• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fit / Fat Cities Ranked

Max. Q

Capricorn
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Fat Cities

1 Houston, TX
2 Chicago, IL
3 Detroit, MI
4 Philadelphia, PA
5 St. Louis, MO
6 Cleveland, OH
7 Atlanta, GA
8 Columbus, OH
9 Dallas, TX
10 Charlotte, NC

Fit Cities

1 Honolulu, HI
2 Seattle, WA
3 San Francisco, CA
4 Colorado Springs, CO
5 San Diego, CA
6 Portland, OR
7 Denver, CO
8 Virginia Beach, VA
9 Tucson, AZ
10 Sacramento, CA

more cities ranked......http://mensfitness.com/mens/superfeat/010203/ranking.html

HOUSTON (Jan. 2) - Houston, we still have a weight problem.

For the third year in a row, "Men's Fitness'' magazine has named the city the nation's fattest, blaming the region's hot and humid climate, "abysmal'' air quality, relative lack of outdoor recreation and residents' love of junk food.

The country's fourth-largest city topped a list of 25 cities, followed by Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and St. Louis.

Last year, the city launched a Get Lean Houston! initiative, aiming to encourage residents to get fit and live healthier lives. It also named Lee Labrada, a former Mr. Universe, as the city's first fitness czar.

Labrada said he's skeptical of surveys like the magazine's, and places more stock in studies like a recent one by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC interviewed 185,000 Americans by telephone in 55 U.S. cities to determine the percentage of people who are overweight or obese.

"Houston was not even in the top 10,'' Labrada said.

Houston Mayor Lee Brown, who last year admitted he had packed on a few pounds, has lost 20 pounds since.

"We do not relish the title bestowed upon us by 'Men's Fitness' magazine,'' Brown said in a statement, "and will continue to work to involve all Houstonians in our programs to improve the overall health and fitness of the city's residents.''

I read something like this somewhere else so I don't know which one is right. I did see Boston, MA as one of the Fittest as well as the State of NH (my home) as the leanest state in the country.

ROTF! Too many Detour Bars! :eek:

Found it, I read it on Mercola's website

1 - 50 State Score*
Ranking
1 New Hampshire 23.9
2 Minnesota 21.8
3 Massachusetts 18.5
4 Utah 17.9
5 Connecticut 16.6
6 Vermont 15.8
7 Iowa 14.5
7 Colorado 14.5
9 North Dakota 14
10 Maine 13.8
11 Washington 13.5
12 Wisconsin 13.5
13 Rhode Island 11.8
14 Hawaii 11.6
15 Nebraska 10.5
16 South Dakota 9.7
17 Oregon 9.3
18 Virginia 8.7
19 New Jersey 8.6
20 Idaho 7.8
21 Kansas 6.7
22 Indiana 4.3
23 Pennsylvania 3.8
24 Montana 3.7
25 California 3.7
26 Wyoming 2.7
27 Ohio 1.7
28 Maryland 0.8
29 Michigan 0.6
30 Alaska 0.2
31 Illinois -0.9
32 New York -2.6
33 Missouri -2.6
34 Arizona -3.7
35 Delaware -3.9
36 North Carolina -5.3
37 Texas -5.6
38 Nevada -5.8
39 Kentucky -7.6
40 Georgia -8.8
41 West Virginia -8.9
42 New Mexico -10.1
43 Florida -12.2
44 Tennessee -12.3
45 Alabama -12.8
46 Oklahoma -13.3
47 Arkansas -14.9
48 South Carolina -16.4
49 Mississippi -22.2
50 Louisiana -23.9
*Scores presented in the table indicate the percentage a state is above or below the national norm.

Originally posted by Max. Q
Fat Cities

1 Houston, TX
2 Chicago, IL
3 Detroit, MI
4 Philadelphia, PA
5 St. Louis, MO

Fit Cities

1 Honolulu, HI
2 Seattle, WA
3 San Francisco, CA
4 Colorado Springs, CO
5 San Diego, CA

I was very surprised at the list be for the FAT cities and listened on the news why Houston was listed like that (smog and air) and I don't buy it for a second.

I was also very surprised that Miami Beach wasn't listed in the top 10 ...

Oh well....... interesting enough!

Well, if I had to think about the fittest people, I would have to say Canada. But I guess that doesn't count! Strange that in the cooler area's people are more fit??

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by davidjasondean
Well, if I had to think about the fittest people, I would have to say Canada. But I guess that doesn't count! Strange that in the cooler area's people are more fit??

Nah, it's cause we eat less and drink BEER more......:D

Re: Re: Fit / Fat Cities Ranked

Originally posted by davidjasondean
I was very surprised at the list be for the FAT cities and listened on the news why Houston was listed like that (smog and air) and I don't buy it for a second.

Thank you!!!

and what's up with the "lack of outdoor recreation" comment??? Granted we don't have mountains or snow but we got beaches and water which are just as conducive to activities.

One factor that may contribute to the city's "fatness" is the fact that we drive everywhere. It's not like New York where you can walk to the store or work. You have to have a vehicle to get around the city!

Re: Re: Re: Fit / Fat Cities Ranked

Originally posted by butterfly
Thank you!!!

and what's up with the "lack of outdoor recreation" comment??? Granted we don't have mountains or snow but we got beaches and water which are just as conducive to activities.

One factor that may contribute to the city's "fatness" is the fact that we drive everywhere. It's not like New York where you can walk to the store or work. You have to have a vehicle to get around the city!

THANKS BUTTERFLY!!

Your damn right hon!!! I WISH I could ride my bike to the gym!!!! OR To work!!! :)

What about indoor activities? What a strange comment and evidence made by Men's Fitness..... I'm speechless!

I suppose if I move to Houston and brought my gym attitude with me that my 60 mins of cardio and 1 hour workout for 5 days a week counts for nothing? :confused:

There has to be something about the cooler or in this case, the Freezing cold weather and how the skin reacts because when I came back from the Northeast in November, people were saying I looked thinner especially in the face.

Here's the facts! I ate pizza almost 3-4 times a week and drank like a demon 2 times a week.... go figure??

Originally posted by mochy
I read something like this somewhere else so I don't know which one is right. I did see Boston, MA as one of the fittest

That was Men's Health. They ranked Boston #3 this year, and #1 last year.

I want to know why Hartford, Connecticut isn't ranked. :D

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
That was Men's Health. They ranked Boston #3 this year, and #1 last year.

I want to know why Hartford, Connecticut isn't ranked. :D

IAB,

I once saw a post card in CT and this is what it looked like. (I'm serious!!) This probably will answer your question above! :haha:

attachment.php

They talked about his on the news and how ironic it was that Las Vegas was not on that fat list...with all the buffets and unhealthy behavior. Very strange!

Well Sin City is mostly tourists though, maybe thats why?

I think Philly was #1 last year. so it looks like we are shaping up.:rolleyes:

IML Gear Cream!
I'm surprised oklahoma (especially oklahoma city) wasn't ranked quite a bit higher on the fat-scale, you can't get to the end of your block in okc without a car, not like there is ever anything within 5 blocks of where ever you are, everyone drives, there just isn't a choice about that, the only passtime is eating and watching tv. On the plus side they did put in a fairly long bike trail or two and there are sidewalks (usually on both sides of the road! Seems like an odd thing but now that I live in a city where sidwalks are usually only on one side of the street or missing all together I kinda miss the OKC sidewalks).

I have read that people who live in colder climates tend to have slightly higher metabolisms, I think it's just your body trying to stay warm. I doubt the increased metabolism is worth the lack of outdoor activity (you can only make so many snowmen and snowangels before the freezing cold and snow loses it's initial joy).

Fat Cities

4 Philadelphia, PA - I live 40 mins from Philly and I freeken HATE that City. What a DUMP. And their Sports Fans are the most ignorant, Fat disgusting Trailer Park Trash this country has ever produced. If I were GOD,, I'd take a huge crap on them. 10,000 tons of S#$T falling from the sky. What a thought. God,,, If your reading this,, PLease s#$t on Philly please!!! Thank you.

Fit Cities

3 San Francisco, CA - Oh come on now,, San Fran got such a high rating cause of all the AIDS riddled homosexuals all skinny from the desease. That's a FOUL and doesn't count.

San Diego, CA - I was there this past summer and I NEVER saw so many Road Bike riders.(bicycles not motercycles) Everytime you turned around you saw a pack of bicyclist. I saw very few overweight people there.

Re: Re: Fit / Fat Cities Ranked

Originally posted by firestorm

San Diego, CA - I was there this past summer and I NEVER saw so many Road Bike riders.(bicycles not motercycles) Everytime you turned around you saw a pack of bicyclist. I saw very few overweight people there.

Maybe you should've went and had dinner at a Buffet restaurant or MC'd's! :lol:

Last edited:
Originally posted by DanK
I'm surprised oklahoma (especially oklahoma city) wasn't ranked quite a bit higher on the fat-scale,

If you'll look, Tulsa was ranked 25 on the fittest cities........Better than I expected too.

Re: Re: Re: Fit / Fat Cities Ranked

Originally posted by david
Maybe you should've went and had dinner at a Buffet restaurant or MC'd's! :lol:

Actually Dave I don't even remember seeing a McDonalds. I only saw one Taco Bell which my kids had while we were there. They love that stuff.

In MAXIM they rate New Orleans as the fattest city...due to the immense overeating, partying and drinking that goes on there, plus it's all thick spicy food.

In Canada, St. Catherines (about 45 mins from the border by Niagara Falls, Ontario) is considered the most "obese" city from an article I remember reading. The funny thing is there are very few gyms there...hmm...

Back