PDA

View Full Version : Hernia operation

irontime
08-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey all, sorry for the lack of being here. I've just been ignoring the computer lately.

So here's the latest in short story form. I've been doing some test/tren for about 6 months. I also gave myself a hernia a few months ago. I found out a few weeks ago that I'm having surgery right away so I stopped the juice as a friend of mine who does it also had a hernia and he told me to stay clean for the healing process.

So my questions, how long should I stay off? And how long until I can lift heavy again? I was told to only lift 10lbs for the first 6 weeks and then I can add 5lbs a week until I'm back to normal. Great, It'll be two years at that rate.

rippedunit
08-16-2011, 11:43 PM
i had a hernia op, i couldnt do a thing for 12 weeks, no lifting that is. then after that just ease into it, i would think getting on some test after the op at a low dose would help the healing process as it would increase red blood cells etc.
just make sure you eat clean in that 10 to 12 weeks off.

irontime
08-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Definitely intend to. I'm taking the time to eat clean, no drinking, and lots of light cardio.
Would the eliptical be a bad idea after a couple weeks? And how long before you did situps again?

hoyle21
08-17-2011, 12:57 PM
What kind of hernia? That's the million dollar question. I had a umbilical and was only out a month. Inguinal or femoral is going to take longer to heal up.

irontime
08-17-2011, 03:11 PM
lol, ya I guess that information would have been good to put up there. It's an umbilical hernia.
So where you able to go back to lifting fairly normal after a month or just able to start going back slowly?

hoyle21
08-18-2011, 02:42 AM
lol, ya I guess that information would have been good to put up there. It's an umbilical hernia.
So where you able to go back to lifting fairly normal after a month or just able to start going back slowly?

I did light weights and cardio after a month, started getting heavy in the second month. I have had no problem at all, good as new.

The surgery isn't even painful. I had to remind myself not to overdo it. I felt like I could go out and cut the grass the next day, but I didn't.

irontime
08-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Awesome info, thanks.
When were you able to start working abs again?

hoyle21
08-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Awesome info, thanks.
When were you able to start working abs again?

I have never done isolated ab work, so I can't really answer that.

irontime
08-18-2011, 08:15 PM
No problem, between you and the doctor I got a lot of info. Thanks again, greatly appreciated.
And you're right, it's a bit sore but not even close to what I was expecting.

hoyle21
08-19-2011, 01:04 PM
No problem, between you and the doctor I got a lot of info. Thanks again, greatly appreciated.
And you're right, it's a bit sore but not even close to what I was expecting.

Rest up man. Remember not to do to much. It doesn't hurt bad, but you do not want to tear those stitches.

naturalplayer
08-19-2011, 11:22 PM
I had bi-lateral inguinal hernia operations and was lifting heavy after just 6 weeks and back on gear at about 12 weeks. They used mesh for me, so it depends on your process I guess. Good luck.

irontime
08-27-2011, 01:53 PM
It's been a little after a week and the steri strips came off yesterday. It almost seems like a have a bit of a bubble under my belly button now. Is swelling like this normal?

Zaphod
08-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Yup. You just had your belly cut into, the muscle and skin seperated, surgical implements stuck inside you and been stitched up. Your body is reacting to that so all that can heal. Don't push it too hard physically. You'll burst and ooze fluids until the skin has had a better chance to heal up.

irontime
08-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Whew, thanks dude. When I took the strips off yesturday I was freaking out. Mainly because I had a huge bubble not even close to where the hernia was. It actually seems to have gone down a little bit so that's good. I was ready to go smash the doctor as at first I thought he fucked something up.