PDA

View Full Version : Nandrolone and stanozolol damage bodybuilders' DNA

Prince
08-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Nandrolone and stanozolol damage bodybuilders' DNA

A couple of days ago we wrote about an animal study in which a one-time injection of nandrolone decanoate caused genetic damage. Now mice are not men and genetic damage is nothing like cancer, but a 2010 Brazilian study has shown that
humans can also damage their genes by using steroids.

The researchers studied 15 young men who did weight training four times a week and used anabolic steroids. The men took a four-week course and in that period – according to the researchers – injected 50 mg nandrolone decanoate and took 18 mg stanozolol three times a week. [Yes, that's what it says. Maybe they recorded it incorrectly.]

A control group of 15 bodybuilders took no steroids. Another control group of 20 young men did no training and took no steroids either.

Two months after the steroids course the researchers took cheek swabs from each test subject, taking samples of 2000 cells. Then the researchers examined the samples under a microscope to determine how many of the cells showed signs of genetic damage. The Brazilians recorded the number of cells with pyknosis [genetic material in the cell condenses], karyolysis [genetic material dissolves] and karyorrhexis [genetic material fragments].

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34505&stc=1&d=1313965144

The researchers also counted the number of micronucleated cells: cells with an extra small nucleus. These nuclei contain 'too much' DNA and make extra nuclei out of this. The photo below shows a micronucleated cell.

The more micronucleated cells in a sample, and the more cells with pyknosis, karyolysis or karyorrhexis, the greater the chance of cancer developing, scientists believe.

pieguy
08-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Not to rock the boat or anything, but wouldn't this be better suited in the normal anabolic zone? This seems like a huge find.

Makes me scared to use NPP or Deca :(

Deity
08-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Not to rock the boat or anything, but wouldn't this be better suited in the normal anabolic zone? This seems like a huge find.

Makes me scared to use NPP or Deca :(

Walking in the sun can also cause cancer, and many other things we encounter daily can potentially kill us through some means or another. Its all about whats more important to you, taking the risk or not. Me personally I like the way deca helps joints, and that miniscule risk doesn't mean much to me. However this is a great find, I'd like to see one done on Tren, Dbol and Larger doses of Test.

Moneytoblow
08-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Does this mean that the geared bodybuilder's offspring will also have genetic damage?

SwoleZilla
08-24-2011, 09:40 AM
interesting...esp at that low dosage

Livebig14
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
This should be in the regular anabolic zone so EVERYONE can see it

Deity
08-25-2011, 07:35 AM
I don't plan on having kids so the hole next gen genetic damage thing I don't care about. Does the body ever reach a normalization after discontinuation of the steroid? In other words will the damaged cells eventualy die out?

Glycomann
08-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Makes very little sense to me. Why would they use cheek cells as the readout? Do cheek cells even have androgen receptor activity? How did they control for things such as smoking and foods consumed? What were the differences between the groups? Did they analyze or do they plan to analyze other more pertinent cells like prostate or skeletal muscle? I'll have to read the study but on the face of it it seems like a study with some holes.

World-Pharma.org
08-29-2011, 03:22 PM
great post..and real interested..