• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Poliquin and McRoberts

Max. Q

Capricorn
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Has anyone read:

1.) "The Poliquin Principles: Successful methods for strength and mass development" by Charles Poliquin

2.) "Brawn" or "Beyond Brawn" by Stuart McRobert

Care to share your opinions, reviews on these books...??

Last edited:
I've read most of the Poliquin Principles...it's good stuff...typical Poliquin, you could probably find most of it scattered about in various articles on the internet though.

Poliquin is a good read, borrow it rather than buy it.........and Pavel has one on stretching and one on strength (linked in my last training forum post)....Brawn...didn't impress me! :D

DP

Originally posted by w8lifter
I've read most of the Poliquin Principles...it's good stuff...typical Poliquin, you could probably find most of it scattered about in various articles on the internet though.

I'll be searching/researching...thanks...by the way w8 I think that's the best avatar I've seen of you.

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
Pavel has one on stretching and one on strength (linked in my last training forum post)....Brawn...didn't impress me! :D
DP

I saw that post, I've bookmarked the link for later reading, Thanks Andrew.

Anything by Poliquin, Chek, Staley, and King are gold. Brawn is interesting as well.

I just learned that Poliquin doesn't like behind the back bench dips for working the triceps.

Here's his exact words after talking about performing Parallel or V-Bar dips: "Please don't do the dork version: hands behind back, feet and hands on a bench. People who do those normally have an IQ of 5 and it takes 6 to bark"

He didn't elaborate as to why, I imagine it has something to do with straining the shoulders or not really working the triceps.

Originally posted by Max. Q
I just learned that Poliquin doesn't like behind the back bench dips for working the triceps.

Here's his exact words after talking about performing Parallel or V-Bar dips: "Please don't do the dork version: hands behind back, feet and hands on a bench. People who do those normally have an IQ of 5 and it takes 6 to bark"

He didn't elaborate as to why, I imagine it has something to do with straining the shoulders or not really working the triceps.

I believe he feels that parallel bar dips are so far superior to bench dips that you should not waste your time with them. He feels that bar dips are the most effective tricep exercise available.

Back