• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

San Fran squeaks by.............

ZECH

Founder of GOSB
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Buried in a 24-point playoff hole after a season of missed opportunities, the San Francisco 49ers finally woke up.

After that, Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens could do nothing wrong - and the New York Giants made a monumental collapse, all the way down to their new long snapper.

Garcia hit Tai Streets with a 13-yard touchdown pass with 1 minute left, and the Giants botched the snap on a 41-yard field-goal attempt as time expired in San Francisco's 39-38 victory Sunday. It was the second-biggest comeback in NFL playoff history.

Right down to a confusing, contentious ending, it was a game with more twists, turns and dramatic moments than most teams would see in years - from Amani Toomer's three touchdown catches to Kerry Collins' impressive performance, from Garcia's impossibly gutsy leadership to the fight that broke out at the height of the tension.

The 49ers (11-6) trailed 38-14 with 4 minutes left in the third quarter, but they scored 25 straight points on two TD passes and a scoring run by Garcia, as well as two 2-point conversion catches by Owens.

After Garcia drove the Niners 68 yards in just over 2 minutes for Streets' score, Collins got New York to the San Francisco 28 with 6 seconds left. But long snapper Trey Junkin, signed earlier in the week, made a low snap that Matt Allen couldn't handle.

Allen threw a desperate pass that fell incomplete, and after New York was penalized for illegal men downfield, the Niners leaped, sprinted and collapsed onto the field in a raucous celebration before an exhausted Candlestick crowd.

The 49ers advanced to face Tampa Bay next Sunday, but the Buccaneers will have no idea which San Francisco team they'll face - the one that stumbled through the first 40 minutes, or the one that flattened the Giants with an unbelievable rally.

I bet Jeremy Shockey wants to go run and hide now after he talked so much trash and was so cocky during that game. There is a fine line between being aggresive and being a dumbass. He definetly crossed that line.

MAD PROPS to the 49ers for that comeback. The Giants certainly did not help themselves. The stupid penalties cost them BIG TIME, and the botched field goal was inexcusable.

Terrell Owens OWNED Jason Sehorn. OWNED.

attachment.php

I nominate the NY Giants as the most STUPID group of players in the NFL. They lost that game because of hot-headedness.

As for the impartial fan (me), it was the most entertaining game that I watched all weekend (I missed the Pitt-Clev game).

The Pitt-Clev. game was a heart breaker(I am from Cleveland and a die hard Dawg pound fan for life). To bad umissed the OSU-Miami game on Friday night that was one of the greatest football games I have ever seen!

Back