• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

SheLifts Workout Journal since I'm actually lifting now...

SheLifts

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Current weight 161.2
It's appalling, I know...

My workout schedule is arranged according to my upcoming class schedule:

Sunday: Chest and Tri
Monday: Shoulders and Abs
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Legs and Abs
Friday: Back and Bis
Saturday: Off

On my off days, I intend to do some cardio work, whether it be running or simply doing one of my cardio videos. (Yes, I own some) They are no good if they don't get put into the player though...

Long term goal: (May 2012) Be in my 130's.
Short term goal (10 weeks): (Oct. 17, 2011) Be down 15 lbs. Might be ambitious, but I gotta start somewhere.

This was me in 2006 after I had our son: (not photoshopped in the slightest)
24e2r8h.jpg

And this will be me again, only better.

Last edited:
8/7/2011
CHEST / TRI

Plyo Pushups (on knees)
x8 x8

Bench Press
65x8
75x8

Combo: Incline 15# DB Press / 10# Flye
x8/x20
x8/x20
x8/x20

Lying medicine ball toss (8#)
8x8
8x8

Combo: 15# Lying Tri extension / 20# Tri Press down
x20/x15
x20/x10

MONDAY 8-8-2011
SHOULDERS / ABS

OH Medicine Ball Toss (8#)
x8
x8

Combo: BB Upright Row / DB Lateral Raise
35x8 / 5x20
35x8 / 5x20
35x8 / 5x20

DB OH Press
10x20
10x20
10x20

Cable Crunch
20x10
20x10
20x10

Oblique Crunch
x20
x20
x20

Notes: Was a grueling workout. I am amazed at the weakness in my shoulders while doing 5# DB's on the lateral raise. I thought that I'd never finish them.
I can definitely tell that I do most of the lifting and carrying of my 50# dog food bags on my right side. There is a noticeable difference.

TUESDAY 8-9-2011
CARDIO

I'm not sure if I've committed a sin, but I've resurrected Billy Blanks. Yes, tonight I did Tae-Bo Cardio workout.....

36 minutes of pure HELL!!! I'm exhausted.

Tomorrow will be sprints.

Schedule change. Tomorrow night is first grade registration, won't be able to work out then. My little man's a first grader now. He had his 6th birthday yesterday... :tear:

Tonight's workout will be legs.

WEDNESDAY 110810
LEGS

Swapped up today and tomorrow's workout.

Jump Squat
BWx5
BWx5

Squat
35x10
45x10
55x10

Combo:
Leg Ext / Leg Curl
25x12 / 25x12
25x12 / 25x12
25x12 / 25x12

Romanian Deadlift
35x12
35x12
45x12

Standing Calf Raises
BWx12
BWx12
BWx12

Legs don't feel like jelly, but they're definitely fatigued.

Ya gotta love leg day!!! :ohyeah: Mine wasn't the best, but definitely did some damage..lol

Have you tried the Zumba classes yet? I'm pretty much addicted to them.. tried a few in our area with different instructors, and found the gal I LOVE! Booty shakin' has never been so fun :booty:

IML Gear Cream!
My calves are more sore than anything. I'll have to increase some of the weights, which I am surprised about.

I've never heard of Zumba. I'll look into it though. :)

No workout for me today. I did a little running in the yard.

I am surprised though, typically after I do anything strenuous with my knees, they hurt for a few days after. No pain this time. Maybe it's because I've been taking fish oils (6 g. per day) which are supposed to be good for joint health. My joints are good and lubed....

Tomorrow is back and biceps workout (or Pull Day). :)

edit: actually, today is pull day, it's already 1am.

It's Back and Bi Friday!!! New addition of HIIT!!

FRIDAY 110812
BACK / BI / HIIT

Warm up: Rope pulls

Lat. Pulldown
40x12
50x8
60x4

DB Bent Over Row
10x12
12x8
15x4
*increase next workout

EZ Bar Curl
25x10
35x8
45x3 (4th rep was negative only)

Incline DB Curl
5x12
5x12

Cardio: HIIT
3 min. warmup

6x:
30 sec sprint
1 min walk

3 min cool down

I'm swamped and glycogen depleted.
Can't type or spell at the moment. I've hit backspace so much you wouldn't believe.

It's Back and Bi Friday!!! New addition of HIIT!!

FRIDAY 110812
BACK / BI / HIIT

Warm up: Rope pulls

Lat. Pulldown
40x12
50x8
60x4

DB Bent Over Row
10x12
12x8
15x4
*increase next workout

EZ Bar Curl
25x10
35x8
45x3 (4th rep was negative only)

Incline DB Curl
5x12
5x12

Cardio: HIIT
3 min. warmup

6x:
30 sec sprint
1 min walk

3 min cool down

I'm swamped and glycogen depleted.
Can't type or spell at the moment. I've hit backspace so much you wouldn't believe.

Nice work out! I love the feeling of back and bis trained together. Hard to get the seatbelt on adter lol!

I'm glad that I'm working out at home now. I use to work out at a gym 30 minutes away. Man, I hated driving home with shaky arms, barely able to keep them up to hold on to the steering wheel. :)

Today's warm up, 100+ rounds out of my 9mm, 15-22, and AR-15.

Chest/Triceps workout tonight.

SUNDAY 110814
CHEST / TRI

Warm up:
Plyo- pushups against the wall

Bench Press
55x12
65x8
75x4

Incline Fly
10x12
12x8
15x4

Bench Dip
x10
x10

Skull Crushers
15x12
15x12

My chest and arms are jelly right now. No time for cardio tonight, unfortunately. I've got to the my little one in bed early because tomorrow is the first day of school for him and I.

Monday night = Shoulders / Core / HIIT

Weight this morning: 159.6 (-1.6) :ohyeah:

Thank you katt. I'm about to workout again. Apparently, it's healthy for you. :hmmm:

:)

IML Gear Cream!
MONDAY 110815
SHOULDERS / CORE

Had to do this one quickly because our after school schedule got rearranged due to an exhausted first grader and a much needed nap...

DB OH Press
12x12
15x8
20x4

Lateral Raise
5x12
5x12

Plank Holds
0:30
0:30

No HIIT tonight. :( Will do it tomorrow.

I'm thinking next week I'm just going to do a complete Push day instead of splitting it into two days. This way I can do cardio on Monday and won't feel rushed to get them both done. I'll just add the OH Press/Lat raise to my chest/tri workout. I think it'll work a little better this way. I was trying to save time by splitting them up, but it actually made today worse than better.

I have enough stress already, why make Monday's worse than they already are...

sometimes you just have to work with what you've got. We only have 45 minutes in the morning to get the weights in and that's rushing it I think. After work is cardio... and, well,,, I haven't gotten that totally down yet.. lol

I think I poorly predicted this afternoon's success.... I was proven very incorrect in my assumptions.

During June/July I would walk about 45 min to 1 hour each evening, but I'm unable to do that now; there's just too much to do. I'm going to stick with HIIT cardio for a while since it's super time saving.

I use to go to the gym in the morning before work when my wee one was actually "wee" and I felt rushed then. I started going after work for weights and running at the local track on my lunch hour. Fitting in stuff where you can sucks, in all honesty, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

No workout today because I was at school from 9:30 until 7:30. I hate long days there.

Tomorrow will be a cardio day.

Ok, we'll see how this goes. Yesterday we had a bit of a crisis at my house and I was unable to do HIIT cardio. Tonight is leg night - which I am about to go do - and I'm going to attempt to run afterward.... We'll see how this goes. Hopefully it's not a disaster in the making. I don't want to eat treadmill for dinner.... :D

Intense!!

THURSDAY 110818
LEGS / CORE / HIIT

Had to keep leg workout to some basics because I was sprinting on the treadmill afterward.

Squats
45x12
55x8 (was too easy)
80x4
100x4!!
*And no knee pain or discomfort after/during either. That's good news!!

Deadlift
65x12
75x8
75x4

Calf Raise
BWx12
BWx12
*With 1 second hold at the top.

Plank holds
BW x 30 sec.
BW x 30 sec.

Cable Crunch
20x12
20x12
*With 1 second hold on the contraction.

HIIT:
3 minute warm up

5x 30 sec sprints
*Tried varying rest intervals. 45 seconds on most. 30 did not give me enough recovery time; 1 minute seemed too much.

Cool down. Not sure how long I did this. Approximately 2 minutes I assume. I forgot what the timer said when I finished my last sprint. Oh well...

Over all, I'm very proud of this workout, even if it is minimal. For only doing squats 3 times in the last 2 years, hitting 100x4 was a great. My old max was 135x1, but I'm not going that high again. My insurance sucks and I'd hate to tear something.

SUNDAY 111821
PULL / HIIT

Weights:

Warm up:
Plyo vertical pulls

Lat. Pull Down
40x12
50x8
30x4

DB Row
12x12
15x8