• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Reminder: Dr. Atkins on Larry King Tonight, they want callers!

Are you going to call in? I would really like to hear Larry King say "Let's take a question from our next caller Dr. Pain."

Originally posted by P-funk
Are you going to call in? I would really like to hear Larry King say "Let's take a question from our next caller Dr. Pain."

I'd watch it just for that :laugh:

Originally posted by w8lifter
I'd watch it just for that :laugh:

K....I almost said I'd call if you call :lol:

So it was good, he was very consistant. Actually I would have called, but Mrs. Pain said I couldn't ask my question:

Dr. Atkins, I'm a Supplement store owner in AZ and (blah blah blah thanks type stuff)

What I want to know is, after your heart attack...which we know is totally unrelated to your program (he kept insisting " His program was FOR LIFE"), there was a lot of finger pointing......our fear is "What happens after Atkins, will the L/C segment of our Industry "Fall Apart?""

BTW...FYI

The callers who where stalled....his line of questioning is similar to ours

First...are you on any meds? HRT? (Anti depressives being bad, and hormones...and he said most thyroid was mis-prescibed) (should be t3 and t4) and usually mis-dosed (under-dosed if w8 was stuck on his Program)

Then if not....he suggested having the Thyroid checked......and said most Blood Tests don't show Hypothyroidism....use body temp....even 97.8 was a sign.

:D

DP

Dr Atkins is a crack baby.

He also kept insisting on tons of veggies.... eating berries (both after induction, and I can tell you, people miss this point ALL of rhe time)...and the value of Vitamins :D

DP

IML Gear Cream!
He did not mention exercise until Larry King brought it up. Also, if you are not losing weight on his diet, it MUST be thyroid-related. :rolleyes:

Isn't possible that his diet just might not work for some people? The dude needs to take his bliders off.

I though it was pretty good.
Dr. Atkins didn't seem to convince Larry King that the diet was healthy though.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Isn't possible that his diet just might not work for some people? The dude needs to take his bliders off.

Do you really believe that though? I think if it were not to work for someone there probably is a problem with them. Then again most obese people already have problems, or they wouldn't be.

I was going to comment on this too. He made a huge point of once induction is over......ketosis is out, he actually said it was not necessary, but desirable in the first two weeks. After that....he said each person must find the level of carbohydrates that meet their goals!

He was obsessed with w8 loss versus body compostion...and I didn't like that....because many still achieve results w/o the scale moving, but he is on record that.....if such a program doesn't work for you:

Antidepressants
HRT
Thyroid
Other Meds
or plain Metabolic resistance to ANY program is the issue!

...and while I don't have a 40,000 case history like he does (I'm in the thousands though, we do this 8-9/7/362), and while I do believe his program misses many finer points, somatotyping, genetics, goals, activites, other stats (basically, individualized) ....I do believe his assumptions of why his or any progam may not work is empirically correct

Did he address why he shut down the entire Atkin's center in NYC (on a dime) save for the dieting aspect?

(this is MBC)

Atkins is a crack pot.

How about when the woman called up and said, "I'm a mail carrier and I started your diet and started to lose 2.5-3lbs A DAY and that scared me so after 2 weeks I stopped."

He said, "oh, that was just water weight, it's perfectly normal."

UH, HELLO???? She has a strenous job and she needs carbs?!!

Also, he said "some cyclists tried the diet and after the first two weeks, they were riding the same as they were before the diet."

BULLSHIT!

I may call in and act like an idiot savant and ask if Dr. Atkins is related to Chet Atkins (old time singer) he'll say no then I'll ask if he is realted to the Charles Manson Follower by that same last name he will say NO. then I'll ask him if he is related to Alan Atkins the actor who played on MASH even though his name was Alan Alda. They'll probably hang up on me at this point.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
(this is MBC)

Atkins is a crack pot.

How about when the woman called up and said, "I'm a mail carrier and I started your diet and started to lose 2.5-3lbs A DAY and that scared me so after 2 weeks I stopped."

He said, "oh, that was just water weight, it's perfectly normal."

UH, HELLO???? She has a strenous job and she needs carbs?!!

Also, he said "some cyclists tried the diet and after the first two weeks, they were riding the same as they were before the diet."

BULLSHIT!

MBC this is a very naive view. Have you ever been on the Atkins diet?

I have, several times. I don't think its the ideal diet for the average bodybuilder or someone whose goal is to obtain or maintain an abnormal amount of muscle mass. But:

the human body does not NEED carbs to function. Fat is an energy source and can be readily used by the body, especially when in ketosis. Also, through a process known as glucogenisis (I think), protein (though not efficiently) can be converted to glucose. So to say some NEEDS carbs is simply incorrect.

Originally posted by Twin Peak
MBC this is a very naive view. Have you ever been on the Atkins diet?

I have, several times. I don't think its the ideal diet for the average bodybuilder or someone whose goal is to obtain or maintain an abnormal amount of muscle mass. But:

the human body does not NEED carbs to function. Fat is an energy source and can be readily used by the body, especially when in ketosis. Also, through a process known as glucogenisis (I think), protein (though not efficiently) can be converted to glucose. So to say some NEEDS carbs is simply incorrect.

:thumb: (gluconeogenesis)

Originally posted by w8lifter
:thumb: (gluconeogenesis)

Yeah, what she said! :D

I never claimed to own a lab coat!

Back