• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sheeple

mmafiter

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
"Half of the people you meet do indeed seem dumber than a box of rocks; but they did not start out that way. Parents, peers, schools, churches, advertisers and jobs made them that way. Every baby at birth has a relentlessly curious and experimental temperament. It takes the first third of our lives to destroy that curiosity and experimentalism; but in most cases, we become placid parts of a docile herd."

What do you think of this statement? I am continuously barraged with idiocy at work and I'm constantly amazed how people refuse to think for themselves. :rolleyes:

Baaaa. Sheeple! :laugh:

That's the old Nature vs. Nurter argument, are people born dumb or are they raised that way? Good question, I'm of the opinion it has more to do with your upbringing than any pre-ordained path you are destined to follow.

I grant that there are plenty of forces out there that seem geared to "dumb down" people, but I have to say, for some folks it doesn't seem to be too far a drop....

BTW -- excellent self control there, Albob, for not "getting off" on a sheep tangent!

All of the causes listed can make that statement true, but it's up to the individual to allow the dumbing down, either passively or agressively. The weak-minded or susseptable will be dumbed down, but all of the stated "causes" can become tools w/ which to advance you're exploration or independent thought. I don't believe that my faith has "dumbed me down", but rather, that it has provided new avenues of thought. If one doesn't take everything w/ a grain of salt and seek truth, thn they will take everything they're told as fact and becom "sheeple".

That's my view on it. :)

It all boils down to upbringing...
If your parents thought for you,did everything for you,how can you think on your own,then as you grow up you think that,that's the norm... Therefore,no thought process is initiated from YOU.
Hence... b a a a a a a a a a a a a a!!!
On the other hand if a child is forced to think at a young age,has the freedom to discover what is right and wrong ON THEIR OWN,yes that means that they will hurt themselves (minourly)BUTT,they will learn from those experiences and they will rely more on themselves!!!Making them more independant,as oppose to another sheep being hurded around...

:thumb:

er.......:scratch:........wha???:shrug::tard:
:p

Originally posted by irontime
er.......:scratch:........wha???:shrug::tard:
:p
There,you proved my theory!!!
You must have been a rotten,spoilled,
kid when you were young!!!

Just follow the sheep in front of you.
I SAID FOLLOW.
NOT FONDLE!!!