but by the way she described him, I'm assuming he's in the high 200's.

Using 10 reps, the most I benched dumbell wise was 110.... then somehow, I increased to 135, again for 10 within 2 weeks.....

I have been working in and around atheletes for 15 years ( I would not call that individual an athelete) I rarely find a powerlifter who has not tried steroids.

Prince,

Would that statement include someone who used 1 or two cycles as someone who tried steroids?

Originally posted by Prince
If you used 1 or 2 cycles of steroids 2 years ago (just an example) it's not going to have much of an effect, if any, on your size and strength today.

I guess because I was not on a real huge cycle consistently, as opposed to those who are, you have a very good point.

I can agree with strength and size because everything increase dramatically. After the discontinuance, I believe that it won't decrease (strength) dramatically though. On the other hand, I guess everyone's body is different.

In other words, when I was using "things", my weights (DB/BB) increased 40-60lbs. heavier with increase reps... I still have that strength! I guess I'm lucky because I stuck with it after quitting.

Originally posted by bekahleigh23
Right before he went onto the stage for his 3rd attempt, he was hitting the theater door with both hands really hard. I thought he was throwing stuff. And then all of a sudden there was this huge *CRASH*. That big dumb animal hit his head against the door so hard that he left a dent the size of his forehead

Sounds like he was trying to psyche himself up, despite the fact that he was annoying the shit out of everyone else. Either that or he was just trying to bring attention to himself. "Me is a big strong man. Everyone watch me lift lots of weight!!" People like that piss me off.

Originally posted by Prince
If you used 1 or 2 cycles of steroids 2 years ago (just an example) it's not going to have much of an effect, if any, on your size and strength today.

I would have to disagree.
If you took two identical subjects two years ago, one took 1 or two cycles and the other didn't.
I would be willing to guarantee that the person that did the 1 or 2 cycles is bigger and more than likely stronger than the guy that didn't.
I don't believe you would loose that much unless you stopped training and your diet went to hell.

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
I would have to disagree.
If you took two identical subjects two years ago, one took 1 or two cycles and the other didn't.
I would be willing to guarantee that the person that did the 1 or 2 cycles is bigger and more than likely stronger than the guy that didn't.
I don't believe you would loose that much unless you stopped training and your diet went to hell.

Actually through a witness of another friend who did MAJOR roids and consistent cycles... he's been off for about 5 months now and he's a lot smaller and a lot less stronger as well.

But you know what, this dude still consistently works and works out hard and he still looks better than most in the gym!!!

So, the subject of that matter in this topic, I have to agree with Prince on Muscle/Strength loss and agree with STB with stopping training and diet havoc..

Back