• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Back routine

EarWax

Top Banana
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok I must suck at back training or something because I don't feel anything after I work it out. I do feel tired though, not from the back area though. I need you guys help to straighten me out. Perhaps I just have bad form.

Here is my current routine I am trying out:
Seated machine rows
Back extension (machine)
Assisted pull ups
Lat pulls (to the front)
10 reps 3 sets each, pyramid..

What should I add? Delete? Problems you had?

I would add bent over rows and deadlifts to you routine. Also upright rows and bent over bent arm lateral raises if you have the time.

------------------
Got Muscle?
Train hard, play fast, go strong.

this is my current routine, and my back is growing great.

weighed pull ups-4x4-8
bent over row-3x6-8
deadlifts-2x6

just remember, for a complete back workout you need 3 types of movements. a vertical pull (chin or pull down), a horizontal pull (any row), and a deadlift.

Thanks. I was missing the deadlift. I haven't tried it yet but I'll try it next week. It's pretty frustrating since every other body part seems to respond except my back. We just got an upright row machine in our gym. I forgot about the bent over bent arm lateral raises pump_daddy--I usually do them but forgot them today. Talk about Christmas break amnesia!

One thing about working your back, is you really have to concentrate and feel it! It's a little harder than any other muscle group because you can't see it!

Try focusing on squeezing and feeling every rep. Don't be overly concerned about weight, get the form and feeling down first, then gradually increase the weight.

Hope that helps!
biggrin.gif

I agree with Prince, you need to get your form down first and the weight will come!

Back is hard to train because, like Prince said, you can't see it and allot of people train their biceps harder than back when they work their beck! When working back, try using a thumbless grip! This type of grip will eliminate allot of the bicep work. Lessen the weight because without the use of the thumb, you will be able to handle less weight but in the long run it will definitely pay off! Good luck

------------------
If you build it they will come

[This message has been edited by Large And In Charge (edited 01-23-2001).]

Thanks for the tips Prince and Large. I know about the feeling it and I try to squeeze it so I feel it in the back. I do feel my biceps working a lot more than my back so I'll try the thumbless grip. Thanks again, you guys are really helpful!
smile.gif

The order you do your workout in can also make a big diffrence.
I'd start with pullups/pulldowns and leave the deadlifts for last.

And like the others said, think about the movement when your doing it, squeeze your shoulder blades and fully extend your arms.

Hey guys,
I like the idea of the thumbless grip. I too have the same problem where I dont feel like I am getting a great back workout. I will have to give this a try next time.

I have a question for you though, what exactly are upright rows. I don`t think I know what you mean.

Thanks,

IML Gear Cream!
oops I'm not so great with the names so it may be my fault. I meant T-bar rows which I haven't been doing, but we just got this machine. Not upright rows. Doh!

Hey guys

Here is an excellent site where it shows not only upright rows, both barbell and dumbbell style, T bar rows but also many other exercises that you will find in a gym. Just click on the name of the exercise and an animated image pops up and shows you a demonstration! The upright row demos are in the shoulder section.
http://gymamerica.com/gymamerica/exercise/ga_exercise_animated_demos/1,3124,,00.html

I strongly recommend that you either bookmark this site or put it on your favorites for future reference.

------------------
If you buid it they will come

[This message has been edited by Large And In Charge (edited 01-22-2001).]

My back grew the best when I started doing pull-ups for 50 reps. Don't do them at one time (unless your awesome) but do them until you get 50.

Hey Large' Thanks for the heads up W/ Gymamerica site. Not only great for proper body mechs. but lots of ways to change em up when ya get bored with your current routine!!!!!!!!!!
FM

Cool my back is sore! Finally after 1 year of working out! I know, I know, it doesn't have to get that way. I did a lot more weight, added some routines, and the thumbless grips. Thanks for the input guys, it worked.

w/gymamerica is a good site! I have picked up a few idea's there. Hey Mule, I'll have to try your idea on pullups. 50 total sounds good.

I agree iwth Mule,Chins and pull ups are excellent choices with so mant variations.

------------------
train smart not hard

50?! hmm I'm not that strong yet, but I do about 30 assisted and improving.

Mule,
Did 50 pull ups! Killer!!! I was down to sets of 5 but I got a total of 50 and I can eel them today.

Dang Charger! You the man... keep it up! I'll try to do 50 this weekend, but.. err no negative thoughts.

IML Gear Cream!
Hey Charger!
Try doing some pull-up using the attachment you use on the row machine. (the triangle one) Hook it over the bar(handle on each side)you do pull-ups on or wherever and try that. Do 25 one the old way and 25 this way. Sort of like close grip pull downs.

Back