• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

G.W. Bush

Ditto!!!

I wish I was watching the president right now. That guy is so entertaining......It's like watching a cartoon except better........He is running things!

Kind of hard to argue with that logic.......................but some moron will probably try. :(

Originally posted by ALBOB
Kind of hard to argue with that logic.......................but some moron will probably try. :(

Who's post.....Mine or P-funk's

I think he is reffering to your post. But if he is talking about mine it's cool, it's not the firt time I have been called a moron!!!

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by P-funk
I think he is reffering to your post. But if he is talking about mine it's cool, it's not the firt time I have been called a moron!!!

I dont think RepublicanBOB is calling you or I a Moron.......I think he ment anyone that will argue with the tax cuts is a moron.

Right Albob?

*God I wish they would raise my damn taxes already. Sometimes life is just so unfair*

see.....moron

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Citing "warning signs" in the economy, President Bush proposed a $674 billion stimulus plan on Tuesday that would eliminate taxes investors pay on dividends, a move denounced by Democrats as a windfall for the rich designed to boost stocks and his reelection chances.

"The role of government is not to manage or to control the economy from Washington, D.C., but to remove obstacles standing in the way for faster economic growth ... and those obstacles are clear," Bush told the Economic Club of Chicago.

He credited American consumers with being the driving force behind the nation's economic recovery. "Yet there are warning signs I won't ignore," Bush said, citing mounting personal debt, a growing tax load and rising unemployment, which "clouds our economic future."

Saying urgent action was needed, Bush called for the acceleration of across-the-board rate cuts, a $400-per-child increase in the tax credit for families with children, and more generous incentives for small businesses to invest in new equipment. The rate cuts would be retroactive to Jan. 1, 2003.

In all, the White House says the plan will give 92 million taxpayers an average tax cut of $1,083 this year. Up to 35 million people who get income from dividends could benefit, thereby increasing consumer spending and investment.

Bush's Council of Economic Advisers said the tax cuts would help the economy create 2.1 million jobs over the next three years. "We cannot be satisfied until every part of our economy is healthy and vigorous," Bush said, noting the unemployment rate is projected to rise "even further in the short run."

OTHER KEY POINTS

They said more than 10 million of those poised to benefit are senior citizens, a key voting block in 2004.

To ensure passage in the Senate, the president will need to pick up some votes among Democrats, but Bush will also need to keep moderate Republicans on board. Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain has threatened to oppose a plan "too tilted" toward investors and the well-off.

Hoping to broaden support for the tax cuts, Bush urged Congress to quickly extend federal unemployment benefits for more than 750,000 Americans whose benefits expired on Dec. 28.

In addition to eliminating all taxes on dividends paid by shareholders, Bush proposed:

-- Accelerating reductions in income tax rates for all income brackets, now scheduled for 2004 and 2006, to this year. That would lower the 27 percent bracket to 25 percent, the 30 percent bracket to 28 percent, the 35 percent bracket to 33 percent and the top 38.6 percent bracket to 35 percent.

-- Increasing to $75,000 from $25,000 the amount small businesses can write off for investments in new equipment.

-- Expanding the 10 percent tax bracket to the first $7,000 in income from $6,000.

-- Fully implementing tax breaks for married couples.

-- Immediately expanding the child tax credit to $1,000 from the current $600, helping an estimated 34 million families.

How does the gov't expect to fund a war on terrorism and a possible conflict with Iraq when G.W. keeps cutting taxes? Aren't we already trillions of dollars in debt again? Someone please educate me here.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
How does the gov't expect to fund a war on terrorism and a possible conflict with Iraq when G.W. keeps cutting taxes? Aren't we already trillions of dollars in debt again? Someone please educate me here.

Actually the Deficet is lower than it has ever been since 1973. There really is no better time to cut taxes than TODAY

Also IAB.......When Taxes are cut, it creates spending from the citizens, which in turn creates more taxes, in the long run. So in short, we all win when taxes are reduced to levels that we can tolorate.

G.W.'s last tax cut was supposed to stimulate the economy, and it did nearly nothing.

BTW, I manage a payroll system, and all these tax cuts means changes to the system, which keeps me employed. :D

G.W.'s last tax cut was supposed to stimulate the economy, and it did nearly nothing.

BTW, I manage a payroll system, and all these tax cuts means changes to the system, which keeps me employed. :D

On a personal basis, the last tax cut, was pretty much unrealized to me also. But on a overall basis it did help the economy start the recovery process.

Sorry for all your hard work. I know it's gotta be a bitch.

Originally posted by IPMC
I dont think RepublicanBOB is calling you or I a Moron.......I think he ment anyone that will argue with the tax cuts is a moron.

Right Albob?

EXACTLY :thumb:

(We already knew IAB was a moron. :D )

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by ALBOB
EXACTLY :thumb:

(We already knew IAB was a moron. :D )

I can't argue that.

:p

BTW, I support the tax cuts. I'm just trying to understand. I'm all in favor of tax breaks for higher income families. :D

Right Albob?

How could anyone argue with that?? The Reagan tax cuts were such an unqualified success -- as long as you measure success in terms of astronomical deficits. The way things are going right now, "W" stands a real chance of being even more successful in that regard than Reagan was!

Originally posted by mesomorphin'
How could anyone argue with that?? The Reagan tax cuts were such an unqualified success -- as long as you measure success in terms of astronomical deficits. The way things are going right now, "W" stands a real chance of being even more successful in that regard than Reagan was!

WOW, do I note a bit of sarcasim?

WOW, do I note a bit of sarcasim?

Heck no...
Just the freakin truth!

Once a task you first begun,
Never finished until it???s done,
Be the labor great or small,
Do it well or not at all!
- Big Mama

It usually takes 3-5 years on average for changes to take place!!

Then 10 years for the Cdn government to realise that it might be a good move...
Maybe!:doh:

Back