• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need to take something to help me loose fat

dim

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi guys.. I've been working out using my BowFlex Pro machine.. it's great by the way.. Working out for probably around 6 months now.. I've lost weight and gained muscle, but my diet really sucks. No matter how hard I try I just cannot eat the proper food at the proper times. I know that I probably don't try hard enough and if you can do it, I can do it too.. But it's really hard with work, school, coming home late and not being able to get out for lunch to get what I really should be eating, at work..

I understand that it can be done and i'm a craphead for saying all this, but I really want your opinions on what you think I could take to help me loose weight.

I need to loose about 25 pounds.. I work out 3 days a week, i do aerobic exercises on the bowflex every time..

I was jogging about 2 times a week for about a month, i really started getting in good shape but.. but it was just impossible to keep up with.. I also tried jump rope for a few weeks..

So, please help me out here.. I need either some kind of a fat burner, or something that blocks out carbs.. Stacker2? Etc.. etc..

All your responses would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Doesn't matter what you take...if you're diet sucks, you're not going to get any where...adding a magic pill won't matter.

My suggestion is that you try harder w/ your diet.

I usually take my food to work with me (as do alot of other's here I'd imagine). Are you not allowed to eat at work?

I normally get up a bit earlier than I have to. Make breakfast and eat it. Then I get my lunches ready (and cook them if I have to) and head out.

Chicken, Tuna and Salmon all come in cans. I try to only eat fish 2 times a week, but sometimes 3. (I love those tuna pouches they make now - no drain....hell yeah). The chicken isn't bad either (cans only :( ). Add some veggies, a protien shake, etc. and off I go.

Point is, it can be done. You can always do this stuff the night before as well.

As far as losing weight, watch what you eat, keep exercising and eat 5-6 times a day (smaller meals) instead of eating 3 times a day. Eating that often serves a couple of purposes, but the one you should be interested is that it should keep your metabolism up and burn more calories.

You could try a low carb, mod fat diet if you have to or want to. There are things that MIGHT help, but your diet is still going to be the main thing. Like W8 said, if you diet sucks, that stuff you are thinking about isn't going to help.

One other point. If you are gaining muscle, your weight isn't necessarily going to go down. Muscle weighs more than fat does.

You can always cook ahead as well.

I do that alot with chicken especially. I'll make about 4-6 meals worth cuz once its cooked it will last almost a week in the fridge.

When I was working full days (8-10 hours) I use to pack up all my meals the night before and then put it in a big carry cooler (like the fabric ones that holds 12 cans of soda). People always thought my lunch bag was huge. LOL

Anyway, throw your tuna and mayo in a tupperware, make up your salads (w/ the cooked chicken) the night before and bring your dressing with you. It can be done, we all do it here. :thumb:

Bump for what everyone has already said. There are many quick, healthy, low cal/high protein/low fat foods out there...many of which you can eat right out of the can. If you're watching your sodium just take an hour or so on Sunday night and cook your main foods for the week. Obiously you need to get into the habit of taking food to work. Examples of canned/quick & easy foods:
Tuna, Salmon, White Chicken, Canned Vegies or Frozen (also very easy and quick), protein powders, MRPs, raw vegies, freash fruits, yogurt, etc. This list is too long to be exhaustive.
You need to commit to eating better and only then will you reach your goals. As for what PILL to take...IMO...NONE...until you can't make your diet any better. Also, try getting out of bed 30 minutes earlier and doing cardio then and increase your strength workouts to 4 times/week. If time is an issue implement interval training with minimal rests.

IT CAN BE DONE BUT YOU MUST BE WILLING TO PUT FORTH THE EFFORT AND BE WWILLING TO MAKE SOME SACRIFICES (ie. not being able to eat out and have what you want to eat with your friends or co-workers, etc.)

yes...you can't be lazy or unmotivated about this...ditto to what everyone else said...gotta be dedicated...clean up your diet....

that's your best bet...if you take a pill and actually lose fat, you'll be setting yourself up for a rebound effect..you'll get fat again once you get off the pill....this is a lifestyle/diet change my man...gotta put forth the effort!

Thanks for all your responses :)

All of your points are very good.. I'm going to get a list of 'good' foods to eat and just bring it with me everywhere..

Another question though.. Can or Should I be drinking protein shakes if I'm trying to loose weight?

I drink protien shakes all the time, whether I'm cutting, maintaining or bulking. Try and get a shake in you imediatly after your work out.

Originally posted by Fit Freak
IT CAN BE DONE BUT YOU MUST BE WILLING TO PUT FORTH THE EFFORT AND BE WWILLING TO MAKE SOME SACRIFICES (ie. not being able to eat out and have what you want to eat with your friends or co-workers, etc.)

Amen to this. Protein shakes or even MRP's (meal replacements) are great ways to get what you need quickly and easily.

There is always a way. You simply have to choose to make the right choices for yourself. If you really want to do it, then you'll do it...it's that simple.

Back